Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I wouldn't care if he lost like a normal bloke...

He was the cockiest mother flowerer going around. If you listened to the way he was talking himself up, you would've thought he was going to win 8 gold even if he was only competing in 4 events.

@Mail - Pearson is a fave.

BratPack

Quote from: Nails on August 04, 2012, 01:21:37 PM
I wouldn't care if he lost like a normal bloke...

He was the cockiest mother flowerer going around. If you listened to the way he was talking himself up, you would've thought he was going to win 8 gold even if he was only competing in 4 events.

@Mail - Pearson is a fave.

The lolz that are going to ensue when she falls at the first hurdle  :P

CrowsFan

Cicjose

Windigo

Sally will bring home the gold for us.  8)

fidou

Quote from: Cicjose on August 04, 2012, 02:08:19 PM
http://www.crikey.com.au/2012/08/03/the-cost-of-olympic-failure-sponsors-taxpayers-ask-if-its-worth-it/
History of Australia in the Olympics shows that after hosting the decline in medals inevitably starts. After Melbourne in 1956 our hall steadily declined until in 1976 we didnt even get a gold medal. (Hence the AIS began). Our medal hall then increased to reach our best in Athens 4 years after Sydney. We will undoubtedly have a new surge around 2044 when the olympics will be held in Perth (only city that will able to afford it.)

Ringo

When you look at Countries that are winning Gold medals to this year there is more spread across countries so obviously some countries will decline in numbers.  France for example won 4 gold medals in the pool and this was their sum total of all Gold medals in swimming for previous games.  At The moment we are even behind NZ who have 3 gold medals and that hurts.

Nails

Johnnie Howard would've never let this happen.

Look what happens when you let Gillard into government.

My Chumps

Quote from: Nails on August 04, 2012, 12:11:15 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on August 03, 2012, 11:58:58 PM
I'd hate to turn this wholesome conversation in the wrong direction but if anyone is watching the womens high-jump right now, Great Britains 19 year old Johnson-Thompson is FIT  ;)

They're all fit, it's the olympics, it's kind of the idea to be fit there.

Johnson-Thompson - whose son is she? John's or Thomp's?
*facepalm

Fit as in hot hahaha.

JBs-Hawks

Fittest iv seen gotta be the little blondey playing hockey for NZ

My Chumps

Aussie girl Densham in front of the Triathalon with 2 laps left in the run stage  :)

tbagrocks

Quote from: My Chumps on August 04, 2012, 08:48:39 PM
Aussie girl Densham in front of the Triathalon with 2 laps left in the run stage  :)
Emma's looking good, but we know she'll find a way to get silver ::)

Jay

Another bloody bronze

Nails

Quote from: My Chumps on August 04, 2012, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 04, 2012, 12:11:15 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on August 03, 2012, 11:58:58 PM
I'd hate to turn this wholesome conversation in the wrong direction but if anyone is watching the womens high-jump right now, Great Britains 19 year old Johnson-Thompson is FIT  ;)

They're all fit, it's the olympics, it's kind of the idea to be fit there.

Johnson-Thompson - whose son is she? John's or Thomp's?
*facepalm

Fit as in hot hahaha.

trolololololol, got ya.

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 04, 2012, 08:54:58 PM

Bronze, flower.

roo boys!

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 04, 2012, 08:54:58 PM
Erin :P