Main Menu

Best Football Journalists / Commentators

Started by Spinking, July 17, 2012, 02:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Grazz

Bruce and Dennis and James to a lesser extent are the leaders, im sure im leaving someone else out so i'll have to revisit.
Bruce still holds a candle for the Crow's im sure he'd got excited when the Power won the flag. Alot of the Vic comentators still have an SA V Victoria mentality which spoils them. Cant stand Gerald Heally just quietly, Rex is a knob making up nicknames.
Dennis ive admired for a long time and he loves the Eagles but he's about as unbiased as they come unless its a final. Gary Lyon is alright, like Malthouse and Mathews as special commentators dont think they could do a whole game, same with Darcey. Theres an art to it, because your good on TV doesnt mean you'll be ok commentating footy.

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 17, 2012, 03:54:22 AM
Steven Rowe, so bias yet so good 8)

go 5AA every day!

Gotta love Rowe'y as a South Aussie wears his heart on his sleave. Not sure the rest of the country would like him but he would'nt care haha. ::)

Yeh didnt mind Quaters T Dog,.

Colliwobblers

i dont really like lynch and dunstall, they are forever breaking the game down and explaining things like we didn't learn the first time they said it , that is if we didn't know it already

i like the old boys mentioned previously for the accuracy and professionalism in commentry, and i like richo and his crew on the fox call he does for fun and entertaining commentry.

having a mind blank but i LOVE it every time the guy who says BIG TIM BELLCHAMBERS..... and so on... love that guy

Jay

Rex Hunt was my favourite back in the day, was like comedy listening to him :P

I like Dennis, dislike Bruce though

Love Rowey!!! So passionate which is great to listen to :)

McRooster

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 17, 2012, 03:54:22 AM
Steven Rowe, so bias yet so good 8)

go 5AA every day!
A few Rowey-isms for the fold...

1. BANG! - often in reference to the oft used modern terminology 'Burn', also has reference to a direct long kick or impact moment of play

2. Buckle wheel - a person of sub par performance

3. Balloon Knot - we of FanFooty call them nuff nuffs, noobs or just plain dick heads (those of different opinions to our own)

4. Ease up turbo - telling off a caller or his co-hort Graham Cornes for a rapid advance in opinion

5. Pump the brakes - ^^ see above

6. Gone-ski - without hope of recovery

Love ya Rowey  8)

This guy has more meetings with his producer after a match call than any other commentator I'm sure for his plethora of verbal indiscretion, albeit in the heat of passion.

His missus Jodie cops a fair bit, must be a good sort.

**Rowey hates being compared to Rex Hunt

Colliwobblers

we don't get the greats of vic radio up here in qld got to take the fox crew and be happy with that, need to get those radio station apps and watch fox and listen to the radio app i think sounds like we miss a lot

Jay

McRooster

Quote from: Jayman on July 18, 2012, 12:07:25 AM
Rowey's best line: gone-ski

Haha :D
Ah yes Jayman, I will add that to the previous post.

Cheer for that!

Bruce McAvaney

What the fuk is going on in here? I am the King. Like CAAAAREY.

Luke Darcy? Are you kidding me? According to him everything is MASSIVE.

Seriously though, Eddie is a good commentator. Huddo is an absolute smartarse and it's great.

Caro needs to be beheaded.

McRooster

Quote from: Bruce McAvaney on July 18, 2012, 12:14:28 AM
Huddo.
Is one ugly farker, and what he knows about commentary could be written on the back of a postage stamp  :P
He looks awfully like this dude...

Spot the difference... - I'll give you a clue, the real Huddo is holding a football  :P

Malcolm Blight is painful in the way he finds every bit of play 'it's interesting isn't it' - no Malcolm, sometimes it's not  >:(

Massive fish eye lens/panograph required to fit these three heads in, fark knows how they could fit in a commentary box together  ::)

Capper

Used to love Rex and Sam on what ever station they were on (cant remember)

Not Richo though, definitely not

Spinking

Any love for Grant Thomas or Robert Walls?

Probably my least favorites personally :p

Capper

Quote from: Spinking on July 18, 2012, 01:49:39 AM
Robert Walls?

um... well look..... no... i dont think so....

(Thats my Robert Walls impersonation)

Bruce McAvaney

Quote from: tabs on July 18, 2012, 01:52:29 AM
Quote from: Spinking on July 18, 2012, 01:49:39 AM
Robert Walls?

um... well look..... no... i dont think so....

(Thats my Robert Walls impersonation)

forgot to clear your throat half way through what you were saying

Justin Bieber