Main Menu

Umpiring tonight

Started by essendon2, July 13, 2012, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Just want to say the umpiring tonight has been absolutely shiithouse. from a non bias perspective - in complete favour of North Melbourne as well. North have scored 3-4 goals from FA... it's getting ridicuolous.

week in, week out, the umpires are shower. something needs to be done about it, more sackings please AFL

Spinking

Was just thinking the same thing. Saints supporter so unbiased. Seems like the umps want to have an influence over the result...

Chelskiman

nickstiges

I couldn't help but laugh at the umpire who paid holding the ball after Gibson's handball.

Holz

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on July 13, 2012, 11:33:12 PM
Looks very fair to me
don't know what you've been watching mate....
been worst game of umpiring I've ever seen.

Spinking

Didn't end up having too much impact. Kangas clearly too good, Blues in big trouble.

WillDel

Was pretty showere! Im a Sydney supporter, so I think im unbiased. But there was a bit of North favouring. Good thing Carlton folded or else it would of been a real talking point.

EZA100

it didn't change the result of carlton getting smashed but the umpiring has been very bad umpires don't know what dropping the ball is anymore.

bottlemart

Quote from: Spinking on July 13, 2012, 11:36:55 PM
Didn't end up having too much impact. Kangas clearly too good, Blues in big trouble.
+1

Umpires rarely impact the result of games.  53 points is pretty comprehensive.

I don't like to talk about about umpires, but seeing as someone else bought the issue up, How about that clear handball that Gibson did, and got pinged for holding the ball.  That was the worst decision for the night.  Yes maybe the umpires were poor.

Great win Roos

Justin Bieber

Quote from: essendon2 on July 13, 2012, 11:34:02 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 13, 2012, 11:33:12 PM
Looks very fair to me
don't know what you've been watching mate....
been worst game of umpiring I've ever seen.

He's a Roos supporter ::)

essendon2

Quote from: bottlemart on July 13, 2012, 11:46:18 PM
Quote from: Spinking on July 13, 2012, 11:36:55 PM
+1

Umpires rarely impact the result of games.  53 points is pretty comprehensive.

I don't like to talk about about umpires, but seeing as someone else bought the issue up, How about that clear handball that Gibson did, and got pinged for holding the ball.  That was the worst decision for the night.  Yes maybe the umpires were poor.

Great win Roos
yeah it was, but didn't affect the next piece of play.
each carlton FA affected play and ended up being a coast to coast goal and that happened 3-4 times right when Carlton were coming back with a shot.
you guys are saying it didn't affect the result, it probably didn't, but it did affect the momentum of the game. it could have been a 20 point game...

but North did deserve to win, credit to them anyway

McRooster

Positioining was very lazy by the umps tonight.

Under the roof the game moves faster, and catches the lime greens out of position. Umpires then become reactive to the crowd and less proactive to correctness in order to create flow, resulting in many mistakes.

Troy Panell was to blame for the early whistle call on holding the ball when clearly Gibson had got away a legit handball, then Panell got in the way of direct play a few minutes later, two pivotal moments.

Just to be clear, Roos won the game off their own back - but what is also clear, the umpiring standard has ebbed to a new low (just watch any Wet toast E-Girls game)  ::)

unceramonius

Sssssssssshhhhhhhh dont mention west coast.  Dont mention how they get favoured every single damn week.

Also dont mention how it seems like glass has to commit murder before they call for all the thug holding he does contest after contest.  Zac Dawson would be a star too....if he got away with just half of what glass does.

North were robbed last week. How can that not be a free against glass at the end, riding the back? When in the same game, same quarter..a mere tap awards darling a goal.

Oh sorry forgot.....sshhhhhh .dont mention it

nostradamus

Quote from: unceramonius on July 14, 2012, 12:34:17 AM
Sssssssssshhhhhhhh dont mention west coast.  Dont mention how they get favoured every single damn week.

Also dont mention how it seems like glass has to commit murder before they call for all the thug holding he does contest after contest.  Zac Dawson would be a star too....if he got away with just half of what glass does.

North were robbed last week. How can that not be a free against glass at the end, riding the back? When in the same game, same quarter..a mere tap awards darling a goal.

Oh sorry forgot.....sshhhhhh .dont mention it

This has nothing to do with West Coast......its a discussion about the umpiring in the Carl vs North game.

Why does every comment you make have to refer on some level to your bitterness toward West Coast??

.....l am an Essendon supporter by the way, and agree that the umpiring was terrible tonight