Previous topic - Next topic

Trade Goodes in for Martin?

Yes
8 (42.1%)
No
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Fireballz

I know there's been a lot about Goodes already but I want to straight swap him in for Martin and I reckon a few others will be thinking the same.
Looks to be a no brainer but Swans have a tough run home with WCE, Collingwood, Hawks, Blues (they're back!) and Cats to come. Richmond however have a pretty good run home so wondering who will average more?

Windigo

Goodes is a star and with his track record with smashing second halves I don't think the opposition will matter much.

But getting Goodes last week for Martin was a better time to get him?

That way you got 2 weeks of Goodes & no Martin... ???

Toga

yeah don't reckon its worth the trade seeing martz is only out for one more week...

Fireballz

Yeah I expected a scorea round 80 from him this week so hadn't really even considered the trade but then he smashed it out so I want hime in my life again.
Scored 2272 and won all my league games playing Gibson instead anyway so no harm done and Goodes' price dropped enough for it to be almost the same as Martin (only $4k in the bank).

Toga

Quote from: Fireballz on July 09, 2012, 11:09:50 AM
Yeah I expected a scorea round 80 from him this week so hadn't really even considered the trade but then he smashed it out so I want hime in my life again.
Scored 2272 and won all my league games playing Gibson instead anyway so no harm done and Goodes' price dropped enough for it to be almost the same as Martin (only $4k in the bank).

how many trades you got? i guess it is a luxury trade and if you can afford it go ahead but with all the carnage this season i'd probably save the trade...

Fireballz

6 left for me so I think I can spare it

Windigo

I think you'd have to be certain that Goodes will average way more than D-mart for it to be worth it.

Tigers easy draw has been well documented. But I think that was over accentuated by them playing Gold Coast...He is missing that game.

With 6 trades left it's not out of the question...

fertalong

I really want to do this trade too, but with a complete team, dmart at F7 and only 3 trades left, I just can't do it!

Toga

Quote from: Fireballz on July 09, 2012, 11:14:06 AM

well then that could be an ok trade then... are you still playing zorko on the field?

another possiblity (just suggesting) would be to trade out a rookie in your midfield (price permitting) for Goodes, allowing you to use Dusty as a floating cover for your forwards and mids using DPP! If i had the trades I would definitely do this, even if this took you down to 4 trades I would consider it!

Fireballz

Quote from: Toga on July 09, 2012, 11:28:26 AM

well then that could be an ok trade then... are you still playing zorko on the field?

another possiblity (just suggesting) would be to trade out a rookie in your midfield (price permitting) for Goodes, allowing you to use Dusty as a floating cover for your forwards and mids using DPP! If i had the trades I would definitely do this, even if this took you down to 4 trades I would consider it!
Yeah still  playing Zorko he's my F7. Think i'm locking in Goodesy but may be down to 4 trades anyway coz I have Waters :(

Ajax22

I don't think it's worth it. Whilst Goodes should be a good option from now, tough draw shouldn't mean much since Sydney will likely be very competitive with most of those teams anyway. Goodes also seems to have a habit of almost going better against the good teams, seems to fall asleep at times when the Swans have an easy win.

My issue is that Martin may well come out and start absolutely smashing it. He's had the wake up call now and should be out to prove his worth. Couple that with the easier draw for the tigers and Martin may well go nuts. Saying that tho it is a risk and he may continue to get tagged into the 80's but I'm personally gonna back him to finish the season strongly

j959

Shouldn't this topic now read "Buddy to Goodes"??   ;)   :o   :-\

Artax

Quote from: Toga on July 09, 2012, 11:28:26 AM

This is what I am doing.. Shiel to Goodes then moving him fwd to cover Buddy. Will asses what to do with Martin once Buddy is back

SydneyRox

I did it last week. Still think it is a good idea, Goodes will outscore Martin almost every day and twice on Sundays

Toga

Quote from: Ajax22 on July 09, 2012, 09:51:20 PM
I don't think it's worth it. Whilst Goodes should be a good option from now, tough draw shouldn't mean much since Sydney will likely be very competitive with most of those teams anyway. Goodes also seems to have a habit of almost going better against the good teams, seems to fall asleep at times when the Swans have an easy win.

My issue is that Martin may well come out and start absolutely smashing it. He's had the wake up call now and should be out to prove his worth. Couple that with the easier draw for the tigers and Martin may well go nuts. Saying that tho it is a risk and he may continue to get tagged into the 80's but I'm personally gonna back him to finish the season strongly

i think you've hit the nail on the head here: as a big dusty fan, in my opinion, he has been a bit complacent this year and just seems to be a bit lazy when he's playing...

hopefully with all of this sleeping in scandal, he should pull his head in and do what's right for the club, which i believe he definitely can do!

Bring on the big scores dusty!