Main Menu

Origin of your username...

Started by Spinking, July 24, 2012, 08:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Interested to know the origins behind some of the more unique usernames.  Some are easy to guess, but others are impossible to guess.  Post up if you've got one of interest.

Spinking was one I originally used for Fantasy cricket, was a big Warnie fan and bowled leggies myself.  Pretty simple really.

Justin Bieber

My last name is whatley. I named myself whatlez in xbox live cause whatley was taken.

KoopKicka

My DT Team name, well sort of, put a space in there and 2 s's at the end of the words and you got it. ;)

But Koop, or Cooper, is my real name :P

pyronerd

Quote from: Spinking on July 24, 2012, 08:31:23 PM
Interested to know the origins behind some of the more unique usernames.  Some are easy to guess, but others are impossible to guess.  Post up if you've got one of interest.

Spinking was one I originally used for Fantasy cricket, was a big Warnie fan and bowled leggies myself.  Pretty simple really.
I only just realised when you said that, that I've been adding an L to your name when I look at it and calling you spinkling :o

T Dog

The name we call our dog..;lol.. :o

Justin Bieber

Quote from: pyronerd on July 24, 2012, 08:37:39 PM

I only just realised when you said that, that I've been adding an L to your name when I look at it and calling you spinkling :o

Yeah THIS!

Spinking

Haha.  A lot of folks doing that.  Autocorrect on my iPad keeps trying to log me in as Sprinkling... :D

PowerBug

A friend used it once when we tried doing Supercoach midway through 2009, and it stuck. I think his name will go around the tennis scene soon enough too. :-X

Purple 77

OMG me too!

For me, i was grade 6 and I was playing my first online game, I know, that was a bit late  :P. Anyway, I was put on the spot for a username, so I thought of my favourite colour and number, Purple 77. So its stuck ever since, I like it, rolls of the tongue  :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 24, 2012, 08:42:01 PM

OMG me too!

For me, i was grade 6 and I was playing my first online game, I know, that was a bit late  :P. Anyway, I was put on the spot for a username, so I thought of my favourite colour and number, Purple 77. So its stuck ever since, I like it, rolls of the tongue  :P

haha I onyl started getting into online games at the end of year 8, I had a sheltered childhood, lets just say that. :P

Spinking

I don't think online games existed when I was at High School  ;D

EZA100

nickname from primary school  :D

Spinking

Quote from: EZA100 on July 24, 2012, 09:00:26 PM
nickname from primary school  :D

Your friends called you EZA100.  Weird  ;D

KoopKicka

LF

Can't find it but there is a thread on here from awhile ago that has some more FF name origins on it.
If I can find it when I get home I'll post the link.