WXV Round 16 - 10 teams still in contention.

Started by ossie85, July 24, 2012, 09:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 16

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

Seoul Magpies   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Cape Town Cobras   Seoul World Cup Stadium
New Delhi Tigers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   London Royals   Tata Stadium, Nepal
Cairo Sands   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Berlin Brewers   Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
Beijing Bears   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Moscow Spetsnaz   Beijing Olympic Park
Tokyo Samurai   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Toronto Wolves   National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo
Dublin Destroyers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Wellington Warriors   Crooke Park
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Buenos Aires Armadillos   Stade de France
New York Eagles   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Sao Paulo Pumas   Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, USA
Mexico City Suns   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Pacific Islanders   Fireball Stadium, Mexico City

1. Sao Paulo, 14-1, 115.64%

Sounded out a warning to the rest of the competition, annihilating bottom placed Dublin with a merciless display, expect the same ferociousness against New York and Pacific and only a miracle can stop the Pumas from taking the Minor Premiership.

R16: New York (A)
R17: Pacific (H)

2. Mexico City, 13-2, 111.52%

Although they are on a 7-match winning streak, the Suns are in trouble. Poor efforts against Dublin and New York has many questioning the premiership aspirations of Mexico City, as they struggle to cover a mass amount of injuries. Are still in danger of giving up a home qualifying final to Cape Town.

R16: Pacific (H)
R17: Buenos Aires (A)

3. Cape Town, 11-4, 107.26%

A midfield that is the envy of the competition continues as the Cobras notched up win number 6 in a row with another impressive display. All but guaranteed top 4, and will be looking to avenge loses to the Pumas and Suns earlier in the year. Seoul isn't a given, but should take out New Delhi.

R16: Seoul (A)
R17: New Delhi (H)

4. Buenos Aires, 10-5, 107.26%

Suddenly have won 5 matches in a row, but just as sudden is the rapid increase of form of PNL. 1 win would likely see them secure the double chance, but in the last 3 weeks PNL would have beaten them twice, before taking on 2nd placed (but injury plagued) Mexico City Suns in the final round.

R16: PNL (A)
R17: Mexico City (H)

5. Toronto, 9-6, 105.78%

A win and percentage behind Buenos Aires, but stranger things have happened. If they lose twice would they could still make the 8, looking solid with Scott Pendlebury getting back to his best. Tokyo away should be fine, but suddenly a home game against PNL is looking a danger match.

R16: Tokyo (A)
R17: PNL (H)

6. Beijing, 9-6, 101.67%

Impressive win against Wellington has put them in the box seat for finals, 1 win would likely see them make the finals - particularly if that win is against Moscow - but still need to win both to be guaranteed.

R16: Moscow (H)
R17: London (A)

7. Wellington, 9-6, 101.13%

Just when I thought Wellington was over the slump, they have a shocker. Fortunately, they have Dublin (18th) and New York (16th) to finish the year off. A slip in either could end the season.

R16: Dublin (A)
R17: New York (H)

8. Moscow, 9-6, 99.05%

Was pushed at times by New Delhi but got through on the back of an outstanding Dayne Beams effort. A loss to Beijing and fate is no longer in Moscow's hands and looks a fantastic match. A home game against Dublin should go down as a win.

R16: Beijing (A)
R17: Dublin (H)

9. Seoul, 8-7, 101.75%

The equation is still simple - win twice and superior percentage should push out either Beijing or Moscow, lose and the equation gets awfully complicated. A final round against Cairo should be fine, but unfortunately the Magpies run into an in-form Cape Town in the Magpies biggest match of the year. Bears v Spetsnaz, Cobras v Magpies are blockbusters this week.

R16: Cape Town (H)
R17: Cairo (H)

10. Pacific, 7-8, 96.35%

Need to THRASH the top 2 teams and hope Seoul and Moscow lose both. Without Judd, this is looking impossible. But even a 7-10 season is something of an achievement from a team many thought of as wooden spoon contenders.

R16: Mexico City (A)
R17: Sao Paulo (A)

11. London, 6-9, 98.51%

Season over for London, and no fairy tale for first-time coach Ringo, who put up a competitive display against Cape Town. London v New Delhi this week is a battle for pride, before the Royals could aim to upset the apple cart by dislodging the Bears in the last round of the season.

R16: New Delhi (A)
R17: Beijing (H)

12. New Delhi, 6-9, 94.89%

2 wins from the last 11 matches is disappointing for the Tigers, who lost there assistant this week also. Have had some success stories (Zorko), but not enough after such a bright start. Can they win 1 more for the season against the Royals or the Cobras?

