Main Menu

Green Vs Santiago

Started by Windigo, July 25, 2012, 05:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Dunno if many follow boxing, but it's apparently Green's last fight in Perth.

Hope he wins..But Santiago might have a chance.

Spinking

I'd back Green, although he hasn't ever really gotten back to his former heights.  Is he definitely retiring?

Windigo

He hinted at retiring....He is supposedly having a rematch with Mundine next year.

Spinking

Quote from: Windigo on July 25, 2012, 05:47:36 PM
He hinted at retiring....He is supposedly having a rematch with Mundine next year.

Sadly I think the result would probably be the same. 

Windigo

Quote from: Spinking on July 25, 2012, 05:55:12 PM

I'd say so. Mundine has only lost like 4 times in his career I think?  ???

Spinking

Quote from: Windigo on July 25, 2012, 05:57:42 PM
Quote from: Spinking on July 25, 2012, 05:55:12 PM

I'd say so. Mundine has only lost like 4 times in his career I think?  ???

Yeah, goes pretty well.  Reckon he would be a national hero if he wasn't such a dropkick.

LF

Watching the fights
Danny's fight up next hope he wins.
Love watching his fights not sure if it's because he is awesome or if it's because he has no shirt on.

LF

Yeah he won 5th round
Great fight to watch

Cicjose

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/boxing/live-danny-green-v-danny-santiago-challenge-stadium-20120723-22k11.html#ixzz21dfpt7uX

8.56pm: Danny Green lifted up in triumph in the centre of the ring - by his opponent! Very magnanimous Santiago, as well as an dogged fighter. It's a TKO win to the "Green Machine".

8.53pm: And that's it. Green wobbles Santiago in the fifth round, then finishes him off. Santiago tries to get up again but the ref was having none of it. A flurry of left hooks did the job.

Windigo