Crunch time

Started by quinny88, July 08, 2012, 11:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Team is as follows:

B- Deledio, Goddard, H.Shaw, Birchall, Johnson, Carrazzo, Lake (Darley, Spurr)

M- Ablett, Pendles, Jelwood, Boyd, Thompson, Priddis (Treloar, Gibson)

R- NicNat, Giles (BigO, Redden)

F- Franklin, Sidey, Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, Pearce, Zorko (Crozier, Hall)

4 trades remaining $78k in the bank

Clancee Pearce > Goodes

Or hold the trade?

The Supercoach

i would hold, otherwise you would  be left with 3 trades with to many rounds left  and when it comes down to finals you will be struggling if things dont go your way

Spinking

I reckon it's a good trade but 3 trades left this far out is a risk. You would want to hold off any trades for at least 3 or 4 more weeks after that...

The Bomber

Only if this week is a must win match.

Note: Beams is falling in price. Pearce's next month (Melb, GWS, Port). Should score well. Maybe in a couple of weeks you could do Pearce-->Beams instead. Later on in the season so if any surprises come up between now and then you won't regret a trade this week...

quinny88

Quote from: Spinking on July 09, 2012, 12:02:12 AM
I reckon it's a good trade but 3 trades left this far out is a risk. You would want to hold off any trades for at least 3 or 4 more weeks after that...

Yeah that would be me done for the season. Would use the last 3 for injury only

quinny88

Quote from: The Bomber on July 09, 2012, 12:04:18 AM
Only if this week is a must win match.

Note: Beams is falling in price. Pearce's next month (Melb, GWS, Port). Should score well. Maybe in a couple of weeks you could do Pearce-->Beams instead. Later on in the season so if any surprises come up between now and then you won't regret a trade this week...

Its a good point, but i cant see beams ever dropping enough to be able to grab. im worried goodes is my last chance for a bargain

poolboybob

I'd pull the trigger now. Pearce has been pretty average since a hot start and Goodes' price is only going to go up from here, as long as he stays healthy.

Crouchy182

Im in a similar conundrum and have looked in to it pretty heavily here are the things ive considered.

I did a standard deviation on them. Turned out Goodes adjusted average to be 102.25 and Pearces adjusted average of 86.1
so its a difference of 16.15 points a game more you will get.

Freo's run home is alot easier; Melbourne, GWS, Port, West Coast, Adelaide, Richmond, North Melbourne and Melbourne again
against Sydneys ; West Coast, St Kilda, Carlton, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Geelong

I don't think either player is a chance of being rested but with already an injury this year would have to say Goodes is more susceptible.

It finally came down to the trades and like you i only have 4 left and in the end i think the risk outweighs the reward in score difference.

I hope this helped and i hope another bargain comes along at finals time when we can jump on.