Main Menu

Olympics

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Thought I'd get a thread starting on the Olympics for discussion about whom will win the most medals and what Aussies do well.

Spinking

Reckon this may be a weak Olympics for Aus. Don't think we are as strong in swimming, cycling and shooting as we have been in the past, but I'm not sure if we may make up for it in other places.

Potential gold - James Magnussen, Sally Pearson, Steve Hooker???

Kellogscrunchynut

Matthew Mitcham is also a chance.

Spinking

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on July 08, 2012, 12:33:41 AM
Matthew Mitcham is also a chance.

Hadn't even heard of him. Which sport?

CrowsFan

You've never heard of Mitcham?? :o

He won gold in the 10m platform diving in Beijing, and whilst doing it scored the highest ever score for a single dive in history. Amazing athlete! Should bring home another gold for the Aussies :)

Spinking

Nice! Will definitely keep an eye on the diving!

Jay

Mitcham, Pearson & Magnussen are only real chances. Yes no Hooker, he is finished IMO

Steph Rice may be up there as well

We'll have to wait and see

Spinking

What about team sports? Do Aus still go alright in Hockey, Basketball etc?

CrowsFan

Should win the mens hockey, but there are a few teams who can challenge them (mainly Germany, Enlgand etc), but they should still win it. Will be tougher for the womens, but hopefully they can get a medal...

Kellogscrunchynut

As for most Medals does anyone reckon that Phelps and Bolt can build on the success of their previous Games.

Spinking

Both have been down lately but I'd love to see them hit top form. Is Phelps greatest Gold Medal winner ever yet?

Kellogscrunchynut

Yep he has 14 gold medals to his name, but most medals overall goes to a Soviet gymnast named Larisa Latynina with 18 medals total two more than Phelps with 16.

Capper

We should win the mens hockey although Des Abbott is out of the Olympics after doing his knee.

Also i think we have the current BMX ladies champ????

PowerBug

How to Pole vault (with PowerBug):
Step 1: grab the pole and get ready to run.
Step 2: Run at the bar you need to go over.
Step 3: Go over the bar.

*Note: At no stage should you let go of the pole, that is a big no no*

Hooker today didn't register a jump. :-\ Chances looking slim.

CrowsFan

Fairly sure you are meant to let go of the pole PB, otherwise you will knock the bar off with the pole :P