WXV Draft/Trading Timetable....

Started by ossie85, July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on July 17, 2012, 02:09:58 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 16, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Good stuff Ossie its exactly what i was planning for the euro so im going to copy it. I didn't think you would go for the uneven trades but im happy there is no 1 for 1 trade restriction.

Im looking to do alot of trades in the worlds and euro.
Is that coz your bottom in both?? :P

Only bottom in the worlds, you would probably have to be close to spoon favourites for the English though :)

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on July 17, 2012, 04:32:44 PM
Good stuff Ossie its exactly what i was planning for the euro so im going to copy it. I didn't think you would go for the uneven trades but im happy there is no 1 for 1 trade restriction.

Only bottom in the worlds, you would probably have to be close to spoon favourites for the English though :)
Doubt it. :P Nails is a genius.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: PowerBug on July 17, 2012, 08:21:17 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 17, 2012, 04:32:44 PM

Doubt it. :P Nails is a genius.
Nice ironic use of the word ironic.

Purple 77

I just had idea, but it could be pretty stupid.

Now I reckon I'm not the only person in the Worlds (see what I did there  :P) that may have a few too many players of a particular club. This can pose a problem because if that club was to play a bad game, a chunk of your team will score bad as well, its happened to me too many times  :-[. So what I'm proposing, is to offer a "depth package," which consists of a older player, a mid-aged player and a young player, that aren't necessarily all that good (in Supercoach terms anyway), but good enough to pinch the odd game in the starting 15.

For example, a team could offer (if they had the players):

Josh Hunt, Daniel Jackson and Bryce Retzlaff

These players, ideally, are players that you have too much of a certain club, or simply just isn't quite there, but could be serviceable to another club. Fringe players basically. 

In return, obviously, would be a depth package that is basically exactly the same in value, trading a rock for a rock.

Who knows, that rock you get might get the next Ivan Maric or another huge improver. You could get rid of a player just before they get an ACL (sorry hp  ;)), or you could get rid of players you have too much from a club.

Anyway, just an idea that I'm interested to do, and in the end its just a bit of trade fun....... i love trade talks  :D

CrowsFan

Purps it's not our fault you decided to draft so many Demons :P

ossie85

Not a bad idea Purps, I'm looking to off load some of my fringe defenders for instance, particularly with some teams struggling to field a defense would do well to have Maxwell, O'Brien, Mackenzie, etc all averaging in the 70s

Ringo

The London Royals will be looking to off load defenders and mids in exchange for forawrds and rucks during trade period.

Purple 77

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 20, 2012, 08:40:35 PM
Purps it's not our fault you decided to draft so many Demons :P
.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Yes I know. My bad. Lol. But I still think most of my demons will be good scorers one day!                                                                                                                    And I think a lot of people will be doing the same thing  too ringo, rucks and forwards are hard to come by it seems ;)

Ringo

When I analysed the Royals squad I only have 8 forwards so obviously need to get some depth here.  Thankfully Post made the final cut to allow 4 designated forwards to play.

meow meow

Picking a reliable ruck in the first round, then taking a showerload of forwards and backs is starting to make sense now. Mids are the easiest to pick up in future drafts. Not many teams are going to be selecting mids in the national draft so Moscow can get some bargains. Caolan Mooney, Ben Sinclair, Tom Williams will all be listed as forwards next year, adding to the already impressive forward depth.

Deals will be done.

PowerBug

I like my Port players Purple! :P

PowerBug

And after tonights game i love them. :D Paul Stewart a steal in the 2nd last round. :D

Purple 77

Just putting Brent Moloney out there if anyone is interested. He has had a terrible year but his previous years have been consistent, reliable and averaging in the 90's. Would prefer a solid defender or forward in return, but since this is very early days, my needs might change and any "unofficial deal" or agreement made might still not go through, but I'm definitely seeking to trade Brent Moloney - pretty much the only reason being is that I have too many demons  :-[

FisherSaints

Hi guys all player except Rocky and Zorko available. Keen to get rid of Dal Santo looking for forwards and rucks

Holz

Im willing to trade away my best player, Calan Ward only 22 years of age and is averaging 107. Desperately need a good young forward.