Buddy for goodes?

Started by n.r.i., July 12, 2012, 11:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n.r.i.

With 7 trades and my team looking like this:

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Carrazzo, Broughton, Shaw, Lake.       Smedts, Spurr
Mid: Ablett, Swan, Boyd, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thompson.                       Gibson, McDonald
Ruck: Cox, Giles.                                                                                          Redden, Stephenson
Fwd: Beams, Buddy, Sidebottom, Robinson, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko.     Delolio, Crozier

(only 14 k btw!)

Anyways, back to the point, if I trade buddy to goodes I can make Giles maric, leaving me with 5 trades and virtually all rookies off field, besides Zorko, only problem is no buddy!?

Should I do it or hold off and save trades.?

Jezza14

do that but don't upgrade Giles to maric, keep the cash to upgrade zorko back to buddy when he comes back.
Just my opionon

LaHug

Quote from: Jezza14 on July 12, 2012, 11:23:14 PM
do that but don't upgrade Giles to maric, keep the cash to upgrade zorko back to buddy when he comes back.
Just my opionon
This or Martin to Buddy. Whoever is struggling most at the time Buddy returns!

Flame

I've been contemplating this trade! Sounds good in theory! Buddy to Goodes and then Shiel to Boyd! Not sure if it is worth burning 2 trades as I have only 5 left!

stew42

Quote from: Flame on July 12, 2012, 11:30:02 PM
I've been contemplating this trade! Sounds good in theory! Buddy to Goodes and then Shiel to Boyd! Not sure if it is worth burning 2 trades as I have only 5 left!
The buddy to Goodes trade is looking very tempting, as Hall is now playing and has sooooooo much money to make...

Mr.Craig

If it was just Buddy to Goodes I'd be saying no but if you throw in Giles to Maric...yes yes yes.

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on July 13, 2012, 12:32:31 AM
If it was just Buddy to Goodes I'd be saying no but if you throw in Giles to Maric...yes yes yes.
I'm thinking Buddy to Goodes and Giles to Cox...

Zombie2.5

Hmmmm, don't like the look of Crozier & Dell'olio on your bench.... and even Jmac on your mid bench plus throw in Spurr... :-\

Not sure you can do much about it, but you should give that a thought...

Artax

Quote from: LaHug on July 13, 2012, 12:58:04 AM

I've gone Shiel to Goodes & Giles to Cox..

Holding Buddy

LaHug

Would have to trade out Martin, Buddy or Crozier to avoid a donut and can't afford to go Crozier to anyone...

Artax

Fireballz

I'd go Jmac to Couch and Giles to Maric/Cox.
Your starting team is solid mate so no need to waste 2 trades getting rid of buddy and getting him back. There's still a good 6 weeks or so for injuries and form slumps so use your trades to improve your starting team and use your rookies to make money rather than premos with 2 week injuries.

Fireballz

Quote from: LaHug on July 13, 2012, 01:44:09 AM
Would have to trade out Martin, Buddy or Crozier to avoid a donut and can't afford to go Crozier to anyone...
Jmac to Couch and then sub him to the fwd line for Crozier. Delolio is named right?

LaHug

Quote from: Fireballz on July 13, 2012, 01:49:12 AM
Quote from: LaHug on July 13, 2012, 01:44:09 AM
Jmac to Couch and then sub him to the fwd line for Crozier. Delolio is named right?
Sorry, I was talking about my own team just then. I also have Martin, Buddy and Crozier out with D. Smith named. My mid benchies are C.Smith and Gibson who both have heaps of cash to make...

Hippo

Quote from: LaHug on July 13, 2012, 12:58:04 AM
This is exactly what i have done