Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Noz

He can join Fev down at Yarrawonga.

T Dog

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 25, 2012, 02:18:19 PM
Quote from: Spite on July 25, 2012, 01:32:06 AM
Quote from: Cruiseon on July 24, 2012, 05:52:33 PM

I think the football club and the general supporter base are in agreement at the moment. Everyone is sick of this distraction not to mention the risk to other players being poached. Put it on hold, sign up Reid and Wellingham and then Cloke can take what is left or walk.

Everyone moves on and the focus goes back to the 2012 window which took a battering on Saturday (no thanks to Trav) but is still well and truely open.

Yep, agree with you mate, except I would sleep easier knowing beams has put pen to paper over wellingham! :)

Beams is basically locked, his manager has said as much, hence my concern for the others.

One basic question I presume the Pies do not get any draft compensation for Cloke if he goes? If so what would we receive?

A big bucket of cash to splash out with in the free agency market place rather than being extorted to ridiculous levels by the Cloke clan... :o

Colliwobblers

not sure how it works but the cats got picks for ablett going so if cloke went you would think we would too but not sure.

id be happy with nothing but the salary cap space and him gone. not worth it bad for culture and makes it hard to start building for the future developing and then being able to KEEP young talent.

just hope eddie pulls his head in, the only reason i can see us keeping the spud is so eddie has his pride and sends a message you dont mess with collingwood and collingwood won....

blind freddy can see it is best for the club cloke goes

Spite

I think the football club and the general supporter base are in agreement at the moment. Everyone is sick of this distraction not to mention the risk to other players being poached. Put it on hold, sign up Reid and Wellingham and then Cloke can take what is left or walk.

Everyone moves on and the focus goes back to the 2012 window which took a battering on Saturday (no thanks to Trav) but is still well and truely open.

Yep, agree with you mate, except I would sleep easier knowing beams has put pen to paper over wellingham! :)

Beams is basically locked, his manager has said as much, hence my concern for the others.

One basic question I presume the Pies do not get any draft compensation for Cloke if he goes? If so what would we receive?

Would only get compo picks if GWS took Cloke. Any other team and we will not get anything.

Boomz

Quote from: Spite on July 26, 2012, 03:06:36 AM

Would only get compo picks if GWS took Cloke. Any other team and we will not get anything.

No you would get a pick. Compensation is a bit different to the GWS/GC ones though.

LF

Noz

Quote from: luvfooty on July 26, 2012, 06:44:05 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/142696/default.aspx

So GWS suddenly want him now
Bad call in my opinion Cameron and Patton are going to be a great duo it will just be a waste of money getting Trav.

LF

Quote from: Noz on July 26, 2012, 08:37:25 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on July 26, 2012, 06:44:05 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/142696/default.aspx

So GWS suddenly want him now
Bad call in my opinion Cameron and Patton are going to be a great duo it will just be a waste of money getting Trav.

Yeah I reckon it is as well Cameron looks like he is going to be an awesome player haven't really seen Patton play yet.

Noz

Quote"We have to consider the value against the cost. We think the rewards should be spread around rather than go for one big player

That was a quote from the 17th of may article the quote is from the words of Giants chief executive David Matthews.

I wonder what changed

Spite

Quote from: Boomz on July 26, 2012, 04:44:37 AM
Quote from: Spite on July 26, 2012, 03:06:36 AM

No you would get a pick. Compensation is a bit different to the GWS/GC ones though.

Yes, sorry you are correct. Would get a pick, but rather GWS take him so we can get 2 :P

Boomz

Don't think you can take much out of what Sheedy said... Was obviously just talking it up for the cameras.

Ziplock

yeah sheeds is just talking shower lol.

Colliwobblers

sheeds makes a lot of sense actually, a key fwd like cloke to replicate what was achieved at the swans with locket in terms of publicity is exactly what GWS need to increse attendance and membership.

also patton and cameron will take 4 years to become elite forwards, they all do. especially patton being a key fwd maybe cameron will come along a little faster but GWS still need an elite tall fwd and they need one yesterday.

Noz

Cameron is developing nicely, I wonder where Patton would be if he had of played Round 1.