Main Menu

Footy Boots

Started by Tominator, July 30, 2012, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

The other thing I like about my blades is that the where the soul connects to the upper (at the toe).  It connects higher up as something that has always happened to my boots is that they split at that point.  All boots that I have worn that have the higher toe connection point have lasted longer.

I hope you get what I mean cos its kinda hard to explain.  Look at the blade boot I linked and look at where the soul connects to the upper (at the toe) and compare it to every other boot that has been linked.

chrisuzz

If your not looking for anything too flash try on a pair of nomis boots for a feel very good boots usually quite cheap but pretty reliable I'd say.
I think they went out of business though but I do still see pairs of Nomis at sports stores, worth a try most of them are usually kangaroo leather too.

Tominator

Quote from: chrisuzz on July 30, 2012, 11:56:47 PM
If your not looking for anything too flash try on a pair of nomis boots for a feel very good boots usually quite cheap but pretty reliable I'd say.
I think they went out of business though but I do still see pairs of Nomis at sports stores, worth a try most of them are usually kangaroo leather too.

nah Nomis are in business still I think, but cheers for the idea

I know this is snobby but I'm more into Adidas hahaha

roo boys!

Currently got a pair of Asics Tigreor, they're pretty expensive usually but I got them on sale early (not paying full price the day before the season starts or anything). No complaints. One of the features that appealed to me was the HG10mm when they raise the heel by 10mm and it's supposed to prevent hammies/calves and I was a bit sceptical at first but this is the first season since U/10's that I haven't had any injuries (well broken arm but that's hardly to do with my boots :P)

Tominator

nice, those Tigreor's seem pretty good ! I know a few Norwood Redlegs boys who have them and rave about 'em

Yeah since getting my Pumas I have had calf problems for a while, flared up again on the weekend ::)

Jukes

Quote from: roo boys! on July 31, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
Currently got a pair of Asics Tigreor, they're pretty expensive usually but I got them on sale early (not paying full price the day before the season starts or anything). No complaints. One of the features that appealed to me was the HG10mm when they raise the heel by 10mm and it's supposed to prevent hammies/calves and I was a bit sceptical at first but this is the first season since U/10's that I haven't had any injuries (well broken arm but that's hardly to do with my boots :P)

Wish I had those, I've got two injured calves atm and do my hammys regularly.

CrowsFan

Quote from: chrisuzz on July 30, 2012, 10:57:48 PM

They are the boots I had last season. Now where these:

This is for playing the original football by the way, none of this picking the ball up crap :P

Tominator

have not seen those in a shop but they look sick. Like them CF

chrisuzz

I had a pai of powercats for about 2 weeks while my boots were coming in the mail CF black and green instea though :)

By the way what dies everyone think the best boot of all time or their favourite boot of all time?

My Chumps

Quote from: roo boys! on July 31, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
I've got as similiar pair; Asics Tigreor and raised heel. I love them. Brilliant to kick with and prevention of injuries. I was always a fan of Nikes but I am now an asics man  :)

White with gold and black stripes  :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Tominator on July 31, 2012, 08:37:19 PM
have not seen those in a shop but they look sick. Like them CF
As zz said above they are the Puma Powercats. Really liking them, they are very comfy.

One of the best boots I have worn is the Nomis Spark, but they fell apart after a couple of months, so got it replaced with a brand new pair for free, which my dog then promptly chewed up a few months later :(

Quote from: chrisuzz on August 01, 2012, 06:21:35 PM
I had a pai of powercats for about 2 weeks while my boots were coming in the mail CF black and green instea though :)

By the way what dies everyone think the best boot of all time or their favourite boot of all time?
Why did you only have them for 2 weeks??

Tominator

favourite boot of all time would have to be Adidas Predators (white and gold) like the really old ones from about 2007 or something

Really flashy I know but they were sick :P

chrisuzz

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 01, 2012, 07:41:26 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on August 01, 2012, 06:21:35 PM

Why did you only have them for 2 weeks??
Okay poor sentence, but it was while i was waiting for those WC Preds. in that other picture :P
Yeh the powercats were quite comfy though i only got the $60 ones :P

Tominator

Still got the dilemma, cannot decide. Sorry to ask again but what are your thoughts? Adipures or Predators?

Adidas adipower Predator (White/Blue/Electricity)

Adidas adipure 11pro (White/Red)

chrisuzz

Have you tried them both on in stores?