EPL Official Fantasy

Started by MTTY, July 20, 2012, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on January 31, 2013, 09:12:48 PM
Adam Le Fondre has scored five times in the psat three weeks, but he has been subbed on all three times and has played a total of 65 minutes or something...

My three trade plan (having just used my wildcard) is...

Ba to Le Fondre
O'Brien to Baines
Lambert to Giroud

Would then play a 4-4-2 formation

Yes or no ?

As I mentioned after you had your Wildcard Tom, you have a really well balanced side. The sort of side you can set for home with a wet sail.

My suggestion would be to get Baines in for ShawX. The question is then where do you get the $$$. Could you stomach Begovic to Cesar to free up the cash?? Would you have enough $$$$ in any case?, Baines scoring potential is well above any Goal Keeps.... Beyond that the only weak point I see in you forwards is Demba.. There... I said it :) I know that won't be a popular comment but bugger it!

If you really like Le Fondre could you downgrade Demba to him and ShawX to Baines. RVP is clearly a must have, and Lambert (I'm sure CF will attest and repeat his mantra), is the 5th or 6th highest scoring forward so really no need to drop him. Personally I think you should sit on yor hands and do nothing. Reading and with them Le Fondre will wane in and out of form being a low table team (Lambert is the exception because Southampton scores well)

Just some options to think about. I just don't see a triple trade to get Le Fondre in paying off, but there may be others that will improve the team without hurting the balance you have.

PowerBug

Thoughts on Defoe > Berbatov and then Hazard > Mata? I have 2 FT and have been slipping badly lately, only 37 points last week.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

timmyparso

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 31, 2013, 10:41:08 PM
Thoughts on Defoe > Berbatov and then Hazard > Mata? I have 2 FT and have been slipping badly lately, only 37 points last week.

liverpool and swansea have a double game week coming so gerrard and sturidge may be options to consider (assuming you already have michu).  Problem is neither are playing the following week. Definitely trade out hazard as his price will drop a little before he plays, Mata good option (if you don't want Gerrard) but he is listed as doubtful but doesn't look too serious.

Tominator

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on January 31, 2013, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: Tominator on January 31, 2013, 09:12:48 PM
Adam Le Fondre has scored five times in the psat three weeks, but he has been subbed on all three times and has played a total of 65 minutes or something...

My three trade plan (having just used my wildcard) is...

Ba to Le Fondre
O'Brien to Baines
Lambert to Giroud

Would then play a 4-4-2 formation

Yes or no ?

As I mentioned after you had your Wildcard Tom, you have a really well balanced side. The sort of side you can set for home with a wet sail.

My suggestion would be to get Baines in for ShawX. The question is then where do you get the $$$. Could you stomach Begovic to Cesar to free up the cash?? Would you have enough $$$$ in any case?, Baines scoring potential is well above any Goal Keeps.... Beyond that the only weak point I see in you forwards is Demba.. There... I said it :) I know that won't be a popular comment but bugger it!

If you really like Le Fondre could you downgrade Demba to him and ShawX to Baines. RVP is clearly a must have, and Lambert (I'm sure CF will attest and repeat his mantra), is the 5th or 6th highest scoring forward so really no need to drop him. Personally I think you should sit on yor hands and do nothing. Reading and with them Le Fondre will wane in and out of form being a low table team (Lambert is the exception because Southampton scores well)

Just some options to think about. I just don't see a triple trade to get Le Fondre in paying off, but there may be others that will improve the team without hurting the balance you have.

thanks mate.. but its not a triple trade to get Le Fondre its a triple trade to try and benefit my squad.. can't afford it anyway haha

I'm gonna open this up for debate

ATTENTION!!!

Now that got your attention, help me out here  ;)

I am trading Demba Ba, but who for?

Olivier Giroud - Arsenal - 7.9 - scores of 2, 13, 11 - next three of STK, SUN, AVL
Adam Le Fondre - Reading - 4.7 - scores of 5, 12, 11 - next three of SUN, STK, WIG
Steven Fletcher - Sunderland - 7.2 - scores of 5, 13, 2 - next three of RDG, ARS, WBA
Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham - 7.0 - scores of 2, 2, 7 - next three of MANU, NOR, STK

Who takes your fancy?

CrowsFan

I'll break it down for you...

Giroud - great scorer in France, struggled early in England, but seems to have found some form at the moment. Even so I would say he would be first to be dropped out of him Walcott and Podolski if Arsenal begin to stutter so be wary.

Le Fondre - If he keeps scoring from the bench you would think he would start some matches, but so far no. I wouldn't bring in a player if they keep starting as a sub.

Fletcher - main man at Sunderland, pretty much the only one who scores goals.

Berbatov - as much as I love him he is way too inconsistent and Fulham don't score all that many goals.

In saying all that I would go Fletcher. Or perhaps look at Remy from QPR if you want a bit of money :)

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 01, 2013, 01:12:31 AM
I'll break it down for you...

Giroud - great scorer in France, struggled early in England, but seems to have found some form at the moment. Even so I would say he would be first to be dropped out of him Walcott and Podolski if Arsenal begin to stutter so be wary.

Le Fondre - If he keeps scoring from the bench you would think he would start some matches, but so far no. I wouldn't bring in a player if they keep starting as a sub.

Fletcher - main man at Sunderland, pretty much the only one who scores goals.

Berbatov - as much as I love him he is way too inconsistent and Fulham don't score all that many goals.

In saying all that I would go Fletcher. Or perhaps look at Remy from QPR if you want a bit of money :)

thanks heaps CF !

Anybody else who wants to input please do !

