Assistance required

Started by gossiboy, July 08, 2012, 11:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gossiboy

Here's my team:

3 trades, $45,800 in the bank.

Def: Goddard, Lids, Johnson, Carrots, Suckling, Lake, Dempsey (Brown, S. Shaw)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Priddis, Watson, A. Swallow, Jelwood (Gibson, Mitchell)

Ruck: Nic Nat, Giles (Campbell, Pattison)

Forwards: Buddy, Dusty M, Dangerfield, Roughy, Stevie J, Cloke, Zorko (Saad, Couch)

I need to get rid of Giles, preferably by swapping Roughy into my rucks and trading Giles to a forward but options are limited. I was hoping to trade Giles -> Goodes but due to me thinking Goodes' BE was 200+, Goodes being a superstar and Giles having completely burnt out Goodes is now out of my price range.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? Trade or save trades?

gossiboy

Should also point out that I'm only in it for league glory.

The Bomber

How are you sitting in your leagues? Comfortable top 8 (or 4)?

quinny88

With 3 trades i wouldnt be doing anything mate

gossiboy

Quote from: The Bomber on July 08, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

Top 4 in 3 of my leagues but sitting 12th in my cash league. Albeit only 1 win off 4th and my percentage is about 1% lower than most teams in the top 8, suppose I may as well stick it out with Giles or swap roughy into the rucks for pattison and put Saad on the field?

Spinking

I'd hold off for the moment. Giles is slowing down, but I'd make that cross trade on the eve of the finals or if he gets injured. It's been a bit of a lottery with rucks this season...

The Bomber

Quote from: gossiboy on July 08, 2012, 11:13:03 PM

Top 4 in 3 of my leagues but sitting 12th in my cash league. Albeit only 1 win off 4th and my percentage is about 1% lower than most teams in the top 8, suppose I may as well stick it out with Giles or swap roughy into the rucks for pattison and put Saad on the field?

Easy run till finals in your league? Or like Adelaide it is a cruise home till the finals?

First thought is hold. You don't desperately need wins. Also I doubt Saad will play next week. Played over 1/2 the match with a bunged knee. Didn't look comfortable initially and thought he would get subbed. I guess him playing the game out is a good thing but may be rested to let that leg recover.

GWS vs. Adelaide next week. Should get more of the ball than they did against Hawks. Giles should score better. (for my sake and yours).

gossiboy

Quote from: The Bomber on July 08, 2012, 11:17:01 PM

Easy run till finals in your league? Or like Adelaide it is a cruise home till the finals?

First thought is hold. You don't desperately need wins. Also I doubt Saad will play next week. Played over 1/2 the match with a bunged knee. Didn't look comfortable initially and thought he would get subbed. I guess him playing the game out is a good thing but may be rested to let that leg recover.

GWS vs. Adelaide next week. Should get more of the ball than they did against Hawks. Giles should score better. (for my sake and yours).

Most of the games from here on in are 50/50 in the cash league, seeing as I've had rotten luck all year hopefully I'll have a run of good luck from here on in.

Giles scoring better would benefit 60% of supercoaches, was Saad injured? I was at the game being a bombers supporter and I thought he killed us, great forward line pressure - I'd hate to see what he would have done to us if he was fit. Giles shower scores don't really mean that much in leagues anyway as 90% of decent supercoaches have him anyway.

The Bomber

Quote from: gossiboy on July 08, 2012, 11:21:36 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on July 08, 2012, 11:17:01 PM

Most of the games from here on in are 50/50 in the cash league, seeing as I've had rotten luck all year hopefully I'll have a run of good luck from here on in.

Giles scoring better would benefit 60% of supercoaches, was Saad injured? I was at the game being a bombers supporter and I thought he killed us, great forward line pressure - I'd hate to see what he would have done to us if he was fit. Giles shower scores don't really mean that much in leagues anyway as 90% of decent supercoaches have him anyway.

Exactly.

Saad hurt his knee in the 2nd qtr. Looked like he was going to be subbed off but i guess when he warmed up he got his mobility back. I just annoyed how the Bombers were playing so I changed channels. Didn't see how he did nt he second half. be interesting to see how he pulls up this week.

But that is a side note. If you check your opponents team you can see whether they have Giles or not. If so then play him or if not then take a chance on Saad. You don't really need to spend a trade on him this week.

EZA100

look if you wanna take the risk i would go

roughy to rucks giles to either lewis/robinson. but if you wanna stay safe then just stick with giles you never know he might come good again. not very good cover in the forward line either. saad hurt his knee in the game but got through the game. i would just use saad as the decider on whether you trade or not if his out do the trade if his in don't do the trade but that depends on if you want to cop the 0?