WXV Possible Senior Coach Position Available

Started by ossie85, July 14, 2012, 08:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

I generally agree with the thoughts of Purps and CF. My argument would be that many of us joined the English or Asian because there were no spots available in the main games.

Purple 77

Thats why I thought the Asia league should have started in 2014, when there would be new active coaches.

BB67th

I would happily drop my English or not even worry about Asians competition if I could join the Worlds. As said above, the whole reason that we joined the other comps with the lesser known scoring systems was because there was no positions available in Worlds and Euros.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BB67th on July 15, 2012, 05:28:08 PM
I would happily drop my English or not even worry about Asians competition if I could join the Worlds. As said above, the whole reason that we joined the other comps with the lesser known scoring systems was because there was no positions available in Worlds and Euros.
You cannot drop English's now..

Maca24

Quote from: whatlez on July 15, 2012, 05:31:13 PM
Yes he can? You haven't even started yet.
And sorry Whatlez, but why are you so bossy about all of this?
For a veteran coach that I've never even heard of, you have quite an attitude!

BB67th

If someone else could take it instead, then I could pass it on to them, probably after drafting is finished.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BB67th on July 15, 2012, 05:37:16 PM
If someone else could take it instead, then I could pass it on to them, probably after drafting is finished.

That sounds reasonable then. I thought you were going to drop it now and I was just wondering who will take your picks.

And sorry Maca.

Spinking

It would appear that a few of us are in the same boat - would like to be in the worlds, at the expense of existing teams if necessary.

May have been suggested before but what if the English and Asian were seen like the VFL / SANFL etc. and new coaches could cut their teeth there before getting a run in the big leagues.

Would also make it easier to select new coaches based on proven performance...

Just a suggestion

Purple 77

Quote from: Spinking on July 15, 2012, 05:49:22 PM
It would appear that a few of us are in the same boat - would like to be in the worlds, at the expense of existing teams if necessary.

May have been suggested before but what if the English and Asian were seen like the VFL / SANFL etc. and new coaches could cut their teeth there before getting a run in the big leagues.

Would also make it easier to select new coaches based on proven performance...

Just a suggestion

I like that idea.......

Maca24

It's ok Whatlez, I think you might just be coming across a bit too opinionated although you don't mean it.

SpinKing, sounds like a great idea. Makes sense as SC and DT are the main competitions in fantasy sports.
It does grind my gears though that we are even having the Asian 15's league.
If we even do have it I think it should be exclusive for people who don't own a team.

ossie85

Will put this to a vote tomorrow. Will advertise elsewhere today.....

Ringo

Quote from: Spinking on July 14, 2012, 10:28:08 PM
I generally agree with the thoughts of Purps and CF. My argument would be that many of us joined the English or Asian because there were no spots available in the main games.
Agree 100% here with spinking - There are a lot of coaches who joined after the Worlds and Euros who would love a chance to join the Top echelon. I would love to also apply but I think being an assistant coach would preclude me so will leave it to others without any involvement.
Love the idea of taking vacant coaches from the lower rankings of English or Asians.

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on July 16, 2012, 11:38:17 AM
Quote from: Spinking on July 14, 2012, 10:28:08 PM
Agree 100% here with spinking - There are a lot of coaches who joined after the Worlds and Euros who would love a chance to join the Top echelon. I would love to also apply but I think being an assistant coach would preclude me so will leave it to others without any involvement.
Love the idea of taking vacant coaches from the lower rankings of English or Asians.

No Ringo, assistants can definitely apply. In fact, I think they really should be first in line! So Ringo, apply

ossie85

In fact, there's nothing stopping current World coaches applying. They'd of course have to resign....

Ringo

Thanks Ossie and I would formally apply.

I would like to take the opportunity to join the elite competition and coach a team in the worlds.

I will be active in the off season and will look at strengthening this team in a couple of areas. It is a reasonably strong team and with the right trades and/or draft picks will be very competitive. Solid base.

I will make sure we put our best team on the field each week and keep fans up to date with selections, injuries and trades.

If succesful it would mean resigning my assistant coach position with the New Delhi Tigers. (Sorry Fish) where I have assisted with team selections each week. I have enjoyed being involved with this team as it whetted my appetite to join the English when the opportunity arose.