Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I STAYED UP FOR THIS shower?!?!??!

flowering disgraceful.

fidou

Ok she didn't win gold but she has a silver. She should be congratulated instead of the disappointment. Know-one would have thought she could get gold if it wasn't for her Olympic record in the heats. I think the Aussie media should take a step back for a while as were not going to be bringing home the gold like in years gone. Were a chance in sailing, rowing and we have a boxer in the last 16 who beat the yank.

Jay

What a shot by Belinda Snell to take it to OT! Pity the girls couldnt finish it off!

Seebhom was a bit disapointing, but a silver medal at age 17 is pretty impressive!

Nails

Quote from: Jayman on July 31, 2012, 09:43:01 AM
What a shot by Belinda Snell to take it to OT! Pity the girls couldnt finish it off!

Seebhom was a bit disapointing, but a silver medal at age 17 is pretty impressive!

She's 20...

:( less impressed?

fidou

Where a chance in the sailing - Tom Slingsby in the Laser's has finished 1st and 2nd after 2 races. We also won the 2nd race in the 49's so it puts us 3rd overall.

BratPack

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 05:09:29 PM
Quote from: BratPack on July 30, 2012, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: Nails on July 30, 2012, 04:53:06 PM
Quote from: BratPack on July 30, 2012, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 04:35:39 PM
Quote from: BratPack on July 30, 2012, 04:23:48 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 03:59:23 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on July 30, 2012, 01:52:13 PM
Is Jaimee Rogers all over the screens aswell?? I haven't been watching the Olympics yet. :(
Not much from what I have seen. The Mens 4X100 was very disappointing  :( Luckily Casey Stoner did The Aussies Proud last night.  :D

flower Casey Stoner.

"Oh. Waaaaaa. I don't have the passion to ride anymore"

Cry me a river b***h  ::)
His actually pretty smart for leaving now. Motorcylcle riding is pretty dangerous. He hasn't got anything left to prove. He has got a child and if he doesn't have the motivation he would be better to spend that time with his child.

Then why ride out the season? You either have the passion or you don't.

Contractual obligations as far as the team and sponsorships.

If he pulled out mid-season before he can he'd be out of pocket millions, which would not be good for his kid.

Irrelevant. Again you either have the passion or you don't. If you have the passion to finish this year, stop whining cause you clearly have enough passion to keep going, if you don't have the passion, flower off
He can still ride, just doesn't have to pull to keep racing when 1. He would rather do other things and 2. he would rather leave now so he doesn't suffer a serious injury. He would be losing a lot of money and a lot of supporters if he pulled out mid-season.

My point still stands. If he has the passion to "See out his contract" then he still has the passion to race now. So Again, if he has the passion now stop whining, if he doesn't flower off.

I cheer for him to fall off every single race

Capper

Quote from: Nails on July 31, 2012, 11:27:08 AM

She's 20...

:( less impressed?
nup, its a flowering silver medal, which means 2nd best. Im proud of all the athletes competing

Jukes

Buzzer beaters always amazing, I remember in my second game of playing pro bball we won through a last second 3-point buzzer beater, was mental.

Noz

Very proud of her, achieving a silver medal is very good, yes she didn't win gold but she still tried her heart out and on the day she got a bit unlucky still very proud of what she achieved.

Nick Darcy you shouldn't of even came!

tbagrocks

apparently the more you tweet the worse you will perform at the Olympics :o

PowerBug

Quote from: Noz on July 31, 2012, 02:10:51 PM
After the heat he sounded very confident that he wasn't trying and would win gold by 5 lengths... (in other words, cocky)
Did he have the semis last night? If so how'd he go?

Disappointed for Emily, but the media hyped her up more than Magnussen. :(

Noz

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2012, 03:28:22 PM
After the heat he sounded very confident that he wasn't trying and would win gold by 5 lengths... (in other words, cocky)

He finished 6th

Nails

Thing is though... I watched it live...

Seebohm swam the fastest time at the olympics for the event, therefore I think it she who let herself down. Her qualifying time was faster than gold in the final :(

Capper

Quote from: Noz on July 31, 2012, 04:17:30 PM

He finished 6th
he only came over to try and get sponsored so he could pay off his debt, not going to happen now

Justin Bieber

didn't she win a medal at Beijing when she was 16??