Gilbee

Started by powersuperkents, July 09, 2012, 01:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Will Lindsay Gilbee be back with the big scores this season???

gossiboy

Hagebear

yeh agree with gossiboy. 1st game back and cops a forward tag from broughton, and until murphy gets back there will be more of the same, aaaand the bulldogs (except boyd) are that shower theyre pretty much DT irrelevant this year. Always had gilbee in my team in previous years but his DT days r well behind him.

Justin Bieber

I was hoping he didn't play at all this year nad would be cheap next year  :-\

LaHug

Quote from: whatlez on July 09, 2012, 11:41:17 AM
I was hoping he didn't play at all this year nad would be cheap next year  :-\
+1
Wanted a Lake/Hargrave situation. Real life coaches are ruining our plans...

powersuperkents

Is Nathan Grima a promising player to finish my backline with? I believe he just had a few good weeks and that was it? I'm thinking of waiting a few weeks to complete my team and allow Adams to rise in price so I can downgrade him for more?

What do you all think??

I want to have enough money left over for a Scott Selwood upgrade aswell!!

LaHug

Who is your current backline? I'm sure there are better options left than Lake and Grima...

fertalong

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 09, 2012, 02:19:25 PM
Is Nathan Grima a promising player to finish my backline with? I believe he just had a few good weeks and that was it? I'm thinking of waiting a few weeks to complete my team and allow Adams to rise in price so I can downgrade him for more?

What do you all think??

I want to have enough money left over for a Scott Selwood upgrade aswell!!

I think he's great, but too injury prone. Kinda like Grimes with a little less scoring potential.

KoopKicka

Quote from: LaHug on July 09, 2012, 02:20:24 PM
Who is your current backline? I'm sure there are better options left than Lake and Grima...

Pearce Hanley?

powersuperkents

My Current Backline Consists of:

Deledio, Waters, Goddard, Carrazzo, Birchall, Broughton, Sam Shaw, Spurr (plan to upgrade so Shaw provides bench cover), Redpath

LaHug

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 09, 2012, 05:52:51 PM

Deledio, Waters, Goddard, Carrazzo, Birchall, Broughton, Sam Shaw, Spurr (plan to upgrade so Shaw provides bench cover), Redpath
Scotland or Suckling would be your best bets.

powersuperkents

Quote from: LaHug on July 09, 2012, 07:35:50 PM

Do you think I even need to upgrade Selwood, My Midfield 6 last year was Montagna which would be similar to Scooter this season. He would be an alright midfield 6 and extremely high ceiling. I could also try to upgrade Giles which I believe is a higher priority, after upgrading Spurr that is...

LaHug

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 09, 2012, 08:00:08 PM

Do you think I even need to upgrade Selwood, My Midfield 6 last year was Montagna which would be similar to Scooter this season. He would be an alright midfield 6 and extremely high ceiling. I could also try to upgrade Giles which I believe is a higher priority, after upgrading Spurr that is...
Depends who your mids are. If you don't have one of Boyd, Swan, Ablett, then it'd be good to go Scooter to one of them! But it all comes down to how many trades you have, what the rest of your team is like, etc. This isn't the time of year to be skimping on premiums so, if you're going to upgrade a back, it should be to a proven star! Same with mids, rucks, forwards. People shouldn't be looking for the cheap option unless there are signs that they're going to smash it for the remainder of the season.

powersuperkents

Quote from: LaHug on July 09, 2012, 08:26:04 PM

Depends who your mids are. If you don't have one of Boyd, Swan, Ablett, then it'd be good to go Scooter to one of them! But it all comes down to how many trades you have, what the rest of your team is like, etc. This isn't the time of year to be skimping on premiums so, if you're going to upgrade a back, it should be to a proven star! Same with mids, rucks, forwards. People shouldn't be looking for the cheap option unless there are signs that they're going to smash it for the remainder of the season.
I only have three trades left...
My Midfield Consists of:
Swan, Ablett, Watson, Rockliff, Ebert, Scooter, Gibson, Newell

KoopKicka

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 10, 2012, 12:22:20 AM
Quote from: LaHug on July 09, 2012, 08:26:04 PM

I only have three trades left...
My Midfield Consists of:
Swan, Ablett, Watson, Rockliff, Ebert, Scooter, Gibson, Newell

I wouldnt bother trading Scooter, already got Swan,Ablett,Watto and Rockliff and the best POD IMO in the comp in ebert. So I wouldnt :) especially with 3 trades left.