Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Did Kyrie Irving commit to Australia or USA

Holz

Quote from: Cookie311993 on July 31, 2012, 10:04:02 PM
Did Kyrie Irving commit to Australia or USA

unfortunately went to the dream team. I wouldnt mind our chances of getitng a medal with a fit irving and bogut.

Cookie311993

Would he make the side though with the good young point guards they have?

McRooster

Ok, so The Boomers are getting monstered atm by a pseudo NBA team (Spain) but why the flower would channel 9 switch from that to show some Irish chick on a flowering horse, staggering  ::)

Take channel 9 to the glue factory  >:(

Cicjose

fidou

Been up all night. Magnussen has his mojo back into the final, Bronte Barrett bronze. Phelps pipped by the South African for a historic third 200 buttefly. Aussies going well in sailing - Lasers, 49's and Womens Elliot. Knocked out in womens weightllifting (aussie girl could have shaved her armpits)

Jay

wow magnussen was impressive! :D

Rusty00

Quote from: Jayman on August 01, 2012, 08:18:16 AM
wow magnussen was impressive! :D
Equal fastest time for the year I believe.

Let's hope he can back it up in the final, otherwise he's in for a tough time under the microscope for probably the next four years  :-\

valkorum

Quote from: McRooster on July 31, 2012, 10:45:50 PM
Ok, so The Boomers are getting monstered atm by a pseudo NBA team (Spain) but why the flower would channel 9 switch from that to show some Irish chick on a flowering horse, staggering  ::)

I had to babysit at my sisters last night (no Foxtel - I have Foxtel and it was live) and the Aus v Spain game started at 6pm (WST).  On channel 9 they decided to show equestrian.  I then think... hang on, they have 2 channels running so I flick over to GEM only to see the exact same feed.  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME..... why on earth do you have 2 channels running the exact same feed.  Surely showing 2 different feeds would get you more people watching your coverage?

I have to agree whole-heartedly with Roosters bolded comment.

tbagrocks

Because nine S**K B*lls

Ringo

Quote from: valkorum on August 01, 2012, 01:18:17 PM
Quote from: McRooster on July 31, 2012, 10:45:50 PM

I had to babysit at my sisters last night (no Foxtel - I have Foxtel and it was live) and the Aus v Spain game started at 6pm (WST).  On channel 9 they decided to show equestrian.  I then think... hang on, they have 2 channels running so I flick over to GEM only to see the exact same feed.  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME..... why on earth do you have 2 channels running the exact same feed.  Surely showing 2 different feeds would get you more people watching your coverage?

I have to agree whole-heartedly with Roosters bolded comment.
have to agree also with Valk and Roost - Showing and Irish Horse during an Australian Basketball match what next. Agree also they should be showing at least 2 different on the free to air channels.  I complained to Channel 9 about this and they said Gem was for the HD feed and 9 was for the normal digital feed.  Load of manure if you ask me.

valkorum

Personally I couldnt care less if I got a HD feed or not - I would rather 2 channels with different events to choose from.  Luckily for me I have Foxtel and 8 channels of Olympic Events to choose from -- 24 hours a day

fidou

Foxtel has an excellent coverage. The only drawback is a few of the commentators as they have loaded up with AFL, NRL and whoever. Susie Oniell looks embarressed at times in the Swimming with Rebecca ""i know it all Wison" and the rugby dude. James Brayshaw is ok but feels out of his depth in Rowing. The sailing have pommie commentators who follow their own boats.

Bruce McAvaney will be missed when the Athletics is on as the Olympics wont be the same with a "speciaL"COMMENT.

Windigo

If Hackett says; "You could throw a blanket over the field at the moment."

Im gunna throw my remote at the TV.  ::)

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on August 01, 2012, 06:59:33 PM
If Hackett says; "You could throw a blanket over the field at the moment."

Im gunna throw my remote at the TV.  ::)
that would be one big blanket!

Hate that bloke with a passion