LaHug's Captains Round 16 - New Top 5!!!

Started by LaHug, July 11, 2012, 04:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your captain?

Swan
35 (42.7%)
Boyd
16 (19.5%)
Thompson
20 (24.4%)
Selwood
1 (1.2%)
Mitchell
0 (0%)
Pendlebury
2 (2.4%)
Someone else
8 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Mr.Craig

Big game on the big stage...I'll back in the Big Pig.

LaHug

Quote from: bigballs on July 11, 2012, 07:55:17 PM
LaHug thanks for the great work. The stat about Richmond only giving up 1 ton per game in the last week is misleading. They played, GWS, Adelaide and Melbourne. GWS and Melbourne have no good players and against Adelaide Scotty T scored 128. If you look at matches previous to the last 3, midfielders have done quite well against the Tigers. De Boer, Watson and Stanton all had quite big scores.

I love reading your captain choices every week, but I think and hope you have underestimated GAZ!
Yeah, the stats are somewhat misleading, always the case with stats. However, although against teams that aren't that special, Richmond have stepped up their "hold the football" style of play, suffocating potential scores. And the game against Fremantle was a bit of an anomaly with Richmond playing horribly all day...

LaHug

Quote from: Ash A on July 11, 2012, 10:06:48 PM
Great work LaHug!!

Probably wont go this option but wouldnt mind having a look at a prediction.
Patrick Dangerfield ;)
cheers mate
Had a look. Obviously, there is potential, but I don't see him going huge.

gazelle4

Im hoping your 100% spot on Lahug, your top 5 are my mids  :D ill be putting the big C on jelwood to go big!

KoopKicka

Great work again LH

Another left-field one for ya. JPK :)

DT Gun

Deledio has been playing midfield and resting forward this year but i think he will play a lot more time in the mids this week with martin and foley out.. He simply has to!

Also Maric plays against rookie rucks so i would expect him to go big aswell...

Deledio for me!
Swanny VC

LaHug

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 12, 2012, 02:28:49 PM
Great work again LH

Another left-field one for ya. JPK :)
Sorry, been in bed sick all day, will have a look now!

Quote from: DT Gun on July 12, 2012, 03:10:02 PM
Deledio has been playing midfield and resting forward this year but i think he will play a lot more time in the mids this week with martin and foley out.. He simply has to!

Also Maric plays against rookie rucks so i would expect him to go big aswell...

Deledio for me!
Swanny VC
Lids should be good but I can't look past the Great Dane.

henry

I reckon I'll have to go with Swan, as I'm playing a team I should beat comfortably so don't want to risk missing out on another huge score. Tossing up between Deledio and Mitchell for VC, which may be required if Swan doesn't pull up alright.

Ricochet

thanks again for the effort every week LH!
Swanny for me

stew42

Couch??? I tip him for 140 on debut.

Lol, don't do a review on him though :)

Mr.Craig

The stats don't paint a pretty picture but I think Robbo could do alright against the Kangas.

Last 3 - 84, 115, 109

Last 3 at Etihad - 87, 53, 70

Last 3 vs NM - 34, 54, 95

I can see him scoring around 120 if he's switched on.

Windigo

Swan or Boyd for me.

But I think I'll go Swanny this week. With only a low of 95 (when injured) you'd be crazy not to go him.

Memphistopheles

Great thread LaHug - great read every week and i'll be paying more attention this week after going Ablett over Boyd last week.

However, one thing which really bugs me about your thread and other captain threads around the place is that all the predictions for these players are over 100.

No way all of these players will score a ton (I realise that in the requests you have listed a couple of players as 90 and one as 80) but it seems every one suggested is always 100, 110, 120 or 130.

Evidenced last week with Sidey, Beams, Watson, Stanton, Kennedy, Rocky, Redden and Buddy all failing to make it.

As I don't want to just use this post to rant I'm going to make a suggestion which I think would improve the captains thread each week.

In a addition to the top 5 can you also do a prediction of the top five options who could bomb out (I.E. score 70-80) ?

The two most important things when picking a captain for me are: Who could get the highest score and who is most likely not to score below 100. Which means I usually end up going for the safe Ablett/Boyd option.

This thread puts me off slightly because it's like - all these guys listed (which is mainly the same each week) are safe options to get to 100, 110, 120, 130 which is not the case IMO.

Chelskiman

I won't be doing it, but just for interests sake can you do Cox for me?

LF

Well Calvins number one this week is Swan so therefore I`m picking someone else since he still seems to be jinxing the number one choice.