DT sub idea for next year

Started by jbirds, July 17, 2012, 08:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHanger

Quote from: Fireballz on July 18, 2012, 09:34:55 PM
Quote from: jbirds on July 17, 2012, 04:43:41 PM
Quote from: juddy5x3 on July 17, 2012, 12:18:00 PM
Quote from: Fireballz on July 17, 2012, 11:40:20 AM
Disagree. Have to leave some of the skill in there of picking the right emergencies and not have players that will score terribly.

what if you are in a final and carrazzo gets subbed out for 1 point with a shoulder injury, wouldnt you want a sub player to swing on?
Yeah and I also want the ability to trade in any player who scores over 150+ mid-round but it won't make the game any more enjoyable. Everyone's got the same rules and sometimes you get good luck and sometimes you get bad luck. If I was against someone who had Carrazzo and he got subbed for 1 then I'd be pissed if I lost coz he could bring in some bloke who musters up a 110.

you don't trade in a different player numskull, you replace that score, say Carrazzo's one, with an emergency's score, say a S Shaw 70, still part of your team and you sub in one of your 22

i love the idea, only problem is alot of people who aren't as die hard would forget or not want to have to check their DT during the weekend

Fireballz

Quote from: TheHanger on July 19, 2012, 05:50:22 PM
Disagree. Have to leave some of the skill in there of picking the right emergencies and not have players that will score terribly.

what if you are in a final and carrazzo gets subbed out for 1 point with a shoulder injury, wouldnt you want a sub player to swing on?
Yeah and I also want the ability to trade in any player who scores over 150+ mid-round but it won't make the game any more enjoyable. Everyone's got the same rules and sometimes you get good luck and sometimes you get bad luck. If I was against someone who had Carrazzo and he got subbed for 1 then I'd be pissed if I lost coz he could bring in some bloke who musters up a 110.

you don't trade in a different player numskull, you replace that score, say Carrazzo's one, with an emergency's score, say a S Shaw 70, still part of your team and you sub in one of your 22

i love the idea, only problem is alot of people who aren't as die hard would forget or not want to have to check their DT during the weekend
You completely misunderstood what I said but cheers for the personal insult, always nice to see on an internet forum  :-X

owenbond007

I like the idea of having a sub. Its def a part of the game now and looks likely to stay so why not incorporate a sub into dt.

Here is what i would propose:

- the sub can only be one of your emergencies
- the sub can only cover a player thats in the same position as the player being subbed. (you can use dp swaps ie your subs a forw/mid named as emegency in forw, he can replace a mid as long as he is dp too)
-the player your subbing on must be in play at the time you decide to use your sub.
- the player being sub out can completed his match.

This would bring a element of skill and strategy to dt. At the moment there is just a massive element of luck when you have to field one of your 2 rookies on the field, and there is no way of telling wether one will be a sub or not. For instance when Ellis was first green vested he was actually named on the field on the thurs/fri teams and you get a dirty 16 cause you thought he was starting on ground.

TheHanger

Quote from: Fireballz on July 20, 2012, 02:59:48 AM

You completely misunderstood what I said but cheers for the personal insult, always nice to see on an internet forum  :-X

well I didn't, you make a joke of the person making a legit point, and then propose bringing in a player who score 100 mid round

how does having to field a player who gets injured in first five minutes of a game enhance enjoyment and skill level, are the elite dream team players such as yourself able to predict injuries???

Fireballz

Quote from: TheHanger on July 20, 2012, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: Fireballz on July 20, 2012, 02:59:48 AM

well I didn't, you make a joke of the person making a legit point, and then propose bringing in a player who score 100 mid round

how does having to field a player who gets injured in first five minutes of a game enhance enjoyment and skill level, are the elite dream team players such as yourself able to predict injuries???
Don't understand where the attitude is coming from as I haven't insulted anyone or said anything offensive. I disagreed with what was said and was making a point that if it makes it easier for you to cover injuries, then it makes it easier for your opposition so doesn't actually improve anything.

And I'm far from elite mate so if you disagree then go for it but don't be a d*ck about it.

jbirds

possibly the best/simplest implementation would be a single player in the team named as the sub eg Zorko. similar to how a captain is named. after the weekend, all scores are collated (except Zorko's score), then the lowest scoring player on your team, say Carrazzo or perhaps an emergency that was used, or a zero score from a late withdrawl, has his score replaced by Zorko's score, provided it is a better score.

this would help alleviate bad luck, similar to a real afl game subs purpose, making things fairer and also adding a new element of skill.

Windigo

All I wish for next year is a better way of dealing with the byes.

monstrum

Just pick a sub and the first player on the field to score under 20 gets the subs score added to his score. Simple and much like real life

zeddyzed

Quote from: CFC 1979 on July 19, 2012, 06:38:11 AM
just extend the bench to 3 again and give us extra in the salary cap

+1

This guy knows the deal. Virtual sports wont tinker with DT, except to increase trades/bench size.

Keep dreaming guys!

Bodi

Dudes, part of the joy of DT is the banter between mates and laughing at the misfortunes of others while they inturn laugh at yours.

I got great pleasure a few years ago seeing the J-Birds lose to my girlfriend in a semi final because Pavlich did his calf and got subbed off.

Just like my girlfriend got great pleasure from beating me in the Grand Final by 26 points in a league full of my mates as a result of Cameron Hitchc0ck being a late withdrawal...Cameron bloomin' Hitchc0ck.

These are the stories that make playing DT so great! If we introduce a sub AND have emergencies (and introduce all the other ideas that people have for reducing doughnuts etc)... what is there left to blame our misfortunes on? All we would be able to say is "I got beaten by a better team this week"... how boring is that!

I am totally loving the suspense of the team sheets coming out and wondering what carnage there is going to be and how I am going to try and squirm my way out 3 premium doughnuts. I am totally loving coming up against teams that have an underperforming premium and seeing S.Gibson crank out a 130 on their bench when I have zero bench cover...

These are the unforgettable stories that we will kill if we introduce all these new ideas...

Fireballz

Quote from: Bodi on August 02, 2012, 04:32:41 PM
Dudes, part of the joy of DT is the banter between mates and laughing at the misfortunes of others while they inturn laugh at yours.

I got great pleasure a few years ago seeing the J-Birds lose to my girlfriend in a semi final because Pavlich did his calf and got subbed off.

Just like my girlfriend got great pleasure from beating me in the Grand Final by 26 points in a league full of my mates as a result of Cameron Hitchc0ck being a late withdrawal...Cameron bloomin' Hitchc0ck.

These are the stories that make playing DT so great! If we introduce a sub AND have emergencies (and introduce all the other ideas that people have for reducing doughnuts etc)... what is there left to blame our misfortunes on? All we would be able to say is "I got beaten by a better team this week"... how boring is that!

I am totally loving the suspense of the team sheets coming out and wondering what carnage there is going to be and how I am going to try and squirm my way out 3 premium doughnuts. I am totally loving coming up against teams that have an underperforming premium and seeing S.Gibson crank out a 130 on their bench when I have zero bench cover...

These are the unforgettable stories that we will kill if we introduce all these new ideas...
I'm with you mate. Sometimes in life sh*t happens and dream team should be no different  :P