WXV Draft/Trading Timetable....

Started by ossie85, July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

I have 39 players on my list who played AFL games this year. One of the strong suits of my team is the depth. It will weaken my team if I have to cut it back to 36, but I don't have a problem with that at all. It's fair. When Tambling goes on to be a superstar at someone else's team it will just add to the rivalry.

c4v3m4n

Sid and I were having a discussion about trades and drafting and Sid had suggested that we should have originally had "zone picks" when we started; for example Wellington could have picked Dustin Martin (one of his parents were born there), Toronto could have picked Mike Pyke Mania and I myself could have landed NicNat.

Oh what a brillant idea that would have been. :o

But it got us thinking, for future drafts, should we look at introducing a drafting rule, like the father-son rule, that allows teams to bid for the right to draft a player from their home country?

We reckon that this will add some spice to future drafting as well as having some home-grown international talent.

Thoughts?

ossie85

Hmmm, I like that. New players that are from or have a parent from one of our 18 coaches...

Do it like the F/S rule and bid I guess

Purple 77

There have been 2 German players..... I don't know about parents, but I think some coaches wouldn't have any eligible picks

Boomz

I doubt we'd have any eligible but it's the same with the FS... More will become eligible :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Boomz on September 03, 2012, 08:15:59 AM
I doubt we'd have any eligible but it's the same with the FS... More will become eligible :)

Zonal draft picks will be great in the meantime. FS picks are a long while away... ::)

Maca24

Anyone want to swap some picks around?
Wouldn't mind getting higher or even getting some preseason picks instead.

ossie85

How about this....

Out of each team's delistings, you can nominate 2 that will not be available in the National Draft (they go to Preseason)...

thoughts?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on September 07, 2012, 10:22:35 AM

How about this....

Out of each team's delistings, you can nominate 2 that will not be available in the National Draft (they go to Preseason)...

thoughts?

Why not the other way around? :o

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 07, 2012, 10:42:51 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 07, 2012, 10:22:35 AM

How about this....

thoughts?

Why not the other way around? :o

Or that....

Purple 77

My Chumps

Maybe I've missed something Oss, but I thought that all our delisted players go to the preseason draft so we could pick them up again, ala Michael Coad.

Also if I wanted to pick up someone that say The Seoul Magpies delisted, how would I go about that without them being put in the preseason draft?

meow meow

Chumps, they'll be available in the national draft.

My Chumps

Which then rolls over into the preseason if unselected, right?

Cheers meow.

meow meow