Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Evening,

Current team is:

Begovic
Zabaleta, Davies, Demel
Bale, Mata, Walcott, Fellaini
RVP, Suarez, Podolski

Turnbull, Kacanaklic, Clyne, Harte

My trade plan for the next few weeks is as follows....

Podolski-Tevez
Begovic-Szczesny
Turnbull- any crap gkp 4.0 or less

Plan from there is to then use all my money to chase more profit on cheap players using Kacanaklic, Clyne, Harte, Demel, Davies until I can upgrade to Ivanovic/Baines.

Question: do I trade in Tevez this week and take the 4 point hit, or push all of this trade plan back a week?

Tominator

Wonderful choice by yours truly to make Walcott captain, 34 of my 77 from him   ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: Tominator on January 24, 2013, 07:58:53 PM
Wonderful choice by yours truly to make Walcott captain, 34 of my 77 from him   ;)
Tom most ppl had that idea
i did and i seen a few others aswell

Tominator

Quote from: DazBurg on January 24, 2013, 09:43:12 PM
Quote from: Tominator on January 24, 2013, 07:58:53 PM
Tom most ppl had that idea
i did and i seen a few others aswell

I know but I was bragging about my rare slice of good fortune ;)

Tominator

WILDCARD TRADES

Adam Federici in for John Ruddy
The Aussie keeper has put his early season woes behind him to keep several clean sheets and play a vital part in Reading's resurgence. Ruddy is still injured so this trade will provode good back up to Begovic

Ben Davies in for Winston Reid
The Swansea left back has been in stellar form as replacement for the injured Neil Taylor, culminating with a goal last weekend. NZ international Reid has been out of form lately, as has his side, and a downgrade is required to free up cash

Patrice Evra in for Leighton Baines
Big downgrade here too but its all necessary. Baines has been doing well lately but Evra has been in even better form. A few United clean sheets should come, so I hope this run doesn't dry up now!

Pablo Zabaleta in for Branislav Ivanovic
Zabaleta has been in the form Ivanovic was at the start of the season. Man City defender has played more attacking lately, while the big Serb Ivanovic has suffered under Chelsea caretaker boss Rafa Benitez... Similar scoring return for less price

Sylvain Marveaux in for Leon Britton
Britton's role has arguably decreased at Swansea as he has been limited to sub duties in recent weeks. Although this is merely midfield back up, Marveaux (he plays for Newcastle so he is obviously French ::) ) will occasionally score a goal or assist whereas Britton has not done that in the Premier League

Robin van Persie in for Luis Suarez
The Flying Dutchman in for the Diving Uruguayan. RVP is like Swan and Ablett combined. Super consistent, you cannot afford to not have him, and while Suarez has been super, he is no RVP, who you can count on to score and/or get an assist week in week out. Captain lock. Team complete.

TEAM POST-WILDCARD  -  0.1 in the bank

GKP - Asmir Begovic (Stoke City)

DEF - Patrice Evra (Manchester United)
DEF - Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City)
DEF - Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City)

MID - Juan Mata (Chelsea)
MID - Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
MID - Marouane Fellaini (Everton)
MID - Miguel Michu (Swansea City)

ATT - Robin van Persie (Manchester United)
ATT - Demba Ba (Chelsea)
ATT - Rickie Lambert (Southampton)

BENCH

GKP - Adam Federici (Reading)
DEF - Ben Davies (Swansea City)
DEF - Joey O'Brien (West Ham United)
MID - Sylvain Marveaux (Newcastle United)

How does that sound ?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

My only suggestion would have been Tevez over Ba, but thats just a personal choice. Don't let my comments deter you though as looking at the draw I don't think there will be much difference in output between the two.

Otherwise, can't fault it.

Nicely balanced team!

A quick note on RVP I noticed today.... There were only FOUR teams he did not score or get an assist against in the first half of the year. Everton, Wigan, Norwich, and QPR if you can believe that!

Since the half way point Man U have played the return fixture with Wigan and the result was RVP walking away with 2 goals, an assist and 16 points.

The other three teams who managed to shut him out are all coming up (Gameweeks 26, 27, 28), and if your into law of averages......... happy times!  ;D

Tominator

Thanks VSA but I can't afford Tevez cos I got Ba at like 8.2 so he is only worth 8.5 or something for me

timmyparso

Ba and Torres will be rotated a bit so ba may not get 90 mins every week,  Fletcher could be an option and free some cash elsewhere

CrowsFan

Seriously don't get why they would rotate them, I mean I know they will since Rafa loves changing his side every single game, but Ba is by far the better striker at the moment and should be starting every game he is fit. Torres has completely lost it at the moment...

Luigi197

Hazard to Gerrard trade early this week.

PowerBug

Remembered to put Davies on the field this time. ;) 7 off 2 players so far, Cameron from Stoke got me the other point. :) (Had a QPR defender on the bench, but noone would've predicted them to keep a clean sheet)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Tominator

17 from 5 so far, with Davies' 7 as my first sub

Begovic (2)
Shawcross (7)
Zabaleta (5) - could've had 11 + a BP or two if his header didnt hit the crossbar
Michu (3)

Still got to come this morning,....

Evra v Southampton
RVP v Southampton
Lambert v Man Utd
Fellaini v West Brom
Walcott v Liverpool
Mata v Reading
Ba v Reading

Should be a good week for me, fingser crossed !

T Dog

An oldie.....

At a recent Liverpool-Everton derby, Rafa Benitez goes into the Liverpool changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum. "What’s up?” he asks.
“Well, we’re having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it’s important but it’s only Everton and we can’t be bothered, we always beat them”.
Rafa looks at them and says, “Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub.”
So Rafa goes out to play for the Reds by himself and the rest of the Liverpool team go off for a few beers. After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the television on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads “Liverpool 1 - Everton 0 (Benitez 10 minutes).” He is beating Everton all by himself!
Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers “It must be full time now, let’s see how he got on.” They put the teletext on. “Result from Anfield: Liverpool 1 (Benitez 10 minutes) - Everton 1 (Cahill 89 minutes).”
They can’t believe it; he has single-handedly gotten a draw!! They rush back to Anfield to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them. He says, “I’ve let you down, I’ve let you down.”
“Don’t be daft, you got a draw, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end!” the players say.
To which Rafa replies: “No, No, I have, I’ve let you down… I got sent off after 12 minutes”
8)

Luigi197

Tominator

Adam Le Fondre has scored five times in the psat three weeks, but he has been subbed on all three times and has played a total of 65 minutes or something...

My three trade plan (having just used my wildcard) is...

Ba to Le Fondre
O'Brien to Baines
Lambert to Giroud

Would then play a 4-4-2 formation

Yes or no ?