Main Menu

Cloke contract talks on hold

Started by LF, July 24, 2012, 05:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Spinking

I reckon he is gone. Probably can't afford it now with others re signed. Not a big loss...

Cruiseon

I think the football club and the general supporter base are in agreement at the moment. Everyone is sick of this distraction not to mention the risk to other players being poached. Put it on hold, sign up Reid and Wellingham and then Cloke can take what is left or walk.

Everyone moves on and the focus goes back to the 2012 window which took a battering on Saturday (no thanks to Trav) but is still well and truely open.

Boomz

He's gone for sure... Reid re-signed apparently & more will follow which won't leave anywhere near what he wants. Other clubs won't pay his asking price either on current form :-X Should have signed while he had the chance. His dad (manager) is a nightmare to deal with though apparently.

Ziplock

who's going to take him though? Who needs a key forward?
Brisbane, Carlton, Fremantle, Goldcoast, Richmond, Saints, WBD?

you wouldnt think carlton or saints would have the salary cap. Richmond would probably want him to help jvoldt, but probably wont be able to, with trying to keep some of their young stars. I could see WBD taking him if they can afford it, and suns might take a shot as well. Brisbane would probably prefer to just stay with Brown while some of their boyd develop - otherwise it's going to be really hard to hold onto some of their midfielders.

I reckon GC or WBD tbh.

Holz

GC would be a greta fit, not sure if I woudl like him to join the roos. We coudl probably afford him and if he gets into last years form Petire and Cloke could be a deadly combo.

Mat0369

Melbourne would have the cash to get him as well. Mark Neeld and Leigh Brown are the Collingwood connection at the club. If he purely wants to play for cash the Demons are his best bet.

Ziplock

demons mightnt want him- they have clarke up front and he's pretty serviceable. They also have players like watts etc. who can go as a second tall.

Justin Bieber

Meh he will spud it up anyways ::)

Spinking

Bet he wishes he hadn't rubbished the Freo deal on TV now.

Noz

Collingwood probably put of contract talks because he might be delisted at the end of the year or traded while his steal worth half a bag of magic beans.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ziplock on July 24, 2012, 06:37:57 PM
demons mightnt want him- they have clarke up front and he's pretty serviceable. They also have players like watts etc. who can go as a second tall.
They need some support for Clarke and Watts has struggled as a forward but been decent as a back.

Colliwobblers

this is the best news of my day, my week, my month, my sesaon, my life...!

LET HIM GO!!!!!

Spite

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 24, 2012, 05:52:33 PM

I think the football club and the general supporter base are in agreement at the moment. Everyone is sick of this distraction not to mention the risk to other players being poached. Put it on hold, sign up Reid and Wellingham and then Cloke can take what is left or walk.

Everyone moves on and the focus goes back to the 2012 window which took a battering on Saturday (no thanks to Trav) but is still well and truely open.

Yep, agree with you mate, except I would sleep easier knowing beams has put pen to paper over wellingham! :)

Cruiseon

Quote from: Spite on July 25, 2012, 01:32:06 AM
Quote from: Cruiseon on July 24, 2012, 05:52:33 PM

Yep, agree with you mate, except I would sleep easier knowing beams has put pen to paper over wellingham! :)

Beams is basically locked, his manager has said as much, hence my concern for the others.

One basic question I presume the Pies do not get any draft compensation for Cloke if he goes? If so what would we receive?