WXV Draft/Trading Timetable....

Started by ossie85, July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on August 10, 2012, 04:50:37 PM
From the boss:

Quote from: ossie85 on July 29, 2012, 12:09:57 PM
Hey guys, would like to limit trading of picks within in the first 5 rounds of the National Draft and 4 rounds of the rookie draft.

Hadn't seen that. :-\

Opting to trade rookie draft picks is interesting, not sure I totally agree with it to be honest. It's quite hard to judge their worth compared to national draft picks.

ossie85

Yeah, the issue is everyone should be able to pick in the first 5 rounds - outside that people could get 'picks' through trades that they can't actually use.... All gets too complicated IMO

And slight correction meow, lists cut down to 36, not 34 :)

Purple 77

Need forwards?

Feeling depleted?

Yearning for a reliable forward who is named week in, week out?

Then look no further than Matthew Stokes! Although not a great year from the great man, history says Stokes can average well into the eighties, a feat that is rare amongst forwards.

So why not?

Contact me, Purple 77, and press your claims for this wonderful player

Note: Defenders are the preference

meow meow

Matthew Stokes. The guy who was charged with cocaine trafficking, possession? SEND HIM OUR WAY!

Holz

I need forwards 65-75 average i dont care they just need to play. If you have anyone who plays regularly but cant make your sqaud talk to me. looking for players 26 and under

Boomz

Looking for a decent ruckman under 26 & a premium defender under 26. Cloke, Leuenberger, Patton all on offer. Full trade list here - http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44823.msg843580.html#msg843580

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on August 13, 2012, 06:10:22 PM
Matthew Stokes. The guy who was charged with cocaine trafficking, possession? SEND HIM OUR WAY!

He can make friends with Libba. ;)

PowerBug

Robbie Warnock
All mids up for grabs (except Jordie McKenzie and Travis Boak)
Buenos Aires Team Page

CrowsFan

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 13, 2012, 05:59:42 PM
Then look no further than Matthew Stokes! Although not a great year from the great man, history says Stokes can average well into the eighties, a feat that is rare amongst forwards.
Averaging 80 is rare for a forward? Hmm that's surprising considering I've got 5 averaging 89 or more :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 13, 2012, 07:51:16 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on August 13, 2012, 05:59:42 PM
Averaging 80 is rare for a forward? Hmm that's surprising considering I've got 5 averaging 89 or more :P

You're just putting more and more pressure on your team now. :P

meow meow

If anyone is in need of depth/fringe players then let me know. I have plenty of forwards and backs available. I also have three former first round picks that will be able to be taken off my hands for next to nothing.

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on August 13, 2012, 08:53:38 PM
If anyone is in need of depth/fringe players then let me know. I have plenty of forwards and backs available. I also have three former first round picks that will be able to be taken off my hands for next to nothing.

Is one of those Richard Tambling?

meow meow

Quote from: ossie85 on August 13, 2012, 08:58:17 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 13, 2012, 08:53:38 PM

Is one of those Richard Tambling?

Possibly! I shouldn't try to trade him. I'd have to give someone my first pick and Tambling for someone's 5th round pick. I'd still be getting the better deal.

Maca24

Just a suggestion, but perhaps there will need to be more voting times for trades?
Instead of monthly, maybe fortnightly? My reasons are because if a trade gets knocked back then it could screw up all the trade discussions had for that month.

Purple 77

That's a good point. Maybe their should be an escape clause agreed in a trade? And another suggestion, although the final runs into this, I know a lot (me included) of coaches have been negotiating for ages, maybe we could have another vote period at the start of September for those who have had a month or more of talks? October is AGES away, and I bet a few trades have been made already.