Main Menu

Will Cloke remain a pie

Started by the flying hawk, July 15, 2012, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the flying hawk

travis cloke has become hot property for the free agency and 3 clubs have offered cloke 5 million for 5 years so 1 million each year seeing that he will most likely leave contract talks until the end of the season it is just a matter of loyalty or greed will he be like jack trendrove or will he be another case of tom scully and gary ablett

Shaggy

Cicjose

TheMailman

Greed has nothing to do with it.

Cloke is 25 so his footballing career will go for a maximum of 10 years or so. He could be gaining another 2-3 million dollars for the rest of his life. He's simply moving up a hypothetical business ladder.

Ziplock

I agree. A lot of the blokes in the AFL have a limited skill set beyond footy-  I really can't blame any of them for trying to get as much out of their short careers as they can.

the flying hawk

fair enough but it is a possability that he may go and i was not saying that he will go but he may

TheMailman

I think he may have been a lot more tempted had Collingwood's bad run continued from the start of the year which is probably about the time the other clubs were planning to offer for him but with the Magpies good form I doubt he'd leave

the flying hawk

Quote from: TheMailman on July 16, 2012, 10:07:26 PM
I think he may have been a lot more tempted had Collingwood's bad run continued from the start of the year which is probably about the time the other clubs were planning to offer for him but with the Magpies good form I doubt he'd leave
Good point if they win the premiership he will stay :)