Started by Tominator, July 24, 2012, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Haha it's a classic story.  :P

Zombie2.5

South australian  :)

Go Crows! :D

T Dog

Here in Victoria I live in a little town called Melbourne.....with a lazy 4+ million or so others, smelly, noisy, smog ridden but the best town in the known galaxy...it has AFL and is the home of the mighty Collingwood Magpies...lol.. :o

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Windigo on July 24, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
Little town of Bullarto of about 150 people. State census says we had over 300, 6 years ago. But I don't think that's correct.  :P

Typical town events include: Bush dancing, tractor pulls, goat field days & growing drugs.  ::)
Sounds like Dandy. Well the growing drugs part.

Tominator

Quote from: T Dog on July 24, 2012, 10:29:54 PM
Here in Victoria I live in a little town called Melbourne.....with a lazy 4+ million or so others, smelly, noisy, smog ridden but the best town in the known galaxy...it has AFL and is the home of the mighty Collingwood Magpies...lol.. :o

Melbourne... the definition of unpredictable weather  ::)

PowerBug

Quote from: Windigo on July 24, 2012, 10:02:24 PM
Just a question on what you wrote:
"The door opened and a girl came walking in holding a drink bottle."

Why is the drink bottle needed in that sentence?

Colliwobblers

looks like only 2 votes for QLD including me but i know we also have Whatlez and Ringo so that's 3 !

I was born in Brisbane, lived there 0-4, moved to gold coast lived there 4-12, back to brisbane which is where the family have stayed.

I live in Brisbane again now but have also lived in VIC 1 years Melbourne, NSW 3 years in Sydney, SA 9 months in Adelaide.

VIC and NSW were with the Navy, Adelaide was with a gurl i used to know  ;)

Favourite State: QLD

Favourite City: Melbourne

Favourite Climate: QLD

Favourite Lifestyle: QLD just over VIC

Where I would live if I won the lotto: Sydney maybe Rose Bay.

LF

Tominator

from the eastern suburbs of Adelaide and lived there for the past 10 years or so (but lived in Adelaide all my life)

no disrespect to anybody from northern, southern or western suburbs of Adelaide but the eastern suburbs are really nice and less crime seems to happen over this side of town. Less bogans out here too  ::)

footy in Adelaide is huge, I'm a Crows man but prefer to watch it all on FoxFooty cos AAMI Stadium is so far away from where I live. Adelaide Oval is going to be great when finished but I'm a strong believer that we should've built another stadium, but oh well our Government are kinda stupid  :-\

Ringo

Born and bred as a true Queenslander.  Moved all over the state with my previous occupation from small towns to large cities.  Have never lived in any other states but have visited all except NT for holidays.  Lived on the Qld/NSW border at Goondiwindi for 5 years.
In my early days played and followed that other game like most Qlders Rugby League as there was very little AFL coverage in country Qld in the 60's.  Discovered AFL in the early 70's got hooked and followed North Melbourne until Brisbane entered the AFL in 1988.  Been supporting Brisbane ever since. Can I say thanks to the AFL for the introduction of Auskick as it is lifting the profile of AFL in Queensland.  Fielding questions from League supporters at work who have been to the Gabba to support their children on the Auskick half time games. They have been surprised by the spped of the game and the tactics which are not visible on TV.
This will assist those trying to guess ages in other threads.
Yes naste knew you were from Qld too so the votes are now 4 for us.

Windigo

Quote from: PowerBug on July 24, 2012, 10:51:19 PM
Quote from: Windigo on July 24, 2012, 10:02:24 PM
Just a question on what you wrote:
"The door opened and a girl came walking in holding a drink bottle."

Why is the drink bottle needed in that sentence?

Because she walked into fill her bottle up with water from the sink that I was standing near.  ;)

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on July 24, 2012, 10:40:54 PM
Quote from: Windigo on July 24, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
Little town of Bullarto of about 150 people. State census says we had over 300, 6 years ago. But I don't think that's correct.  :P

Typical town events include: Bush dancing, tractor pulls, goat field days & growing drugs.  ::)
Sounds like Dandy. Well the growing drugs part.

Yeah, there a couple of guys up the road.... ::)

Kellogscrunchynut

From Malmsbury a small town of about 600 in Victoria.

13Brummy

First territorian, born and bred in Katherine (300km south of Darwin) but have been at boarding school in Adelaide

Dudge

Should organise a state of origin league-say 3 from each state for bragging rights

quinny88

Frankston, VIC

And yes its true.. It is a sh*t hole!
Not quite as bad as people make it out to be though