Main Menu

Best Football Journalists / Commentators

Started by Spinking, July 17, 2012, 02:20:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

After the BT thread floating around over the past few days, thought I'd query opinions of favorite football media identities. Choose 5, don't have to be current, just who you think adds value to the footballing experience. Can be TV, Print or Radio.

Mine are:

1. Luke Darcy
2. Mark McClure
3. Leigh Matthews
4. Matthew Richardson
5. Stan Alves

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I rate them all.

tbagrocks

Steven Rowe, so bias yet so good 8)

go 5AA every day!

T Dog

1. Brayshaw
2. The Duck Carey
3. Dermie
4. Malthouse
5. Darcy

monstrum

Justin Bieber

How can you guys like demot? I ate his commentary and whatever he does.

T Dog

Quote from: whatlez on July 17, 2012, 05:05:26 PM
How do you do that?.. :o

Justin Bieber

Quote from: T Dog on July 17, 2012, 06:05:16 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 17, 2012, 05:05:26 PM
How do you do that?.. :o
haha flower the iPad, but seriously he's an idiot. Instead of soaking up the Gold Coast win, he just starts talking negative about how Richmond have blown it. None of the other commentators worked with him here and instead they just were excited on the big win for the GC.  They win their first game of the year, but this flowering idiot just ignores it and talks about a club that just disappoints and it is not needed to even mention them.

henry

Suprised Dennis Commetti hasn;t been mentioned yet, he's still the best commentator for me. I like the whole MMM team basically, Jim Brayshaw's good too. Garry Lyon writes good articles, and Leigh mathews and wayne Carey provide interesting insights.

Spinking

The gap between Cometti's best and worst is substantial.  There are times I really rate him, then times he grates on me.

Quite like Drew Morphett on ABC also.

Windigo

Brayshaw for me.

No one likes Rex Hunt?  ???

henry

Quote from: Windigo on July 17, 2012, 06:45:36 PM
Brayshaw for me.

No one likes Rex Hunt?  ???
Yeah I forgot about him, really funny guy. Haven't heard him for a while though, what station does he commentate on now?

Windigo

Kellogscrunchynut

I like Cometti, McAveney and Brayshaw and for nostalgia Mike Williamson.

pyronerd

Matthews is the best IMO, no bullshower from him, unlike guys like Darcy and Richo, and he provides top quality analysis.

For play-by-play commentary, commeti is usually pretty good, and I enjoy listening to brayshaw

Master Q

I enjoy most of the guys posted in this thread although Bruce and Dennis can get on my nerves sometimes. I'm sure some of you agree. Great commentators but sometimes the stuff they say makes me wonder if I am on the right channel for the footy :P