CrowsFan

No worries mate. Probably haven't given as much advice as I should be, but try and help out here and there :)

By the way what are you currently ranked?

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 01, 2013, 01:20:46 AM
No worries mate. Probably haven't given as much advice as I should be, but try and help out here and there :)

By the way what are you currently ranked?

Overall I'm just ranked about 180,000 or something, you ?

And guys is a front three of           RVP - Fletcher - Lambert               strong enough?

CrowsFan

Should be as long as you are spending that money saved from having Fletcher and Lambert on some strong mids :) For example my forward line is RVP - Suarez - Lambert, but still have Mata, Walcott, Fellaini, and Michu in the mids, so yours need to be stronger than that to make it worth it :)

Currently ranked around the 7k mark, was as high as 2k earlier in the year.

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 01, 2013, 02:05:33 AM
Should be as long as you are spending that money saved from having Fletcher and Lambert on some strong mids :) For example my forward line is RVP - Suarez - Lambert, but still have Mata, Walcott, Fellaini, and Michu in the mids, so yours need to be stronger than that to make it worth it :)

Currently ranked around the 7k mark, was as high as 2k earlier in the year.

my mids are those exact four

my defence also is Evra, Zaba and ShawX with two cheapies, but youve done very well there !

CrowsFan

Haha nice mids then. My 5th is Sterling :)

I prefer to cheap out on the keepers and defenders and stock the mids and fwds, so all my defenders are cheapies, except for ShawX, but I got him when he was 5 so technically a cheapy for me :)

Tominator

RVP  goes for the second game in a row without a goal or assist... I'm contemplating a very big gamble

Here is my plan:

Step 1
RVP (14.1) down to Suarez (10.6)

Step 2
Marveaux (4.3) up to Sissoko (6.0)

Sissoko in my eyes is very underpriced and has already had an impact in Newcastle's fight for survival. Could be a very big player for them as the season goes on

Step 3
Play Suarez as captain for this week. Two games so should net in at least one of them

Step 4
Next week, trade Suarez back to RVP, as Liverpool do not have a game that week. Problem is, if I grab Sissoko, I cannot afford RVP unless I downgrade somebody (most likely one of Shawcross or Michu) to upgrade Suarez

In summary, is RVP a must-have or can I get by without him?

TEAM NOW

Mignolet (Federici)

Evra - Shawcross - Zabaleta  (Davies, O'Brien)

Mata - Walcott - Michu - Fellaini (Marveaux)

RVP - Giroud - Lambert

CrowsFan

Would you actually be selling RVP at 14.1 thought tom? When did you pick him up? If you are selling him at his max price then you could risk it and hope he drops down a bit before picking him back up, but honestly I wouldn't do it. If you look at his fixtures coming up after Everton this round (at home) he plays QPR, Norwich, West Ham and Reading, so I'm willing to bet he will go big in at least 2 of those games!

If you're wanting a Liverpool player for the week maybe look at getting Sturridge instead?

Also I wouldn't pick up Sissoko just yet. Typically during his time in France he was played as a box to box midfielder, similar to how Yaya played for City last year. He is a great player at breaking up the play, but never been a prolific goal scorer from the mids, nor does he get that many assists. But it depends on how Newcastle want to play him, they may decide to play him in a more advanced role, which should equal more points, but if they play him as the hard running mid who gets all over the park then I would stay away.

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 03, 2013, 08:42:47 PM
Would you actually be selling RVP at 14.1 thought tom? When did you pick him up? If you are selling him at his max price then you could risk it and hope he drops down a bit before picking him back up, but honestly I wouldn't do it. If you look at his fixtures coming up after Everton this round (at home) he plays QPR, Norwich, West Ham and Reading, so I'm willing to bet he will go big in at least 2 of those games!

If you're wanting a Liverpool player for the week maybe look at getting Sturridge instead?

Also I wouldn't pick up Sissoko just yet. Typically during his time in France he was played as a box to box midfielder, similar to how Yaya played for City last year. He is a great player at breaking up the play, but never been a prolific goal scorer from the mids, nor does he get that many assists. But it depends on how Newcastle want to play him, they may decide to play him in a more advanced role, which should equal more points, but if they play him as the hard running mid who gets all over the park then I would stay away.

I got him two weeks ago with my wildcard, so yes he is 14.1 for me...

but Sissoko has 2 goals and one assist in two games? Maybe Alain Pardeux is playing him in a different role perhaps ? I can only afford Sissoko if I trade RVP to Suarez, but (e.g.) Giroud to Sturridge won't give me enough to go Marveaux to Sissoko

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

To give you some ammo with regard to prices for these trades Tom...

Sissoko, whilst being transferred in at a great rate of knots will not increase quite so much. It looks like he is under price protection which lasts seven days from memory. So his price is not going to go up in any case.

I can check during the week for you if you like and update you on whether or not the price protection has been lifted.

Secondly, Suarez has gone up .1 this week all ready. The maximum increase for a player in any given gameweek  is .3 so you can only profit a maximum .1 on him this week (He should go up the extra .2 before the end of the week)

RVP is likely to drop by .2 looking at the numbers this week.

.1 profit from Suarez + .2 loss (Best case scenario) from RVP = .3 benefit to your team for the return trade to get RVP back, but you would need determine for yourself how valuable 4 points is to you in terms of game dollars.

It looks like Marveaux will go down .1 this week. You wouldn't be making any profit on him in any case, but you need to look further ahead. With the trend of transfers out on him, in a couple of weeks or so he may well be below the price you originally paid (I'm assuming 4.2)