Main Menu

Scott Thompson Brownlow Medal

Started by RiOtChEsS, July 28, 2012, 03:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

and he followed through with the bump, indictated by him raising the elbow after the contact.

Rusty00

Quote from: aces-high on July 30, 2012, 02:43:22 PM
May be in strife. Hes had a ripper year and will poll similarly to sammy mitchell last year. Danger, Sloane and Walker may steal votes off him but swan had to contend with pendles, thomas and cloke last year and he polled the most votes ever! History shows if u win enough games u will poll awesome. This brain fade may unfortunately cost him though :/
Not sure what you mean by brain fade  ???

He was following the ball, Johnson came from the other direction behind the ruckman and they collided without really seeing each other until the last minute. It's simply one of those collisions that happens in football and because Johnson's body was slightly leaning forward, Thompsons shoulder/upper arm made contact with his head.

These incidents shouldn't face suspensions, but they do  :(

Justin Bieber

What is Scott meant to let Stevie J bump into his head they both go down ???

aces-high

Haha defs chose the wrong words there. Sorry guys, who cares now though cause he got off!! Common sense prevailed :D

Dudge

Normally i would of said 6 weeks ;), but he's in my d/t so good onya Scotty, they got it right for once. PS still think Zeibell was hard done though

Tominator

he's back and ready to tear up again, all he needs though is to stop giving away free kicks because he could get a bad rep from the umpires which may cost him Brownlow votes (30 DT points in the past two weeks!)

RiOtChEsS

i didnt think it was "too bad" more the fact that an opposition star player was put out of the entire game which i thought carried a decent percentage of weight, glad he got off bcos certainly wasnt malicious

Tominator

wouldn't have picked up any votes in the past two weeks. Could easily get 6 in the last two games but may have Raines to contend with next week

Colliwobblers

scott thompson has as much chance as sam blease of winning the brownlow :)

too many crows taken the votes ahead of him in too many games, not to mention players in other teams doing far better i would think.

watson in with a fair shake, kennedy leading the comp in clearances by a mile but not sure he will poll well either.

Beams maybe not this season but next season :)

Jay

Danger will steal too many votes...those 2 will probly have the most combined votes of 2 players of same club

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Jayman on August 16, 2012, 11:35:09 PM
Danger will steal too many votes...those 2 will probly have the most combined votes of 2 players of same club

Sloanne and Van Berlo both have had a couple of MASSIVE games each as well...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 12, 2012, 01:22:00 AM
scott thompson has as much chance as sam blease of winning the brownlow :)

too many crows taken the votes ahead of him in too many games, not to mention players in other teams doing far better i would think.

watson in with a fair shake, kennedy leading the comp in clearances by a mile but not sure he will poll well either.

Beams maybe not this season but next season :)
Paddy will have something to say about that ;) more than likely Cotchen to

Justin Bieber

Not liking the finish to Cotchin's season...  :-\

Wanted to put money on him next year and would of been paying $20+ easy.

Doubt it anymore...  :-\

Hagebear

Thommo's having a fair crack! Sitting second and 5 behind Watson with 7 to go. Unlikely to win but a runner-up would be fitting.

tbagrocks

Well done Thommo had a great year, next few years will be about the rise and rise of the Dangerman