WXV Draft/Trading Timetable....

Started by ossie85, July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

There can't be a minumum of 10. Some teams could have 12 players retire and 5 get delisted.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on July 30, 2012, 08:45:43 PM
There can't be a maximum* of 10. Some teams could have 12 players retire and 5 get delisted.

Fair point. But surely there has to be a cap on delistings.

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 30, 2012, 08:41:10 PM
Like the AFL, delisted players should only be available in the pre-season/rookie draft.

But honestly, I think 10 players is quite a lot to delist...perhaps we have a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10.

Lastly, when do AFL teams have to confirm list lodgements? Our list lodgements would have to occur after that date, cause I'd hate to keep someone on my list that is suddenly delisted... :-\

Delisted players can enter the National draft in the AFL, no problem. Happens all the time. Ah, Luke Ball you star.

We won't be doing any drafting until after the actual drafts, by which time AFL lists will be finalised.

10 won't be that many really, reckon most clubs do that in the AFL. Think about it, AFL clubs would draft at least 8 players a year.

As far as a maximum delistings, there comes a point where it would be detrimental to a team to delist 20 players.. reckon it regulates itself

meow meow

Delisted players can't only be available in the rookie draft. They have to be available in the national draft because let's say I get 5 picks in our national draft. That would be about pick 80. 80 players won't get drafted in the AFL national draft, which would mean my pick is useless.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on July 30, 2012, 08:52:11 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 30, 2012, 08:41:10 PM
Like the AFL, delisted players should only be available in the pre-season/rookie draft.

But honestly, I think 10 players is quite a lot to delist...perhaps we have a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10.

Lastly, when do AFL teams have to confirm list lodgements? Our list lodgements would have to occur after that date, cause I'd hate to keep someone on my list that is suddenly delisted... :-\

Delisted players can enter the National draft in the AFL, no problem. Happens all the time. Ah, Luke Ball you star.

We won't be doing any drafting until after the actual drafts, by which time AFL lists will be finalised.

10 won't be that many really, reckon most clubs do that in the AFL. Think about it, AFL clubs would draft at least 8 players a year.

As far as a maximum delistings, there comes a point where it would be detrimental to a team to delist 20 players.. reckon it regulates itself

Forgot about Luke Ball. Fair enough then.

Looking at last years delistings, sackings and retirements, Richmond and Gold Coast were the only teams to delist 10 players. So yeah, I guess 10 will work.

Quote from: meow meow on July 30, 2012, 09:05:31 PM
Delisted players can't only be available in the rookie draft. They have to be available in the national draft because let's say I get 5 picks in our national draft. That would be about pick 80. 80 players won't get drafted in the AFL national draft, which would mean my pick is useless.

Could always trade it... ;)

meow meow

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 30, 2012, 09:09:11 PM

Quote from: meow meow on July 30, 2012, 09:05:31 PM

Could always trade it... ;)

I'd rather use it on a player that you were forced to delist but wanted to keep.

PowerBug

Back to my squad sizes comment, the way i read it is i can trade and have 50 players on my squad, but will then have to delist 14 to cut it back to 36? :)

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2012, 10:17:43 AM
Back to my squad sizes comment, the way i read it is i can trade and have 50 players on my squad, but will then have to delist 14 to cut it back to 36? :)

Yup

PowerBug

How many rounds are there in the National Draft? And i presume there are no "bonus" picks or anything for the shower teams, it'll just go form last to first for X amount of rounds?

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2012, 02:33:42 PM
How many rounds are there in the National Draft? And i presume there are no "bonus" picks or anything for the shower teams, it'll just go form last to first for X amount of rounds?

I really wish people would read the rules lol!

Yes, there are bonus picks for 'shower' teams.

Dublin will receive an extra pick at the end of the first round because they won less than 4 matches. So they get picks #1, #19, #20.

The number of picks each team will be determined by the number of places you have available on your list.

If you have 36 players, you'll get 5 picks to bring you up to 41. If you don't use all your picks you will get picks in the rookie draft. You will then have either 4 or 5 from the rookie draft (depending if we have enough players for 45 or 46 per club).

meow meow

If we trade out our 5 picks in the national draft and we have 36 players on our list, does this mean we get 10 picks in the rookie draft?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: meow meow on July 31, 2012, 04:14:34 PM
If we trade out our 5 picks in the national draft and we have 36 players on our list, does this mean we get 10 picks in the rookie draft?

I'm interested in the answer to this.

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on July 31, 2012, 04:14:34 PM

No, it just means your first of 5 picks won't be until round 6 of the national draft :)

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM
Timetable Proposed Off-Season Trading - nothing set in stone, comments? Proposed changes? Trying to make it so we have something to do in the off-season.

Trading begins: At the conclusion of WXV Grand Final

Trading concludes: Before WXV National/Preseason/Rookie drafts.

Trades to not have to be pick for pick, i.e. you can trade Scott Pendlebury for 2 players and 2 draft picks if you want, it doesn't have to be a 1 for 1, or 2 for 2.

All trades proposed will be put to vote on the 1st of each month. Voting lasts a week, and is public. If 6 negative votes, the trade fails (wondering if it should be mandatory for coaches to vote?? thoughts?).

So key dates:

31st August - 2nd September: WXV Grand Final

3rd September: Trade Discussions Open

1st to 8th of October: 1st trade voting

1st to 8th of November: 2nd trade voting

1st to 8th of December: 3rd trade voting

15th December: 1st List Lodgements, including a list of retirements/delistings

18th December: Final Draft Order announced.

19th December: WXV National Draft**

Conclusion of Draft: 2nd List Lodgements, including a list of any more retirements/delistings

Once 2nd list lodgements have been given. we have the WXV Preseason/Rookie Draft***

Both drafts need to be finished by 1st February.

Approx 1st February - Final positions named.

8th - 21st February: 2nd Trade Period##

22nd February: Final Lists Announced.

** WXV National Draft Includes:
- All players drafted in the AFL National draft, except for players already listed in a WXV team (i.e. Jason Blake was delisted by St. Kilda last year, if that happens again, Moscow are under no obligation to delist him also)
- The 2 players selected in the Under 17 Mini Draft
- All World XV delistings that are still listed in AFL teams
- The few players that weren't selected in 2011, provided they are still on an AFL list
- EXCLUDES those selected in the AFL Preseason/Rookie drafts

At the end of the WXV Draft, lists can not exceed 41 players. If squads have less than 41, they will get picks in the Preseason draft. Before the draft, all players delisted by an AFL club who did not find another AFL club, must be delisted by the WXV team also.

*** WXV Preseason/Rookie Draft includes:
- All players remaining on AFL lists, including those selected in the AFL pre-season/Rookie drafts not already on a WXV list

Preseason draft, teams with less than 41 players will get first pick at the remaining players.

Rookie Draft will commence after Preseason draft. Squads sizes must be equal at either 45 or 46 players (depending on how many AFL players available).

## 2nd Trade Period

Much like last year, this trade period to help for any unwanted/unexpected positional changes. Maximum 4 player movements per club, with each trade having to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 or 4 for 4. Trades will be voted once a day.

So anyone can vote even if they aren't involved in the comp? All it will take is one coach to get other people to vote against a trade if it's public... 

meow meow

I think it means that coaches who object to the trade will have to say why on the forum, rather than in a PM to Ossie.