WXV Possible Senior Coach Position Available

Started by ossie85, July 14, 2012, 08:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

MC I'm wondering who contacted who about the trade first?

I mean if I had known Hilly was prepared to give up Cotchin and JPK for nothing I would have been offering Raines and some other rubbish player...

My Chumps

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 17, 2012, 07:46:02 PM

I mean if I had known Hilly was prepared to give up Cotchin and JPK for nothing I would have been offering Raines and some other rubbish player...
Trust me CF, I was pushing it hard. I spotted he had a showerty defence and exposed it. Come on though, JPK has had a stunning season that nobody (except me :P) expected. McVeigh is preforming pretty well, especially over the last few weeks, and Hill will be a gun in time. I know that It favoured me MASSIVE (an understatement), but it's a little bit more than Raines and another rubbish player  :P

I was more suprised that it made it through the vote on whether it was a fair trade...

CrowsFan

Haha yes I know it wasn't as bad as Raines, but everyone knew Cotchin was a gun, plus I'm pretty sure most people knew that JPK would average over 100 this year, maybe not as high as he is, but still over 100. For the record I did vote against it being a fair trade ;)

I'm guessing you may use one of your midfield 4 as trade bait to improve other areas in your team during the trade period?

Torpedo10

Quote from: My Chumps on July 17, 2012, 07:53:25 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on July 17, 2012, 07:46:02 PM

Trust me CF, I was pushing it hard. I spotted he had a showerty defence and exposed it. Come on though, JPK has had a stunning season that nobody (except me :P) expected. McVeigh is preforming pretty well, especially over the last few weeks, and Hill will be a gun in time. I know that It favoured me MASSIVE (an understatement), but it's a little bit more than Raines and another rubbish player  :P

I was more suprised that it made it through the vote on whether it was a fair trade...
I thought the same in euros. picked him up at like round 15 and was super happy with it. Probs my best pick on that draft.

My Chumps

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 17, 2012, 07:57:18 PM
Haha yes I know it wasn't as bad as Raines, but everyone knew Cotchin was a gun, plus I'm pretty sure most people knew that JPK would average over 100 this year, maybe not as high as he is, but still over 100. For the record I did vote against it being a fair trade ;)

I'm guessing you may use one of your midfield 4 as trade bait to improve other areas in your team during the trade period?
Perhaps... But I love having a beast of a midfield  >:D
Plus with the growth of players such as Pittard, Johnson, Wood, Hunt, Cameron, Rohan, Z Smith other lines are looking pretty reasonable.
Of course if the right offer were to come along, I would definietly have to consider it.

PowerBug

Quote from: My Chumps on July 17, 2012, 08:12:57 PM

Plus with the growth of players such as Pittard, Johnson, Wood, Hunt, Cameron, Rohan, Z Smith other lines are looking pretty reasonable.
Of course if the right offer were to come along, I would definietly have to consider it.
Swan and Boyd may fit somewhere in there...

My Chumps

Quote from: PowerBug on July 17, 2012, 08:16:30 PM

Boyd for Slattery?

PowerBug

Quote from: My Chumps on July 17, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

Boyd for Slattery?
done. ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: PowerBug on July 17, 2012, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on July 17, 2012, 08:23:47 PM

Boyd for Slattery?
done. ;)
WOOOOOOO

KoopKicka

Can I apply for this? If so my starting 15 would be

DEF: Bob Murphy, Brad Symes, Andrew Mackie, Brent Staker
MID: Brent Stanton, Jarrad McVeigh, Matthew Broadbent, Stephen Hill
RUC: Tom Bellchambers
FWD: Luke Breust, Chris Mayne, Michael Hurley, Jason Winderlich
BENCH: Richard Douglas, Danyle Pearce

All the other 3 are more experienced than me due to them having a team in one of the other forms of the comp, whereas Im only an assistant to JB in the English 15's however, if I was to be considered I would be active over the off-season as I will be involved in the next season of the APL.

As other have said, I will be looking for a champion on each line, Broadbent will be on the table, as will Symes and Breust, basically I will strive to achieve that.  As for the draft, Im willing to put in the hard yards as Spink has already said.

Yeah, dont really think I will get a look in with 2 other, more experienced coaches, but thanks for your time :)

ossie85

KoopKicka

ossie85

Just letting you know that 12 of 17 coaches have voted, and the result is still up in the year. Voting will close tomorrow.

Each coach ranked each contender from 1st to 4th. With 1st getting 4 votes, 2nd 3 votes, 3rd 2 votes, and 4th 1 vote.

So far EVERY coach has been ranked 1st at least once, and every coach has been ranked last at least once. Shows the quality of the field.

PowerBug

ossie85