Main Menu

Tommy and Lewis wasted at SANFL level

Started by tbagrocks, July 21, 2012, 06:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Adelaide recruited three tall mature age lads last year

Lewis Johnston, playing CHF and kicking bags every week for North Adelaide
Josh Jenkiins, had a few opportunities now and going well
Tommy Lynch, well he just had 35 possessions and16 marks at CHB for Glenelg friday night
Then there's the improving and talented Shaun McKernan to top it off

why can't Lynch get regular games at Senior level? when he finally did go as the main forward last week v GWS he looked really good (again)

I say, let Kurt go to Queensland for a draft pick and try get one of S.As top 18yr olds and...

Play Tommy Lynch with the great Tex and have a great forward line and some great young kids in our team like Crouch, Brown +one or two top SA draft picks?

Spinking

Big call. They've spent a truckload on developing Tippett, but I agree that there are some high quality players not getting a run. It's a nice problem to have I suppose.

afl_freak2

i agree let tippett go and raid brisbane! tippett is not worth the $$$ that adelaide will have to pay him to keep him

Jay

Yeah Tippet can go...as long as we get something decent in return

tommy lynch is a star, should be playing no doubt

Zombie2.5

Yeah I rate him, he just has to be playing....

At least it means we got depth, but  I still think it's unfair Lynch is outta the side, especially when McKernan can get a game..

Tominator

agree with all the above comments

Tom Lynch is an absolute gun so he should definitely be playing. He has been described as a super sub but unfortunately for him he seems to be out of favour.

Not sure why they picked up Lewis Johnston because he hasn't even come close to getting a game

Josh Jenkins has been good

lachie_001

Disagree, tippet is a quality player who can play anywhere on the ground. The reason yous think he is not worth the $$ is because when he is competeing for the ball he has 3 opposition players on him. Unfortunately though we do have players not getting a run which is good because it gives us more depth. Also the difference between afl and sanfl is huge, throw tippet to the sanfl and expect 10 goals + !

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Tominator on August 03, 2012, 04:20:51 PM
agree with all the above comments

Tom Lynch is an absolute gun so he should definitely be playing. He has been described as a super sub but unfortunately for him he seems to be out of favour.

Not sure why they picked up Lewis Johnston because he hasn't even come close to getting a game

Josh Jenkins has been good

How did he get a game....  ???

Give Lynch a shot, just hope he doesn't want to go to another club for more opportunity.... Play him already!! Had chances when Walker/Tippett were out... Should still be able to fit Lynch & Jenkins in the side.

Tominator

I reckon Sando just wants to give all the big guys an opportunity in the lead-up to finals so he can get a rough idea of what the pecking order is and who deserves the spots and who doesn't

My order would be:

Walker
Tippett
Jenkins
Lynch
McKernan
Johnston

Hagebear

I don't have a problem with them playing in the reserves. For the first time in years we've got some big man depth and it's always going to be hard to get a gig with Tippett and Walker working so well together. It's good to know if Tippett (concussion) or Walker (suspension) miss games we've got good quality bloke ready to take their spots and perform. Future is looking bright with our key position players for the first time in.... well ever!!

Tominator

they'll be more than handy when Tippett leaves at the end of the year

Hagebear

Yeh true. Good to know that WHEN he leaves we'll get a couple of very good picks and we've still got some very handy replacements.

Tominator

could either get Day and Gorringe or Pick 2 (Grundy or Toumpas)

Hagebear

Would definately take Day over Gorringe but would definately take pick 2 if we could get it. And if could get someone handy for Chris Knights and free up plenty in the salary cap. Would prefer to keep big Kurtly but seemingly very unlikely now.

Tominator

nah Kurt Tippett out = Pick 2 = Brodie Grundy or Jimmy Toumpas

Chris Knights out = more money to go after Brendan Goddard ;)