DT sub idea for next year

Started by jbirds, July 17, 2012, 08:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbirds

I'd like to see a sub included in dream team next year. so if, for example, Travis Cloke is having an off day, i can sub him off and use the score of a bench warmer instead.

kilbluff1985

why don't you just make it so if the best 7 scores are counted including your bench warmers so if Cloke gets 50 and Adams on your bench gets 70 you get the 70 instead

jbirds

yeah maybe, but i was thinking something more pronounced, like a single player you can nominate as the sub each week, who can play in any position on the field or something like that. similar to a real afl game...

Spinking

Don't mind that play anywhere idea. I'm not in favor of having a sub so to speak, but I like the idea of someone who can fill in on all lines.

Fireballz

Disagree. Have to leave some of the skill in there of picking the right emergencies and not have players that will score terribly.

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on July 17, 2012, 09:01:37 AM
why don't you just make it so if the best 7 scores are counted including your bench warmers so if Cloke gets 50 and Adams on your bench gets 70 you get the 70 instead

Well, that takes away the skill!

Quote from: Spinking on July 17, 2012, 09:48:56 AM
Don't mind that play anywhere idea. I'm not in favor of having a sub so to speak, but I like the idea of someone who can fill in on all lines.

I'd be for that say if only 50% of a player's score counts if they play out of position.

I think a sub idea could work. But you should only be able to replace players with players that haven't played yet.

biggsy

combine the subbed player with the sub! eg. 42 in 3/4,s plus 54 in 1/4 = 96
as long as your sub started in the 22 and no matter wether u have sub coming on or not.
i like that idea, anyone else?

ossie85

Quote from: biggsy on July 17, 2012, 12:00:18 PM
combine the subbed player with the sub! eg. 42 in 3/4,s plus 54 in 1/4 = 96
as long as your sub started in the 22 and no matter wether u have sub coming on or not.
i like that idea, anyone else?

Interesting idea! But what happens if you have both?

juddy5x3

Quote from: Fireballz on July 17, 2012, 11:40:20 AM
Disagree. Have to leave some of the skill in there of picking the right emergencies and not have players that will score terribly.
+1

biggsy

same deal as long as he started in your 22.
u basically get 4 quarters score from 2 players
and subs u have as emergency remain as is

jbirds

Quote from: juddy5x3 on July 17, 2012, 12:18:00 PM

what if you are in a final and carrazzo gets subbed out for 1 point with a shoulder injury, wouldnt you want a sub player to swing on?

Justin Bieber

Why don't you just not pick cloke?

Fireballz

Quote from: jbirds on July 17, 2012, 04:43:41 PM
Quote from: juddy5x3 on July 17, 2012, 12:18:00 PM

what if you are in a final and carrazzo gets subbed out for 1 point with a shoulder injury, wouldnt you want a sub player to swing on?
Yeah and I also want the ability to trade in any player who scores over 150+ mid-round but it won't make the game any more enjoyable. Everyone's got the same rules and sometimes you get good luck and sometimes you get bad luck. If I was against someone who had Carrazzo and he got subbed for 1 then I'd be pissed if I lost coz he could bring in some bloke who musters up a 110.

jbirds

imho some type of sub player would make the game more complex and more based on skill and less based on luck...

CFC 1979

just extend the bench to 3 again and give us extra in the salary cap