R16: London (H)
R17: Cape Town (A)

13. Tokyo, 5-10, 95.55%

5-10 and in 13th position doesn't accurately describe the Samurai season, who have been unlucky. They are in the top 9 teams for scoring, but even still, facing off against the in form Wolves will be difficult, before finishing the year with an away game to Berlin.

R16: Toronto (H)
R17: Berlin (A)

14. Cairo, 5-10, 95.36%

Last home game of the year against Berlin this week, before going on the road to try and upset the Magpies away.

R16: Berlin (H)
R17: Seoul (A)

15. PNL, 4-11, 96.60%

3 wins in a row have moved PNL from last to within sight of moving out of the bottom 4. Taking on the 4th placed Armadillos and 5th placed Wolves won't be easy though.

R16: Buenos Aires (H)
R17: Toronto (A)

16. New York, 4-11, 93.56%

May get Nat Fyfe back for the last 2 weeks, and will try to upset the Pumas this week - but need a miracle. More likely against the Warriors the week after, but still would go in as heavy underdogs. Wouldn't want to finish 2nd last though.

R16: Sao Paulo (H)
R17: Wellington (A)

17. Berlin, 4-11, 93.11%

Brewers slip to 2nd last, with a 4th loss in a row. Really missing the absence of Buddy Franklin and ruck Mark Jamar, but could fancy themselves a chance against the struggling Cairo this week.

R16: Cairo (A)
R17: Tokyo (H)

18. Dublin, 2-13, 85.91%

All but mathematically certain for the Spoon, the Destroyers face off against Wellington and Moscow - a victory over either could see them miss the finals, can they cause havoc?

R16: Wellington (H)
R17: Moscow (A)

Holz

In the position where I cant avoid the spoon but can annoy some people by pushing them out of the finals. Will do my best to shake some things up.

Captain daisy against GWS, that might help.

CrowsFan

Ah the Eagles. The team I poached Sloane and Porps from in exchange for Vince and de Boer. Think Porps is going to get a run this weekend just for that reason :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 24, 2012, 05:47:35 PM
Ah the Eagles. The team I poached Sloane and Porps from in exchange for Vince and de Boer. Think Porps is going to get a run this weekend just for that reason :P
Who would do that deal?  :o

CrowsFan

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 24, 2012, 06:30:37 PM
The manager of the Eagles ;)
I mean it was a fair enough deal at the time. Sloane hadn't broken out and Porps was an injury riddled old forward, whereas de Boer was a promising player and Vince was usually a reliable mid. de Boer has upped his average by 23 this year ;)

ossie85

Still seems a fair deal to me! Lately Vince and de Boer have had decent years.

My 3 best players this year - Deledio, Dangerfield, Griffen - are all players I traded in :/

CrowsFan

Yeah de Boer has been having a very good year as I expected. I wouldn't have traded him but he lost his forward status and I had plenty of mids already so didn't need him

PowerBug

Torp, you have been influenced by me talking up Rory Sloane too much. He's not as great as i say he is haha. (He does play for the crows remember, and i'm a port fan ;))

Purple 77

Love my Trent West for Luke Ball trade. Sorry hp!  ;)

Boomz

Def: M Suckling, P Davis, J Carlisle, B Stratton
Mids: L Jetta, K Jack (C), L Shiels, L Shuey (VC)
Fwds: T Cloke, B McGlynn, L Dahlhaus, K Tippett
Ruck: A Cordy
Inter:  S Selwood, J Gunston
Emer1: T Mckenzie
Emer2: A Collins
Emer3: J Sheringham

Tippett likely to miss but will name him for now...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 24, 2012, 07:40:05 PM
Love my Trent West for Luke Ball trade. Sorry hp!  ;)
We needed a good midfielder and it would be a great trade if Ball wasn't injured! And our Ruck woes haunted us most of this season >:(.

Hoping to win last 2 games to push us up the ladder, more than expected this late in the season. Play around with the other team's chances >:D. I can't be bothered tanking as in the spirit of the game, shall go for some redemption for earlier in the season!

pyronerd

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 24, 2012, 06:55:38 PM
The manager of the Eagles ;)
I mean it was a fair enough deal at the time. Sloane hadn't broken out and Porps was an injury riddled old forward, whereas de Boer was a promising player and Vince was usually a reliable mid. de Boer has upped his average by 23 this year ;)
ahhhh the pain :'(

FisherSaints

roo boys!

Slighty regretting trading Lewis for Harper given the season Lewis is having, but knew all along I would suffer a bit in the short term for long term effects. Still confident in Harps.

CrowsFan

Haha RB didn't you trade Lewis cos you didn't realise he was a forward?