The Dayne Zorko Appreciation Thread

Started by Tominator, July 14, 2012, 11:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT-wise, is Dayne Zorko better than Michael Barlow?

Yes
45 (78.9%)
No
6 (10.5%)
Unsure
6 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Tominator

This guy is a God

Racked up again tonight and enhanced his reputation as arguably the greatest DT rookie we have ever seen.

The only games where he has dipped below 90 are when he was the sub (26 in a quarter) and when he got 69 after a little injury (had 51 halfway into second quarter)

In fact, his season looks like this: 26, 96, 94, 102, 140, 120, 69, 140 and 113 - now averages dead on 100 from 9 games!

not only is he an F7 lock for 2012, I am seriously considering getting him as a forward next year

All this begs the question - is Dayne Zorko better than the great Michael Barlow

Answer that in the polls and leave your other thoughts on Zorko below

Chelskiman

I think he is.  Love the little beast.

myalup mullets

The It

masedog333

Yeah he is. Barlow was a tiny bit inconsistent. He would get occasional 50's and 60's but the only time Zorko doesn't ton up is when he is injured or subbed!

tbagrocks

yeah gee hasn't he been great, trouble is now who to leave on the bench for him each week, Martin? Clancee?

Nails

I think your poll is missing an option...

"They are on par with each other/they are just as good as each other" kind of option.

So to answer your poll

Is Zorko better than Barlow?

Yes > would be to say Zorko is best which I think is unfair to Barlow

No > Would be to say No he's not better, but I think that'd be unfair to Zorko.

I think it needs a 3rd option :X

Tominator

Tominator

Quote from: The It on July 14, 2012, 11:33:29 PM
Quote from: myalup mullets on July 14, 2012, 11:31:55 PM
No, because i dont have him  ::)
Ouch, that must hurt  :-[

I'm surprised you haven't deleted your team yet ::)

Spinking

I think a major point in claiming him as the best ever rookie is his DPP. Not only has he been ultra consistent, with a high ceiling, but he also can slot in wherever you've got an injury or missing player. Golden!

ShaynoB

Zorkmania is sweeping thru Australia!!

The guy is a gem... U just gotta wonder how and why he has never been grabbed before

Flame

myalup mullets

Quote from: Tominator on July 14, 2012, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: The It on July 14, 2012, 11:33:29 PM
Quote from: myalup mullets on July 14, 2012, 11:31:55 PM
No, because i dont have him  ::)
Ouch, that must hurt  :-[

I'm surprised you haven't deleted your team yet ::)

haha, yes i have thought about it. Don't know what I was thinking. I didn't have him at the start of the year and I didnt have a downgrade option after bringing in Horsley. Plus I think i was worrying about the round 11 bye. My stupidity and i have paid for it with a number of sides in my league having him and killing me  :(

Fireballz

Don't forget just how good Barlow's first year was. Was a serious brownlow contender before his injury and was pretty consistent! At the moment I think Barlow was better for longer but Zorko might pass him by the end of the year.

quinny88