EPL Official Fantasy

Started by MTTY, July 20, 2012, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Quote from: Tominator on February 03, 2013, 08:33:15 PM
RVP  goes for the second game in a row without a goal or assist... I'm contemplating a very big gamble

Here is my plan:

Step 1
RVP (14.1) down to Suarez (10.6)

Step 2
Marveaux (4.3) up to Sissoko (6.0)

Sissoko in my eyes is very underpriced and has already had an impact in Newcastle's fight for survival. Could be a very big player for them as the season goes on

Step 3
Play Suarez as captain for this week. Two games so should net in at least one of them

Step 4
Next week, trade Suarez back to RVP, as Liverpool do not have a game that week. Problem is, if I grab Sissoko, I cannot afford RVP unless I downgrade somebody (most likely one of Shawcross or Michu) to upgrade Suarez

In summary, is RVP a must-have or can I get by without him?

TEAM NOW

Mignolet (Federici)

Evra - Shawcross - Zabaleta  (Davies, O'Brien)

Mata - Walcott - Michu - Fellaini (Marveaux)

RVP - Giroud - Lambert

Do not sell rvp!!!! He will gun when you do. Go giroud to sturigde for this week and reverse the following. Michu as captain , his double week is qpr and Liverpool, he scored 18 in last outing against qpr.

Tominator

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on February 03, 2013, 10:15:04 PM
To give you some ammo with regard to prices for these trades Tom...

Sissoko, whilst being transferred in at a great rate of knots will not increase quite so much. It looks like he is under price protection which lasts seven days from memory. So his price is not going to go up in any case.

I can check during the week for you if you like and update you on whether or not the price protection has been lifted.

Secondly, Suarez has gone up .1 this week all ready. The maximum increase for a player in any given gameweek  is .3 so you can only profit a maximum .1 on him this week (He should go up the extra .2 before the end of the week)

RVP is likely to drop by .2 looking at the numbers this week.

.1 profit from Suarez + .2 loss (Best case scenario) from RVP = .3 benefit to your team for the return trade to get RVP back, but you would need determine for yourself how valuable 4 points is to you in terms of game dollars.

It looks like Marveaux will go down .1 this week. You wouldn't be making any profit on him in any case, but you need to look further ahead. With the trend of transfers out on him, in a couple of weeks or so he may well be below the price you originally paid (I'm assuming 4.2)

wow you know your stuff VSA, well done !

I got Marveaux at 4.3 on the back of his decent form a few weeks ago

But Sissoko has already played one game (at Villa) so his price protection may be lifted by Wednesday or Thursday, hence not in time for next gameweek

So with all of that summed up, is RVP ---> Suarez worth it for this week only ?

Alternatively, I can do four trades in two weeks....

RVP -> Suarez
Marveaux -> Sissoko

NEXT WEEK

Suarez --> RVP
Giroud --> Benteke

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

So with all of that summed up, is RVP ---> Suarez worth it for this week only ?

Alternatively, I can do four trades in two weeks....

RVP -> Suarez
Marveaux -> Sissoko

NEXT WEEK

Suarez --> RVP
Giroud --> Benteke

RVP-Suarez is only worth it for one week if you are putting the 'C' on Suarez and are confident he will give you a solid captaincy score. It doesn't really matter who RVP is playing; he can go big. I have made Suarez captain for next week at this point, but it was still a close run thing between him and RVP despite an extra game.

I would have to agree with the option CF put out, Sturridge seems to be the only viable option for you with a single trade.

Watch tonights games first as Liverpool play for one, and a couple of overnight games can influence transfer markets significantly. All it takes is a brace from Gerrard tonight, and he's going to be the one everybody wants.. - Then theres Wisdom... could be a nice swap with O'Brien later in the week depending on how much you payed for O'Brien. Gets you a good shot at at least one clean sheet at a good price. O'Brien will go up another .1 this week so depending on what price you got him, it maybe better to hold off until he goes up that little bit extra before swapping

I'm personally hoping Tevez and Suarez both have a shootout tonight, just so everyone keeps their interest in Tevez and I don't start to loose cash on him.  :D

Tominator

Well Suarez got 2 last night  and RVP got 3 bonus points despite no goals or assists!!

