Waters Out 3-5 weeeks

Started by ddomrow, July 09, 2012, 07:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddomrow

Just read this on twitter, i thought my backline was set >:( Now what?

http://t.co/arYpsJDy

KnightRyder

What was the surgery? Was it just a clean out? Will he be back to fitness in 3-5 weeks, you would assume they would want him back against Geelong, which will be the first week of DT finals.

Hold or Trade......

CrowsFan

Surgery was an arthroscopy, which is keyhole surgery. Basically it's just a clean out and he will be fine. Should be running this week, so wont be losing any fitness

KnightRyder

Cool, thanks for the info CrowsFan, gives me a bit more faith in holding onto him.  I could see him out for 4, then they bring him back for Geelong.  Got Shaw and Darley to cover for him; as long as Sheedy doesn't keep screwing with Darley.

Flame

May have to trade him out if Darley doesn't play!

chaosAD

Ziplock

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 09, 2012, 08:00:08 PM
Surgery was an arthroscopy, which is keyhole surgery. Basically it's just a clean out and he will be fine. Should be running this week, so wont be losing any fitness

I had a pretty major arthroscopy a few years back, where they basically chopped out 1/3 of my cartilage.  It hurts substantially more than you're told it will, because even though the cartilage doesn't have nerves, they have to chop through muscle to get to it lol. I don't think he'll be running this week, but should be by next week.

egosbar

main reason i didnt get him  - INJURY PRONE , ok its one trade but will hurt those who only have 2 or 3 left

charliesheen

I guess thats the issue with trading in injury prone mid pricers.  Better to start with them or forget about them altogether, because it could be potentially 2 trades instead 1.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on July 09, 2012, 08:13:51 PM

I had a pretty major arthroscopy a few years back, where they basically chopped out 1/3 of my cartilage.  It hurts substantially more than you're told it will, because even though the cartilage doesn't have nerves, they have to chop through muscle to get to it lol. I don't think he'll be running this week, but should be by next week.
From what I read it was only minor. I've had 2 arthroscopies before, once on my knee and once on my ankle. Guess it just depends on exactly what they did. May not have even removed anything from his knee the could have just been checking it out...

m1tch robo

Excellent news, finally non waters owners have something to  ;D about

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 09, 2012, 08:27:07 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on July 09, 2012, 08:13:51 PM

From what I read it was only minor. I've had 2 arthroscopies before, once on my knee and once on my ankle. Guess it just depends on exactly what they did. May not have even removed anything from his knee the could have just been checking it out...
I sincerely hope you are right.

Diesels Pups

rider

Quote from: m1tch robo on July 09, 2012, 08:39:47 PM
Excellent news, finally non waters owners have something to  ;D about

+1 DT
-1 SC

Ricochet

next year we should be allowed 50 trades... might have a chance of covering injuries then