Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

I think you need to clear up the definition of dangerous...

Dangerous; as in, there is a likely chance of that person being hurt

Dangerous; When someone gets hurt, they get hurt badly

It's the first definition according to the dictionary but people view it as the second definition that I made up...

It is true that Motorcycling is not dangerous as there is a very small chance of injury (definition), but if you do get injured, you get injured badly.

Did I complicate things?

Torpedo10

Quote from: Master Q on July 30, 2012, 06:10:21 PM
Torp it's not that dangerous...

TBH I agree with BP.
Your crazy if you don't think Motorcycle Riding at the highest level isn't dangerous.  ::)

KoopKicka

TBH I agree with BP.

Marco Simoncelli ring a bell buddy? ;)

TheMailman

Almost every motor sport is considered dangerous and to say otherwise is pretty silly

Although idk what the argument is

tbagrocks

BP ever ridden a bike? doubt it eh! unless you actually know how can you say that about Casey?

if you do ride then ok but still? how can you dis a guy that won on a Ducati?

Master Q

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

TBH I agree with BP.
Your crazy if you don't think Motorcycle Riding at the highest level isn't dangerous.  ::)
No I'm not. Retiring from a sport because it's "dangerous" is this biggest BS ever.

Motorcylce Racing is not that "dangerous". I think you are comparing it to riding a motorbike on the streets. They are professional mate. A crash happens one in a blue moon. A huge one is even more unlikely. And someone not returning to the sport after an accident is even more unlikely.

tbagrocks

Seebolm should win Gold I think but who's looking forward to Stephanie's race later?

Cicjose

Men's Hockey

Jamie Dwyer 8)

Capper

Quote from: Cicjose on July 30, 2012, 10:23:51 PM
Men's Hockey

Jamie Dwyer 8)
they played well. SA keeper kept them in the game

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 30, 2012, 10:05:57 PM
Seebolm should win Gold I think but who's looking forward to Stephanie's race later?
im very keen! For seebohm and rice tomorrow morning. Got high hopes for seebohm, should smash the w.record :D

Another great story is the new age 'awesome foursome' rowers who broke the o.record!

Torpedo10

Quote from: Master Q on July 30, 2012, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 08:20:13 PM

TBH I agree with BP.
No I'm not. Retiring from a sport because it's "dangerous" is this biggest BS ever.

Motorcylce Racing is not that "dangerous". I think you are comparing it to riding a motorbike on the streets. They are professional mate. A crash happens one in a blue moon. A huge one is even more unlikely. And someone not returning to the sport after an accident is even more unlikely.
As unlikely as it may be it can still happen. I'm sure Marco Simoncelli didn't expect to die when he got onto the bike before he died? Casey knows what can happen in motorcycling so he is going to try and experience other things.

Noz

Quote from: Jayman on July 30, 2012, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on July 30, 2012, 10:05:57 PM
im very keen! For seebohm and rice tomorrow morning. Got high hopes for seebohm, should smash the w.record :D

Another great story is the new age 'awesome foursome' rowers who broke the o.record!

Seebohm should break the World Record tomorrow

Capper

Belinda Snell, what can i say????  Wow!!!

fidou

Commentators just said Emily Seebhom's father played over 300 games for Glenelg.

tbagrocks

Aussie athletes mase well pack up and go home, I'm sure their trying maybe the Brits have doped us?