Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 29, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: Jayman on July 29, 2012, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 29, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
Did anyone actually watch the bike race?
yep...was looking forward to the bunch sprint finish...but no...bloody Kazakhstan had to break away :(
Vinokourov won. This is a fairytale ending for him as he is retiring this year. he was going to retire last year but cause of a crash last year in the Tour De France he decided to go around one more year. I'm sure his pleased with that desision.  :P

+ he's a cheat...

Torpedo10

Quote from: Boomz on July 29, 2012, 02:45:26 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 29, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: Jayman on July 29, 2012, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 29, 2012, 12:08:14 PM
Did anyone actually watch the bike race?
yep...was looking forward to the bunch sprint finish...but no...bloody Kazakhstan had to break away :(
Vinokourov won. This is a fairytale ending for him as he is retiring this year. he was going to retire last year but cause of a crash last year in the Tour De France he decided to go around one more year. I'm sure his pleased with that desision.  :P

+ he's a drug cheat...
He did take drugs and was out of cycling for 2 years. Not sure if his still on them but I'm sure we'll find out soon if he is still taking them.

Master Q

FFS AUSTRALIA AND FOXTEL.

WHY THE FLOWER ARE YOU SHOWING USA V FRANCE IN THE BASKETBALL DELAYED. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE AUSTRALIAN GAME, AND THEY CHOOSE TO SHOW THE EQUESTRIAN OVER THE USA GAME BECAUSE IT HAS AUSSSIES IN IT. YOU HAVE 8 BLOODY CHANNELS YET YOU CAN'T SHOW IT LIVE. I AM SICK OF THIS COUNTRY ONLY CARING ABOUT THEMSELVES.

Lift your game foxtel.

#rantover.

EDIT: Turns out there isn't even an aussie in the equestrian. FML.

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on July 29, 2012, 03:57:07 PM
FFS AUSTRALIA AND FOXTEL.

WHY THE FLOWER ARE YOU SHOWING USA V FRANCE IN THE BASKETBALL DELAYED. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE AUSTRALIAN GAME, AND THEY CHOOSE TO SHOW THE EQUESTRIAN OVER THE USA GAME BECAUSE IT HAS AUSSSIES IN IT. YOU HAVE 8 BLOODY CHANNELS YET YOU CAN'T SHOW IT LIVE. I AM SICK OF THIS COUNTRY ONLY CARING ABOUT THEMSELVES.

Lift your game foxtel.

#rantover.

EDIT: Turns out there isn't even an aussie in the equestrian. FML.
thats a load of flowering shower! Im in the same position mate...would love to see a high-quality game of world-class b-ball BUT NO we get the most flowering boring sport (if you even consider it a sport)

BratPack

It's France.

Who cares?

:P

Jay

Quote from: BratPack on July 29, 2012, 04:04:22 PM
It's France.

Who cares?

Well tony parker is one of my faves

Master Q

Quote from: Jayman on July 29, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
It's France.

Who cares?

and who wants to see a team of NBA nobodys vs Brazil? Oooo Patty Mills oooo  :P

tbagrocks

was less than impressed with 9 last night, spent to much time talking and not enough sport
and whats with gem? their showing the same on both channels! I would have though they might show different sports on the other channel?

not very happy 9!

BratPack

9 are so shower. 7 at least recognized that not everyone has Foxtel/Can Stay Up to watch the Olympics and repeated stuff during the Day. 9 just power off to TAC Future Stars, a show noone flowering watches

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on July 29, 2012, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: Jayman on July 29, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
It's France.

Who cares?

and who wants to see a team of NBA nobodys vs Brazil? Oooo Patty Mills oooo  :P
patty mills is king of the junk-time...overrated! He's not much better than our other NBA star, david anderson.woooo

Windigo

Gem has it in HD. While Win is just not as crisp.

I would have thought they'd have Gem playing a different sport & Win showing another. Not 2 of the same.

But it's early days yet. Watched a bit of the bike race & the womens basketball.

Cicjose

online coverage > all

fidou

I feel sorry for the coverage on free to air as win only seems to show swimming. But from your post windego have learned gem is showing also. The foxtel 8 channels is great as for the first time in years I have been able to watch sports all over. Its great to watch the aussies but sometimes you want to see others.

Love the olympics have taken two weeks leave and hopefully my 5 day growth will be full by olympics end!!

Spinking

Whatever happened to Roy and HG's evening show at the Olympics?  Can't remember if they had it at Beijing but was one of my favourite parts of previous Olympics...

fidou

Quote from: Spinking on July 29, 2012, 10:20:34 PM
Whatever happened to Roy and HG's evening show at the Olympics?  Can't remember if they had it at Beijing but was one of my favourite parts of previous Olympics...
I think they have had a split. I saw HG commentating on 7 the other day though. I showed my two daughters (nine and twelve) you tube shows on Roy and HG of Eric the eel and the gymnastics and they were laughing so much it was really cute. Roy and HG have made the Olympics over recent years it would be great to have them back.