Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

Usain Bolt is undoubtedly the greatest.  Lightning Bolt has strike twice in the Olympics 100m 2008 and 2012, now he has the 200m to come.......

Fletch74

Quote from: fidou on August 06, 2012, 08:00:30 AM
Usain Bolt is undoubtedly the greatest.  Lightning Bolt has strike twice in the Olympics 100m 2008 and 2012, now he has the 200m to come.......
Yep, a true legend, especially after he wins the 200m as well.

Big congrats to 19yo Steve Solomon, a contraversial selection, on making the final. Lets hope this forever shuts John Stefanson up  :-X

Good luck tonight to Shane Perkins, Solomon, Alana Boyd, Michael Diamond (leading the trap qualification - wonder if 9 will show) and the best of luck to Tom Slingsby who really only needs to cross the line to win Gold.

Wonder how much Channel 9 will show of Slingsby considering he's been racing for a week. It starts at 11pm. They are just showerhouse!!!

CrowsFan

Argh I'm so annoyed!!! I set my alarm for 6.40 so I could get up and watch it (had to be up a little after 7 anyway), but wake up this morning look at my phone and it's7!! Somehow had managed to set the alarm to PM instead of AM so I missed the race :'(

Great effort by Solomon to make the final. First Aussie male in 24 years to make the 400 final!! Not expecting any medal from him, but still an outstanding performance by the kid.

fidou

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 06, 2012, 08:58:26 AM
Quote from: fidou on August 06, 2012, 08:00:30 AM
Yep, a true legend, especially after he wins the 200m as well.

Big congrats to 19yo Steve Solomon, a contraversial selection, on making the final. Lets hope this forever shuts John Stefanson up  :-X

Good luck tonight to Shane Perkins, Solomon, Alana Boyd, Michael Diamond (leading the trap qualification - wonder if 9 will show) and the best of luck to Tom Slingsby who really only needs to cross the line to win Gold.

Wonder how much Channel 9 will show of Slingsby considering he's been racing for a week. It starts at 11pm. They are just showerhouse!!!
Slingsby needs to finish 7th or better to guarantee gold. He leads the cypriat by 14 pts. The medal race (11th race) has double points so if he finishes 8th and the cyproit wins then they will tie.
Saw Solomans run and he really kranked it up in the last 30m to get a PB to make the final.
Michael Diamond as well for his 3rd gold medal.

Capper

Peoples

Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFePfqDWD7Y
Kim Mickle Australian Javelin thrower at the Olympics showing off

Jay

Quote from: tabs on August 06, 2012, 05:51:22 PM
Peoples

Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFePfqDWD7Y
Kim Mickle Australian Javelin thrower at the Olympics showing off
haha that's crazy :D

Master Q

When is the 100m gold race?

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on August 06, 2012, 06:13:05 PM
sarcasm? It was this morning mate...Usain Bolt won gold, smashing the olynpic record while he was at it :D

Master Q

Quote from: Jayman on August 06, 2012, 06:15:05 PM
sarcasm? It was this morning mate...Usain Bolt won gold, smashing the olynpic record while he was at it :D
What? I thought it was qualifying?

Master Q

FML.

Ah well I watched it on Youtube. I'll make sure not to miss the 200m.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Master Q on August 06, 2012, 06:45:52 PM
FML.

Ah well I watched it on Youtube. I'll make sure not to miss the 200m.
Doh!

Cicjose

Quote from: Master Q on August 06, 2012, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 06, 2012, 06:15:05 PM
What? I thought it was qualifying?

it was Q the heats and final were all run back to back

tbagrocks

GO BOOMERS, we need to win to possibly avoid the USA, Spain also has to flog Brazil

67-64 3rd, ggggggggggooooooooooo

tbagrocks

seriously WTF, four seconds left up by 1, Russia hit two free throughs lead by 1, Mills hit a 3 on the buzzer to win 82-80, where was 9?

tbagrocks

is its 9s fault for not paying enough or is it foxtels fault for dictating what ever they want

I BLAME FOX, FLOWER YOU