To finish my team

Started by powersuperkents, July 15, 2012, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Next Week trades:
Taylor Adams -> Couch (if he has a second good game)
Redpath to Grima (keeping Sam Shaw and Lee Spurr as bench cover)

My Completed team after trades
Trades left: 1
Cash: $50-60k

Backs: Deledio, Waters, Goddard, Birchall, Carrazzo, Broughton, Grima, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Centre: Swan, Ablett, Watson, Rockliff, Ebert, Scott Selwood, Gibson, Newell
Ruck: Cox, Giles (may use last trade to upgrade), Jenkins, Campbell
Forwards: Sidebottom, Franklin, Dangerfield, Stanley, Dustin Martin, Brent Harvey, Hawkins, Couch, Murdoch

What would you rate this team? 

Toga

could you use the extra 50-60K to get a better D7 than grima??

just reckon you need a more solidly scoring defender there seeing as broughts has thrown in his DT-scoring towel :/

powersuperkents

Quote from: Toga on July 15, 2012, 11:01:14 PM
could you use the extra 50-60K to get a better D7 than grima??

just reckon you need a more solidly scoring defender there seeing as broughts has thrown in his DT-scoring towel :/
I could wait for Suckling or Adcock to drop in price??

stew42

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 15, 2012, 10:56:25 PM
Next Week trades:

Backs: Deledio, Waters, Goddard, Birchall, Carrazzo, Broughton, Grima, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Forwards: Sidebottom, Franklin, Dangerfield, Stanley, Dustin Martin, Brent Harvey, Hawkins, Couch, Murdoch

Backs: Obviously Waters is a pain with him out. Grima is a unique choice for D7, probably worth a try. Broughton is a spud. Shaw and Spurr are good emgs. 7.5/10

Mids: Swan, Ablett, Watson, tick. Rockliff, tick. Ebert and SSelwood, not good enough.* Gibson, tick. Newell, not really. 7/10

Rucks: Cox, tick. Giles, no. Needs upgrading. Emgs are passable. 7.5/10

Fwds: Sidey, Franklin (ouch), Danger, tick. Stanley, BIG TICK, well done. Dusty, good, same with Boomer. Hawkins is good for a F7, but where the flower is Zorko!?!?!?!?!?!? Couch good, Murdoch maybe. 8.5/10

Overall: 7.625/10 Not the best team, a few mid-prices or premos that aren't quite elite. The omission of Zorko was a big no-no. A few injuries too.

Hope this helped!

*My mids are Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Scotty T, Mitchell and Priddis, with Clifton and Gibson are emgs. A bit better...

Spinking

Just hold your trade in my opinion. Things could fall into place, but with no trades left an injury could leave you with permanent donuts.

powersuperkents

Quote from: stew42 on July 16, 2012, 01:42:00 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on July 15, 2012, 10:56:25 PM
Next Week trades:

Backs: Obviously Waters is a pain with him out. Grima is a unique choice for D7, probably worth a try. Broughton is a spud. Shaw and Spurr are good emgs. 7.5/10

Mids: Swan, Ablett, Watson, tick. Rockliff, tick. Ebert and SSelwood, not good enough.* Gibson, tick. Newell, not really. 7/10

Rucks: Cox, tick. Giles, no. Needs upgrading. Emgs are passable. 7.5/10

Fwds: Sidey, Franklin (ouch), Danger, tick. Stanley, BIG TICK, well done. Dusty, good, same with Boomer. Hawkins is good for a F7, but where the flower is Zorko!?!?!?!?!?!? Couch good, Murdoch maybe. 8.5/10

Overall: 7.625/10 Not the best team, a few mid-prices or premos that aren't quite elite. The omission of Zorko was a big no-no. A few injuries too.

Hope this helped!

*My mids are Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Scotty T, Mitchell and Priddis, with Clifton and Gibson are emgs. A bit better...
Cheers for the honest opinion, Real helpful :). Zorko was the one regret of the season for me :/ usually I have heaps this year it was just not getting Zorko after his second game because a person on fanfooty forum told me not too and that he wouldn't be that special... It was understandable after seeing his first game and I thought the second game was just cos Lions won by 100 over GWS... Nothing much I can do now though...

I want to get rid of Giles but I have to decide between him and Ebert/Selwood the rating is a good one I'd to rate my team between mediocre and excellent. I was disappointed with a lot of my players this season (especially Rockliff) had him last year and he never lead me astray... Scott Selwood I was really disappointed with Broughton and Goddard... showerty year for lots of premos...