WXV Possible Senior Coach Position Available

Started by ossie85, July 14, 2012, 08:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on July 16, 2012, 11:47:42 AM

In fact, there's nothing stopping current World coaches applying. They'd of course have to resign....
Hmm maybe I should resign from the Pumas and look for a new challenge. Winning is getting rather boring :P

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 16, 2012, 01:13:44 PM

In fact, there's nothing stopping current World coaches applying. They'd of course have to resign....
Hmm maybe I should resign from the Pumas and look for a new challenge. Winning is getting rather boring :P

That's the quote I'm going to frame when the Pumas choke :)

BB67th

If anyone wants to ask me any questions about why I would be a good coach or where I would take the squad I would be happy to answer them.  ;)

ossie85

Quote from: BB67th on July 16, 2012, 01:29:29 PM
If anyone wants to ask me any questions about why I would be a good coach or where I would take the squad I would be happy to answer them.  ;)

Not just for BB - but for all guys - but how about you name the best XV (assuming injury free) and point out players that you are missing, who would be on the chopping block, what kind of players you'd pick up in the draft :)

Spinking

Righto.  I'll run the risk of going first. My best XV would be:

Def: R Murphy, A Mackie, B Reid, B Staker
Mid: B Stanton, J McVeigh, S Hill, R Douglas
Ruck: T Bellchambers
Fwd: M Hurley, L Breust, C Mayne, J Winderlich
Bench: J Garlett, D Pearce

Firstly the squad lacks quality depth.  There are very few kids likely to have an impact in the short term, so a minor clean out would be required.  There is reasonable experienced cover in the form of J Mac, Bower and Co which has lessened the long term losses of several first string players, but this will probably be diminished with end of season retirements.

Secondly I would be very active in the trade period - Stanton would likely be on the table, and I would generally be chasing a champion on each line.  I would also do the necessary hard yards during the National Draft, as it will be critical for the Royals to select players with a genuine chance of having an impact.

Bring on any other questions.  Reckon this has been an excellent process thus far.

Noz

Time for my turn
Defence: Robert Murphy, Andrew Mackie, Brent Reily, Brent Staker

Mids: Brett Stanton, Matthew Broadbent Jarrad McVeigh, Danyle Pearce

Rucks: Tom Bellchambers

Forwads: Michael Hurley, Chris Mayne, Luke Breust, Jeff Garlett

Bench: Stephen Hill, David Mckay

Obviously the team is lacking a lot of depth in the forward line and will be looking at offloading a few midfielders.

Morton could provide a few interest from other teams and would likely be on the trade table, Docherty could be ready to step up next year and push Staker/Mackie out of the starting 11. With Docherty, Sheridan, Swift and McInnes to a extent all pushing for senior selection i believe we can part with our 2nd round draft pick plus a fringe player to secure another captian choice player.

Would be looking at picking up a player from each line in this years draft, A backup ruck man will also be needed will be looking at picking one up in the trade period.

CrowsFan

Interesting Noz that you have Reilly in the defense when he is a mid. Are you happy picking up half points for the rest of the year?

ossie85

Quote from: Noz on July 16, 2012, 02:40:32 PM
Bench: Stephen Hill, David Mckay

Mackay has been performing reasonably all year, yet has not played a senior game yet! Sure he'll appreciate it :)

Quote from: Spinking on July 16, 2012, 02:22:35 PM
Def: R Murphy, A Mackie, B Reid, B Staker

Forgotten man Mr. Staker :)

Noz

Thought Reilly was a defender for some reason  ::)

Reilly replaces Pearce in the midfield, Reid comes into the defence.

BB67th

My best XV for the London Royals would be this:

Def: Ben Reid, Robert Murphy, Andrew Mackie, Brent Staker

Mid: Brent Stanton (C), Jarrad McVeigh (VC), Stephen Hill, Brent Reilly

Ruck: Tom Bellchambers

Fwd: Michael Hurley, Jason Winderlich, Chris Mayne, Luke Breust

Utilities: Matthew Broadbent, Danyle Pearce

I see a lot of potential in this squad with some quality young players coming through, especially in Broadbent, Winderlich and Breust. The squad lacks depth in its younger players which is something that I would look to really change.

I like some of the older experienced players in the squad as quality backups such as Gilham, McDonald, Macdonald and Byrnes. They would be offered up for trade, mainly in the way of draft picks so I can get some quality younger players in.

Going forward I think this side could use 1 or 2 big guns who can pump out 100+ scores every week and then look to younger players to come through the system in the next few seasons. On the trade table would be players such as Bate, Morton, Bower and Banner in the hopes of offloading a few low end players for 1 or 2 top end players. Someone better could definitely be used in defence.

I think this side has enough good quality players but needs a few big guns and more depth in the younger players. I am prepared to make big list changes in the hopes that this team could potentially be a premiership contender in the next couple of seasons. I would also like to say that I like the process in which we are picking the new coach, is very fair and fun to experiment with the squad.  :)

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 14, 2012, 01:51:54 PM
I can so handle a second World's team under my belt ;). I swear my record at the Reindeers is due to bad luck ::).
you could considering i haven't been much help as an assistant
problem is i'm usually ouy on fridays hence why in Sc i got the giles donut

PowerBug

Has cookie Monster even been online so see this thread yet??

meow meow

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 16, 2012, 01:13:44 PM

You've still got one more challenge to overcome. If Moscow don't win the premiership, then I hope the Puma's don't lose another game for the year. That one loss will eat at you. Bring your team to Moscow next year and try to take us on, on our home turf. Couldn't even muster a win with your home crowd behind you!

Oh and Cookie, sorry but Donald says:

You're fired!

Ringo

Ossie

Can you clarify for me.

On the Royals Page Pick 99 is listed as Josh P Kennedy but he is not listed on your list.  Is he still with the London Royals as he would be a definite in the mid field.

Also Ryan O'Keffe is listed as pick 63 but not on list.  He would probably get a run as forward.

If these 2 players are still with Royals then they would be a strong side.  Maybe they have been traded and site not updated.

Master Q

Quote from: Ringo on July 16, 2012, 07:53:31 PM
Ossie

Can you clarify for me.

On the Royals Page Pick 99 is listed as Josh P Kennedy but he is not listed on your list.  Is he still with the London Royals as he would be a definite in the mid field.
May of been traded.