Main Menu

How Did You "Discover" FanFooty?

Started by Windigo, July 24, 2012, 09:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

For me it was just searching "fantasy forum" a couple of years ago after only taking DT advice from best friend/neighbor.....It was basically the entire collingwood team.   :-X

KoopKicka

I think I accidently clcked on the hyperlink at the bottom of one of the stats pages a month or so back. Best mis-click of my life :P`

BB67th

Got put on to it by a friend for the live fantasy scores and discovered the forums on here as well. Couldn't believe what a good site it was when I found it! :D

Spinking

Was getting consistently belted up in a league by a mate, who admitted over a few beers one night that he was getting his advice from FanFooty.  I signed up about 3 years ago but mainly just read the comments until recently.

PowerBug

I think i did the same as Windi, searched Fantasy forum or Dreamteam site or something like that. THen was on the actual site for a couple of months, then clicked on one of the "new" threads which is on the home page.

The big error for me was signing up straight away, and not doing any reading of the site first, sorta put me on the not highly-respected list at the start.

Tominator

I had always looked on FF at the live scores during the games, but really only joined the FF Forum when DT Talk stopped doing their live chat earlier this AFL season. Anyway, I had a look through the other chat rooms in that server - not necessarily for DT-related Chat Rooms  :-X - but happened to come across the FF Elite Chat

I think it was Torpy, Master Q and HP who welcomed me on, and they told me to sign up to FF so I did and have never looked back  8)

Justin Bieber

My friends showed me this site that shows the live scores.

One day I registered. Didn't use the forum much... things have changed...

Colliwobblers

heard of monty and fanfooty on DT TALK, I was a regular on that site last season and this pre-season a little, haven't been back since i found this one, forum and community are a million miles ahead / better here.

I rate some of thier articles but having DT and SC Pro/Gold versions the best of thier articles are on the SC and DT sites anyway so no real need to visit that site, besides if you ask and you look around here I think the best of all advice data and information can be found right here.

again it's the people on this site " ALL " members that make it so preferable to other sites and there are a few.

So yeah my pressence here can be put down to that site :) I doubt they miss me its not like this community where most of us all know or at least recognise each other, I like it here :) think i'll stay

Chelskiman

I post on gaming forum in which I'm heavily involved in (I'm actually a very high up moderator there) and there's an Aussie forum on there.  We're a pretty tight bunch who love DT and one of the better DT players there posts on here and gave me and few others the link to the forum.

roo boys!

Like many others, came for the live scores, discovered the forum from that.

Windigo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 24, 2012, 09:50:18 PM
heard of monty and fanfooty on DT TALK, I was a regular on that site last season and this pre-season a little, haven't been back since i found this one, forum and community are a million miles ahead / better here.

I rate some of thier articles but having DT and SC Pro/Gold versions the best of thier articles are on the SC and DT sites anyway so no real need to visit that site, besides if you ask and you look around here I think the best of all advice data and information can be found right here.

again it's the people on this site " ALL " members that make it so preferable to other sites and there are a few.

So yeah my pressence here can be put down to that site :) I doubt they miss me its not like this community where most of us all know or at least recognise each other, I like it here :) think i'll stay

Is it rude that I never knew that Dt talk existed until like half way through last year.  :P

T Dog

I was on the "tooserious" site late last year and someone put up a link.... :o then I got into Colliwobblers pre season work..lol

Zombie2.5

Quote from: BB67th on July 24, 2012, 09:38:15 PM
Got put on to it by a friend for the live fantasy scores and discovered the forums on here as well. Couldn't believe what a good site it was when I found it! :D
Yep, same friend told me about the live scores, then after a few weeks of going on every weekend ;) I found the forum.
Read around the forums quite a bit before I finally made an account late last year :)

Quote from: Windigo on July 24, 2012, 09:57:04 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 24, 2012, 09:50:18 PM

Is it rude that I never knew that Dt talk existed until like half way through last year.  :P
I didn't know DT Talk existed until pre-season this year  :o
Think I heard it once or twice on this forum, and was like.. what is that? Then forgot about it, and in pre-season I was bored, and just found the site. I rate the articles but there's always annoying people and there's only comments. This is a forum, and people customise their profiles a bit more, and also start up their own ideas, instead of commenting on articles and trying to do something. That's why I like FF :)

LF

Google search.
Can't exactly remember what it was I was searching for maybe live scores maybe it was for advice.But up popped fanfooty and a couple of other sites and I picked FF because it was the first one on the search.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Tominator on July 24, 2012, 09:43:47 PM
I had always looked on FF at the live scores during the games, but really only joined the FF Forum when DT Talk stopped doing their live chat earlier this AFL season. Anyway, I had a look through the other chat rooms in that server - not necessarily for DT-related Chat Rooms  :-X - but happened to come across the FF Elite Chat

I think it was Torpy, Master Q and HP who welcomed me on, and they told me to sign up to FF so I did and have never looked back  8)
I shall count you as my 4th convert I've brought to FF!

Most people know I came over from SuperRoach when it collapsed. Brought over with me Barlow, Bomberboy and Luigi :). Some of you may dislike me for that but glad to have them onboard 8).