WXV Draft/Trading Timetable....

Started by ossie85, July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on September 22, 2012, 01:07:04 PM
I've cut 5 players already and I have 41 on my list?
For me to have 5 picks in the drafts I need to cut another 5!
Limit should be 45 players IMO

Are you saying that teams should have an uneven amount of players Maca?

CrowsFan

Maca why didn't you bring up these issues when I sent you the PM to come discuss this last week??

ossie85

Seriously though, was initially said to delist 10 players, and we (rightfully) negotiated it down to only 5.

If you rate any player on your list more than any player you can get in the draft, than don't delist them I guess.

Ringo

So if I am reading this last statement correctly I have 6 picks in the National Draft and if I choose to delist onl8 8 players i can pass 3 times in the PSD.

meow meow

Quote from: Ringo on September 22, 2012, 05:00:24 PM
So if I am reading this last statement correctly I have 6 picks in the National Draft and if I choose to delist onl8 8 players i can pass 3 times in the PSD.

Depends how many players you have on your list after the trade period.

Players on your list + picks used in the WXV national draft will fill 41 spots on your list.

If you end up with 50 players after the trade period you will need to delist 9 if you don't intend on using any picks in the WXV national draft. If you want to use picks, you need to delist one player for every pick you intend on using.

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 22, 2012, 01:47:40 PM
Maca why didn't you bring up these issues when I sent you the PM to come discuss this last week??
Must have been busy.
Its unfair for teams like Mexico and the Pumas who have lots of players who regularly play..
I have nobody to delist! And it seems unnecessary to make us delist all our players for the sake of it.
Of course I want to participate in the draft, but at this stage this doesnt look possible.

MajorLazer

Quote from: Maca24 on September 22, 2012, 05:12:50 PM
Must have been busy.
Its unfair for teams like Mexico and the Pumas who have lots of players who regularly play..
I have nobody to delist! And it seems unnecessary to make us delist all our players for the sake of it.
Of course I want to participate in the draft, but at this stage this doesnt look possible.
Make a few 2 for one trades like I have done. Cut down my list drastically.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Maca24 on September 22, 2012, 05:12:50 PM
Must have been busy.
I've only got 2 draft picks, but I've still managed to find 7 players who I can delist, so I think it's perfectly reasonable.

What I don't get is why everyone is delisting their players now when there is still 2 and a half months before we have to do it?

Maca24

I shouldn't have to delist guys like Alan Toovey and Matt White, when they get 22 AFL games a year.

CrowsFan

Well delist players who don't get games then. You can pick these guys back up again in the rookie draft anyway...

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 22, 2012, 05:35:14 PM
Well delist players who don't get games then. You can pick these guys back up again in the rookie draft anyway...
I thought you were on my side? :P

CrowsFan

Haha no I'm not. I wasn't happy when it was stipulated you had to delist 10, but much happier now it is a minimum 5, then extra if you want the nat draft picks :)

Maca24

I'll stand down on this one, because I've got nobody sharing my view :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Maca24 on September 22, 2012, 05:51:51 PM
I'll stand down on this one, because I've got nobody sharing my view :P

No one else won the premiership! lol

If anything CF and Ossie should find this the most irritating as they were over the points cap

ossie85

Maca if you think the players that you have are better than the ones you'd pick up in the draft - don't delist.

Or like meow said, trade :)