The flower is wrong with Stanton?

Started by mdub, July 08, 2012, 10:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdub

one minute he can stop scoring over 150, now he struggles to pass 100

Kellogscrunchynut

Having your team flogged never helps and I heard a stat from channel seven that he has the most marks in the AFL and with the Saints locking out their centre corridor last night he struggled.

NFI Police

Biggest downhill skier in the AFL...if his team mates arent winning the contested ball...no stanton

ossie85

Stanton's not a premium, that's why!

Colliwobblers

he is just like any other outside midfielder relies on his inside mids to feed him, exactly what was said above, the saints shut down the corridor and thats where he gets most of his ball, plus for the first half he had company and was well held.

Flame

He has a bad record against St Kilda! Should ton up next week hopefully!

Rowan1812

Stanton is a terrible player. Only scores well when no one mans him up. He gets lots of cheap possies and roams the back line and gets the handball receive. When he is manned up on he can't shake the tag. Not happy with having him in my super coach. When he was killing it at the start of the year, teams worked out that if you tag him he won't get the pill much and essendon won't do as well.

its me lads

Quote from: NFI Police on July 08, 2012, 10:09:40 AM
Biggest downhill skier in the AFL...if his team mates arent winning the contested ball...no stanton
+1

Quote from: ossie85 on July 08, 2012, 10:21:20 AM

+1

rider

Quote from: its me lads on July 08, 2012, 12:07:42 PM
Quote from: NFI Police on July 08, 2012, 10:09:40 AM
+1

Quote from: ossie85 on July 08, 2012, 10:21:20 AM

+1

Stanton is inconsistent, but still a premium!

Justin Bieber

Nope, Stanton is the biggest person in the AFL atm. Never seen him get the hard ball, all his ball was outside shower. He is probably the most overrated player out there and averages less than 1:3 in contested footy. Essendon should be embarrassed to have him as your second best midfielder. No wonder thet can't win anymore...

Spinking

There are some blokes on here who really rate Stanton, but I'm not one of them. His improvement has coincided with JW becoming an elite mid and is getting much higher quality outside ball. He is a very good player but not in the best handful in my opinion.

Windigo

He is a good player. You cannot sit here & say that getting 30+ possessions isn't good.

But I'd say he isn't elite and will never be rated as one of the greats. Just a 'good average player' if that makes sense?  ???

Flame

Who cares if he is a good player or not as long as he gets the points! Isn't he ranked no 1 for total points! This is DT we are talking about!

In saying that he needs a big score this week!!!!

Windigo

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: whatlez on July 08, 2012, 01:07:02 PM
Nope, Stanton is the biggest person in the AFL atm. Never seen him get the hard ball, all his ball was outside shower. He is probably the most overrated player out there and averages less than 1:3 in contested footy. Essendon should be embarrassed to have him as your second best midfielder. No wonder thet can't win anymore...

flowering agree with every word you just said he is the cheapest ball winner ever and this is also why he will never win a brownlow so the losers that keep backing him into short odds, save your money and back a contested ball winner like selwood or judd