EPL Official Fantasy

Started by MTTY, July 20, 2012, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

I had Mata captain. 2 bonus points too takes his score to 28 so far :D

In my cup game I am currently sitting on 63 with Mata (C), Ashley Cole and Lambert to play again. Up against a guy on 57 with Mata, Ramirez and Ba (C) to play. So basically works out as Mata, Cole, Lambert and 6 points vs Ba, Ba and Ramirez. Going to be close...

Tominator

Loic Remy scores on debut, priced at 6.0, is he worth the punt ?

I might downgrade Lambert to Remy and go Suarez to RVP with my wildcard, is Lambert to Remy a good trade or a waste?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on January 20, 2013, 10:24:32 PM
Loic Remy scores on debut, priced at 6.0, is he worth the punt ?

I might downgrade Lambert to Remy and go Suarez to RVP with my wildcard, is Lambert to Remy a good trade or a waste?

If you do go for Remy, I'd wait a week until after the Man C game, but then you should get some joy. I'm not in my situation as I have settled my team with my last Wildcard, full premium forwards and mids, and will try to make money with my bench mids and defs who are all priced 4-4.5. Not sure if that will leave me enough money making opportunities but it's a little strategy in trialling this year.

CrowsFan

Lambert is what, the 5th or 6th highest scoring forward? Why bother taking a risk when you know Lambert will get you the points?

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 21, 2013, 01:08:13 AM
Lambert is what, the 5th or 6th highest scoring forward? Why bother taking a risk when you know Lambert will get you the points?

yeah just thinking if I had to do it to get RVP thats all

WALCOTT SCORESS!!!!

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Tominator on January 21, 2013, 04:03:31 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on January 21, 2013, 01:08:13 AM

yeah just thinking if I had to do it to get RVP thats all

WALCOTT SCORESS!!!!

Oh! That changes everything. If you need to get RVP I would pull the trigger on that trade. Southampton for the big man this week, double points as captain.... thats just way to tasty!! RVP should go up .1 late in the week, so best to do it now because if he does go all mental against Southampton the last teams that don't have him will be trading like fury and he will become out of reach.

PowerBug

>:( The downer of having showerty defenders, you pick the wrong ones. I get Martin R's 0 points coz Norwich got thumped while Davies from Swansea got 10 points and he's sitting on the bench :( (and is amazingly in the DreamTeam now)

Got 51 points, Walcott + Szczesny to play again/
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

timmyparso

Using my January Wildcard this week and not sure on a few of midfielder combos:

1. Gerrard + Joe Cole with 0.3M change, or
2. Mata + Puncheon with 0.3M change, or
3. Bale + Puncheon with 0.5M change.

Cole or Puncheon will be my No 5 Mid behind, Walcott, Michu, Fellini, and above combo. Fwds are RVP, Dzeko and Remy. DEFs are Ivanovic, Evra, Zabaleta, O'Brien and Davies. GK Mignolet and Federici. Listed incase it helps sway an opinion to either of the combos above.

Not sure if I trust Chelseas rotations enough for Mata (the reason I don't have Ba), 10.0M is a lot if he starts on the bench, but he does score when playing. Also not sure is Cole will be a cash earner now he has changed clubs.

What are your thoughts?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: timmyparso on January 21, 2013, 06:25:47 PM
Using my January Wildcard this week and not sure on a few of midfielder combos:

1. Gerrard + Joe Cole with 0.3M change, or
2. Mata + Puncheon with 0.3M change, or
3. Bale + Puncheon with 0.5M change.

Cole or Puncheon will be my No 5 Mid behind, Walcott, Michu, Fellini, and above combo. Fwds are RVP, Dzeko and Remy. DEFs are Ivanovic, Evra, Zabaleta, O'Brien and Davies. GK Mignolet and Federici. Listed incase it helps sway an opinion to either of the combos above.

Not sure if I trust Chelseas rotations enough for Mata (the reason I don't have Ba), 10.0M is a lot if he starts on the bench, but he does score when playing. Also not sure is Cole will be a cash earner now he has changed clubs.

What are your thoughts?

I have Mata and Bale, and have more love for Mata at the moment. Simply he has been more consistent. I would lean towards the Gerard or Mata combo.

Tominator

I think I'm gonna keep Walcott as my second gun FPL midfielder, he is a striker and will score every now and then and is consistent too. Signed a new contract so he should be more relaxed about his future, could be a great pick up

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 21, 2013, 05:53:41 PM
>:( The downer of having showerty defenders, you pick the wrong ones. I get Martin R's 0 points coz Norwich got thumped while Davies from Swansea got 10 points and he's sitting on the bench :( (and is amazingly in the DreamTeam now)

Nothing worse than completely unexpected clean sheets on your bench. I told a mate about 6 weeks ago to get on Davies, but didn't listen to my own advice. Two price rises since my suggestion and I got him in this week. He should go up .2 this week and at least make a profit for the trade.

CrowsFan

Well I would say it's your own fault for picking a player who was playing away to Liverpool over a guy playing at home to Stoke. Seems pretty obvious who you should have picked to me ;)

Also Davies is in the team of the week dream team, not the overall dream team, so not surprising/amazing at all...

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 22, 2013, 11:17:09 AM
Well I would say it's your own fault for picking a player who was playing away to Liverpool over a guy playing at home to Stoke. Seems pretty obvious who you should have picked to me ;)

Also Davies is in the team of the week dream team, not the overall dream team, so not surprising/amazing at all...
oh, I saw the star on the Current points page. :-[ My bad :P

Yeah i sorta didn't check my team much heading into this week, so i did bring it onto myself. Still, 51 isn't bad and got a couple more to play, hopefully Arsenal keep a clean sheet, and Walcott does something, although i heard he may not start.

Tominator

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on January 22, 2013, 02:53:53 AM

Nothing worse than completely unexpected clean sheets on your bench. I told a mate about 6 weeks ago to get on Davies, but didn't listen to my own advice. Two price rises since my suggestion and I got him in this week. He should go up .2 this week and at least make a profit for the trade.

I did edactly the same thing... Went points-chasing and got Joey O'Brien instead

PowerBug

Quote from: Tominator on January 23, 2013, 10:18:06 PM
Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on January 22, 2013, 02:53:53 AM

I did edactly the same thing... Went points-chasing and got Joey O'Brien instead
Is that the West Ham player? I think i had him during that big 11 day break. Traded him in on the 2nd, out on the 11th :P