Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireballz

Magnussen was super arrogant after the heats and it may be unpatriotic of me but I hate that attitude and I was hoping he'd fail on some level. Hope the swim team bounces back but I hope "the missile" learns a bit of humility out of this as well.

Capper

i have thought of 2 drinking games for the Olympics.

The first one is much like when 7 have the Australian Open Tennis and put on "After the Tennis" ads, everytime someone mentions "After the Olympics" you drink.

The other one is have a drink every time they show the Cathy Freeman ad, where the young girl runs on the farm

trust me, you wont be sober for long

PowerBug

Is Jaimee Rogers all over the screens aswell?? I haven't been watching the Olympics yet. :(

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on July 30, 2012, 01:52:13 PM
Is Jaimee Rogers all over the screens aswell?? I haven't been watching the Olympics yet. :(
Not much from what I have seen. The Mens 4X100 was very disappointing  :( Luckily Casey Stoner did The Aussies Proud last night.  :D

Rusty00

Quote from: tabs on July 30, 2012, 01:43:15 PM
i have thought of 2 drinking games for the Olympics.

The first one is much like when 7 have the Australian Open Tennis and put on "After the Tennis" ads, everytime someone mentions "After the Olympics" you drink.

The other one is have a drink every time they show the Cathy Freeman ad, where the young girl runs on the farm

trust me, you wont be sober for long
What about how many times they advertise the return of Big Brother? You'd be drunk in 15 minutes!

BratPack

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 03:59:23 PM
Not much from what I have seen. The Mens 4X100 was very disappointing  :( Luckily Casey Stoner did The Aussies Proud last night.  :D

flower Casey Stoner.

"Oh. Waaaaaa. I don't have the passion to ride anymore"

Cry me a river b***h  ::)

Torpedo10

Quote from: BratPack on July 30, 2012, 04:23:48 PM

flower Casey Stoner.

His actually pretty smart for leaving now. Motorcylcle riding is pretty dangerous. He hasn't got anything left to prove. He has got a child and if he doesn't have the motivation he would be better to spend that time with his child.

BratPack

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 30, 2012, 04:35:39 PM

flower Casey Stoner.

His actually pretty smart for leaving now. Motorcylcle riding is pretty dangerous. He hasn't got anything left to prove. He has got a child and if he doesn't have the motivation he would be better to spend that time with his child.

Then why ride out the season? You either have the passion or you don't.

Nails

Quote from: BratPack on July 30, 2012, 04:37:42 PM

flower Casey Stoner.

Contractual obligations as far as the team and sponsorships.

If he pulled out mid-season before he can he'd be out of pocket millions, which would not be good for his kid.

BratPack

Quote from: Nails on July 30, 2012, 04:53:06 PM

flower Casey Stoner.

If he pulled out mid-season before he can he'd be out of pocket millions, which would not be good for his kid.

Irrelevant. Again you either have the passion or you don't. If you have the passion to finish this year, stop whining cause you clearly have enough passion to keep going, if you don't have the passion, flower off

Nails

It's not passion, it's just seeing the season out because he's obligated, it's not passion, it's just doing it because he has to contractually and to have enough $ for his kids.

Torpedo10

Quote from: BratPack on July 30, 2012, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: Nails on July 30, 2012, 04:53:06 PM

flower Casey Stoner.

Irrelevant. Again you either have the passion or you don't. If you have the passion to finish this year, stop whining cause you clearly have enough passion to keep going, if you don't have the passion, flower off
He can still ride, just doesn't have to pull to keep racing when 1. He would rather do other things and 2. he would rather leave now so he doesn't suffer a serious injury. He would be losing a lot of money and a lot of supporters if he pulled out mid-season.

Master Q

Torp it's not that dangerous...

TBH I agree with BP.

bomberboy0618

Any sport someone at the highest level of it has died doing said sport is pretty dangerous IMO.

Jay