Faith redeemed haha

Then what about Giroud to Sturridge ?

timmyparso

Quote from: Tominator on February 04, 2013, 09:30:05 AM
Well Suarez got 2 last night  and RVP got 3 bonus points despite no goals or assists!!

Faith redeemed haha

Yes and captain Michu, one of his double games is against QPR

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Faith redeemed haha

Yup, seems to be your best option now.

I now have the Tevez issue to deal with.

****Just noticed Sturridge is showing 75% chance of playing. You may want to find out what is going on there before committing****

T Dog

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on February 04, 2013, 11:51:57 AM

Faith redeemed haha

****Just noticed Sturridge is showing 75% chance of playing. You may want to find out what is going on there before committing****

Hey VSA..what is the Tevez issue..I noticed he didnt play...do I need to move him on?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: T Dog on February 04, 2013, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on February 04, 2013, 11:51:57 AM

Faith redeemed haha

Hey VSA..what is the Tevez issue..I noticed he didnt play...do I need to move him on?

I'm not entirely sure at this point. Both Tevez and Nasri started on the bench, with Dzeko and Nastasic getting the nod. Nasti came on for 3 minutes, but it was a no-show from Tevez. I brought him at his current price and hes getting traded out heavily due to this and some indifferent form of late. Hopefully it's tactical or a rest, but He does seem to get a lot of rests, then again so do all the other City strikers.

My issue is that I'm about to loose money on him. If I keep him he has to be a long term keeper, and if I trade him I'm not sure who to get. I only have .1 in the bank, with RVP, Tevez, Suarez as my forwards.

I thought about Sturridge but as you see we need to establish how bad his injury is. It looks like he will miss the England game mid-week at least. I think I will go into the double game week with only Suarez and Davies, bearing in mind any extra Swansea/Liverpool players this week will need to be either benched or removed from teams next week.

Do I hold my nerve with Tevez?

timmyparso

Faith redeemed haha

Have you thought about Mata to Gerard instead? Chelsea are playing Wigan and with Hazard returning from suspension Mata "may" be rested.

Tominator

Quote from: timmyparso on February 04, 2013, 03:35:17 PM

Faith redeemed haha

Have you thought about Mata to Gerard instead? Chelsea are playing Wigan and with Hazard returning from suspension Mata "may" be rested.

I've gone Giroud to Sturridge

Gerrard is in scintillating form but Mata (10.1) is only 9.6 for me and Walcott (9.6) is only 9.0, because I got them really cheap   so can't cash them in for Gerrard without paying a hefty fee to get them back in    :-\

T Dog

Tominator

Quote from: T Dog on February 05, 2013, 12:47:24 PM
hey Big Tom....saw this about Sturridge

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9847309/England-v-Brazil-Liverpool-striker-Daniel-Sturridge-ruled-out-of-friendly-at-Wembley-Stadium-with-thigh-injury.html

yeah I wouldn't have got him if he didn't have two games this week though

He has the last two games of the week so he should have good amount of time to pull up, even if he starts as a sub in one of them and plays 60+ in another

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on February 04, 2013, 09:38:57 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on February 04, 2013, 03:35:17 PM

Faith redeemed haha

I've gone Giroud to Sturridge

Gerrard is in scintillating form but Mata (10.1) is only 9.6 for me and Walcott (9.6) is only 9.0, because I got them really cheap   so can't cash them in for Gerrard without paying a hefty fee to get them back in    :-\

I have a similar problem Tom. Too many guys that I won't be able to get back and can really only go if they have an injury. Mata, Walcott, Fellaini, RVP; and Suarez is heading that way. I'm limited to Tevez and Bale as attackers for luxury trades, an then fringe players to try and make $$$. It may be something to look at for next year for me, and it certainly a challenging aspect of the game.

Tominator

Moussa Sissoko grabs yet another assist, surely he will rise in price now?

6.0 still, has scores of 6, 15 and at least 5 tonight.... I have to get him

How does this sound?

ShawX down to a 4.5 defender
Marveaux to Sissoko

OR

Sturridge/Lambert to a cheap FWD
Marveaux to Sissoko

OR

Michu to Sissoko

What one is best?

PowerBug

First option Tom.