WXV Draft/Trading Timetable....

Started by ossie85, July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Timetable Proposed Off-Season Trading - nothing set in stone, comments? Proposed changes? Trying to make it so we have something to do in the off-season.

Trading begins: At the conclusion of WXV Grand Final

Trading concludes: Before WXV National/Preseason/Rookie drafts.

Trades to not have to be pick for pick, i.e. you can trade Scott Pendlebury for 2 players and 2 draft picks if you want, it doesn't have to be a 1 for 1, or 2 for 2.

All trades proposed will be put to vote on the 1st of each month. Voting lasts a week, and is public. If 6 negative votes, the trade fails (wondering if it should be mandatory for coaches to vote?? thoughts?).

So key dates:

31st August - 2nd September: WXV Grand Final

3rd September: Trade Discussions Open

10th September: 1st Trade Voting, every Monday from this date, trades will be voted. The 3rd December will be the last.

15th December: 1st List Lodgements, including a list of retirements/delistings

18th December: Final Draft Order announced.

19th December: WXV National Draft**

Conclusion of Draft: 2nd List Lodgements, including a list of any more retirements/delistings

Once 2nd list lodgements have been given. we have the WXV Preseason/Rookie Draft***

Both drafts need to be finished by 1st February.

Approx 1st February - Final positions named.

8th - 21st February: 2nd Trade Period##

22nd February: Final Lists Announced.

** WXV National Draft Includes:
- All players drafted in the AFL National draft, except for players already listed in a WXV team (i.e. Jason Blake was delisted by St. Kilda last year, if that happens again, Moscow are under no obligation to delist him also)
- The 2 players selected in the Under 17 Mini Draft
- All World XV delistings that are still listed in AFL teams
- The few players that weren't selected in 2011, provided they are still on an AFL list
- EXCLUDES those selected in the AFL Preseason/Rookie drafts

At the end of the WXV Draft, lists can not exceed 41 players. If squads have less than 41, they will get picks in the Preseason draft. Before the draft, all players delisted by an AFL club who did not find another AFL club, must be delisted by the WXV team also.

*** WXV Preseason/Rookie Draft includes:
- All players remaining on AFL lists, including those selected in the AFL pre-season/Rookie drafts not already on a WXV list

Preseason draft, teams with less than 41 players will get first pick at the remaining players.

Rookie Draft will commence after Preseason draft. Squads sizes must be equal at either 45 or 46 players (depending on how many AFL players available).

## 2nd Trade Period

Much like last year, this trade period to help for any unwanted/unexpected positional changes. Maximum 4 player movements per club, with each trade having to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3 or 4 for 4. Trades will be voted once a day.

Purple 77

Thats awesome oz, I agree and strongly support every idea!

I have already started some preliminary trade talks  :o

bomberboy0618

If anyone wants to talk trades I'll consider all offers.

Maca24

Awesome work Ossie!
So 1st trade period has no cap?

I'm also open for negotiations. Check my team page with who Im interested in trading.

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on July 13, 2012, 10:48:00 PM
Awesome work Ossie!
So 1st trade period has no cap?

The only cap is people voting your trades down :)

CrowsFan

Sounds good os :)

Just a heads up for those who have been struggling to field a ruck man all year. I'm willing to part with either Minson or Griffin if the right offer comes along ;)

Master Q

Like it.

Thoughts about Mid-Season trading?

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on July 16, 2012, 05:55:49 PM
Like it.

Still against it personally :)

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on July 16, 2012, 06:32:22 PM
Like it.

Out of curiosity, why? Not that you can trade whenever, but just one period? Would be too messy?

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on July 16, 2012, 06:59:14 PM
Like it.

Out of curiosity, why? Not that you can trade whenever, but just one period? Would be too messy?

I like the idea of having the off-season to set up your team. If you are short of certain players during the year, that is either bad management and you'll plan better next time, or bad luck which is part of any game. I also think trading is overrated in this match, it's not like you can buy low and sell high.

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on July 16, 2012, 07:34:21 PM
Quote from: Master Q on July 16, 2012, 06:59:14 PM
Like it.

I like the idea of having the off-season to set up your team. If you are short of certain players during the year, that is either bad management and you'll plan better next time, or bad luck which is part of any game. I also think trading is overrated in this match, it's not like you can buy low and sell high.
Fair enough. Thanks Os  ;)

Maca24

Holz

Good stuff Ossie its exactly what i was planning for the euro so im going to copy it. I didn't think you would go for the uneven trades but im happy there is no 1 for 1 trade restriction.

Im looking to do alot of trades in the worlds and euro.

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on July 16, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Good stuff Ossie its exactly what i was planning for the euro so im going to copy it. I didn't think you would go for the uneven trades but im happy there is no 1 for 1 trade restriction.

Is that coz your bottom in both?? :P

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on July 16, 2012, 11:06:10 PM

Cheers Holz, 1 for 1 will be in the 2nd trading period, but that is when we all have even lists