LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140906/default.aspx

Wellingham 3 weeks reduced from 5 weeks
Shuey 2 weeks
Bartel 2 weeks
Hocking 2 weeks
Matt White(Tigers)3 weeks

Kellogscrunchynut

3 weeks seems fair he could have easily got 5.

LF

Tominator

Wellingham quickly accepted it too, he knows he's bloody lucky... deserved to be 6 down to 5 not 5 down to 3

nostradamus

l was at the game.......very low act, should have been 8 down to 5

*l'm unbiased here, am an Essendon supporter and dont like either Carlton or Collingwood

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Tominator on July 09, 2012, 05:14:49 PM
Wellingham quickly accepted it too, he knows he's bloody lucky... deserved to be 6 down to 5 not 5 down to 3

Reduced from 5 to 3, everyone knows he did something wrong.... you'd be crazy not to accept it.

LF

I personally think the early guilty plea in any case is bullshower
They should just give them the weeks they deserve for the incident.

Tominator

how does this work??

Cameron:      Reckless Conduct (2 points), High Contact (2 points)
Wellingham:  Reckless Conduct (2 points), High Contact (2 points)

Only thing separating the two charges was that Wellingham got severe impact and Cameron got low impact

Two completely different incidents - nothing in Cameron's, yet Wellingham broke Simpson' jaw and they are still charged on the same level in 2 of the 3 aspects. MRP are a joke.

Mr.Craig

Tominator

I heard the MRP (Match Review Panel) have changed their name to the CPP (Collingwood Protection Panel)  ::)

TheHanger

Quote from: Tominator on July 09, 2012, 05:37:17 PM
how does this work??

Only thing separating the two charges was that Wellingham got severe impact and Cameron got low impact

Two completely different incidents - nothing in Cameron's, yet Wellingham broke Simpson' jaw and they are still charged on the same level in 2 of the 3 aspects. MRP are a joke.

seems fair enough, it was reckless and high contact. and the breaking of the jaw was cause by the sever impact, look im an Essendon supporter and it was 5 to 3 due to his good record and guilty plea.

the reason you get a big reduction for early guilty plea is because, doesn't waste tribunals time, and shows you accept you did something wrong

I am happy enough with 5 weeks, and reduced due to good record

Tominator

Quote from: TheHanger on July 09, 2012, 07:21:12 PM
how does this work??

seems fair enough, it was reckless and high contact. and the breaking of the jaw was cause by the sever impact, look im an Essendon supporter and it was 5 to 3 due to his good record and guilty plea.

the reason you get a big reduction for early guilty plea is because, doesn't waste tribunals time, and shows you accept you did something wrong

yep you make good points there, but I don't think Cameron's was intentional yet Wellingham's clearly was.

I still think 5 down to 4 would've been better though

WizzFizz

Chopps

Quote from: Tominator on July 09, 2012, 08:44:28 PM
Quote from: TheHanger on July 09, 2012, 07:21:12 PM
how does this work??

yep you make good points there, but I don't think Cameron's was intentional yet Wellingham's clearly was.

I still think 5 down to 4 would've been better though

think its 5 reduced to 4 due to 25% reduction for good behaviour then reduced to 3 for early plea

Windigo

Only 3?  :o

Should have been 6 down to 4 at least.

Guerra got 3 for his bump didn't he?

Sharon's broke the guys jaw & severely concussed him?

I don't think a good record can apply for some incidents. It's like saying it's your first murder, so you should get a reduced penalty for a being a good bloke before hand.  :P