Main Menu

How Did You "Discover" FanFooty?

Started by Windigo, July 24, 2012, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

After playing fantasy AFL and NRL for a couple of years my boss asked me to join his league. I then needed to step up and joined Fanfooty 2 years ago and only at first to follow the game online as there wasnt much on Sydney free to air TV. Started posting last year and it really helped set my team up for a good year (21 after the first round). Posted alot more this year, pity it didnt help my team selection

LaHug

School friends told me it was the best place to go to work out what your starting DT line up should be. They said, "look through the Rate My Dream Team section and just choose the players that appear most often". It was a pretty good tactic for the awful DTer I was back then. After about a year on the site, I became hooked and started doing my own research. All of a sudden, I'm running weekly topics and am a "well known" member.
I always thought people obsessed with forums for anything were stupid... Well, finding and becoming hooked on FF was one of the best things to happen to me :D

Noz

I think i was searching updates on the footy fanatic game then i came upon this website.

Ringo

Initially like others for the live scoring which has since disappeared.  Started posting and got hooked with the contributions from the knowledgeable FF community.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 25, 2012, 12:43:22 AM
Quote from: Tominator on July 24, 2012, 09:43:47 PM
I had always looked on FF at the live scores during the games, but really only joined the FF Forum when DT Talk stopped doing their live chat earlier this AFL season. Anyway, I had a look through the other chat rooms in that server - not necessarily for DT-related Chat Rooms  :-X - but happened to come across the FF Elite Chat

I think it was Torpy, Master Q and HP who welcomed me on, and they told me to sign up to FF so I did and have never looked back  8)
I shall count you as my 4th convert I've brought to FF!

Most people know I came over from SuperRoach when it collapsed. Brought over with me Barlow, Bomberboy and Luigi :). Some of you may dislike me for that but glad to have them onboard 8).
I shall count you as my 1st.  :D

Master Q

Quote from: Chelskiman on July 24, 2012, 09:52:01 PM
I post on gaming forum in which I'm heavily involved in (I'm actually a very high up moderator there) and there's an Aussie forum on there.  We're a pretty tight bunch who love DT and one of the better DT players there posts on here and gave me and few others the link to the forum.
What's it called?

---

I discovered it through the live scores I think - that's where the addiction started  :P

elephants

'DT Help' in google a couple of years back hahaha!

Jay

When the super-roach forum collapsed a number of the guys on their went to 'fan-footy' and so did I!

Tominator

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 25, 2012, 06:36:05 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 25, 2012, 12:43:22 AM
Quote from: Tominator on July 24, 2012, 09:43:47 PM
I had always looked on FF at the live scores during the games, but really only joined the FF Forum when DT Talk stopped doing their live chat earlier this AFL season. Anyway, I had a look through the other chat rooms in that server - not necessarily for DT-related Chat Rooms  :-X - but happened to come across the FF Elite Chat

I think it was Torpy, Master Q and HP who welcomed me on, and they told me to sign up to FF so I did and have never looked back  8)
I shall count you as my 4th convert I've brought to FF!

Most people know I came over from SuperRoach when it collapsed. Brought over with me Barlow, Bomberboy and Luigi :). Some of you may dislike me for that but glad to have them onboard 8).
I shall count you as my 1st.  :D

laaaads <3

fidou

After a couple of years in DT and not having the time to research in Feb and March I found myself this season in December being able to get the prices etc due to having Assistant Coach last year. This extra time just got me hooked and also got me into FF threads etc.

Purple 77

ossie85 kept nagging me to join it, but i wasn't co-operating so he rung me up one day and basically forced me to sign up, and I thank him for doing that  :). But I was only on it for a few weeks then I went on it like once a month until ossie85 then told me about the World 15s, and he kept nagging me to get a team. Again, I wasn't co-operating and I kept putting it off, until one day I was bored and I thought I would quickly put my name in. I am so thankful that I put my name in that day, coz i was keen but just a little disinterested, then the drafting started and I started and I loved it! I then came on here regularly, and I love it. I went post crazy around feb-march so I could join the elxam league and haven't really done a heap of posting since, but I come on the forum everyday, and i always try to check it when at school

Kellogscrunchynut

McRooster

Grazz

Dudge found it 1st and put me onto it.

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on July 27, 2012, 11:21:23 PM
Dudge found it 1st and put me onto it.

And now look, smashing me everywhere >:(