Watson grrrrrrrrrr

Started by Spuds11, July 07, 2012, 11:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds11

Looks like another  average score from my squad if  I could just get the captains pick right first time I captained Watson this year and gets his lowest score

LF

Nearly captained him but changed it to Jelwood so hopefully Jelwood doesn't stink it up like the others so far

kilbluff1985

why would u captain him against Jones?

Rowan1812

Exactly. Didn't do your research that they were playing saints and would get a tag. Suck it up princess.

upthemaidens

made him VC  ,, but have Franklin as captain.... soooo :-\ could cost me a big week, if buddy doesnt play....bugger :P
   ... just like to say Priddis,Cox and Zorko,, you guys rock... you guys rock HARD... 8)

colmullet

yeah he stung me with his impressive last month....all good things come to an end....as soon as ya stick a 'C' on it

upthemaidens

Quote from: colmullet on July 07, 2012, 11:47:46 PM
yeah he stung me with his impressive last month....all good things come to an end....as soon as ya stick a 'C' on it
ya damned if ya do and ya damned if ya dont,,,, i thought ablett vs cats,, dont like it.....  so hey jobe "140" watson solid VC (wont get the jones tag) choice....  oh well all my bets came in, so im a happy drunk tonight :D

Frozensage

the whole team had a bad game and he was still top 2 scorer for them so don't listen to those who thinks it was actually Jones who did a good job. If Jobe got 140 then all of a sudden these ppl will say he is untaggable and when he doesn't get a ton, like Tonight, it was the tagger doing a good job... unbelievable. 

Slashers

Yep, no one could have said you should have seen it coming. Watson already has the 'untaggable' title anyway. It was just a poor team effort that even the great man himself couldn't do anything about.
Just the way it goes sometimes.
First time I picked him as C all year too, and it might lose me just my second game of the year!

The Bomber

Quote from: Rowan1812 on July 07, 2012, 11:37:30 PM
Exactly. Didn't do your research that they were playing saints and would get a tag. Suck it up princess.
Quote from: kilbluff1995 on July 07, 2012, 11:33:28 PM
why would u captain him against Jones?

1. He gets tagged every week.

2. The whole Saints team tagged him. It was a different guy every 5 minutes on him. Even the great Gablett scores around 100 when that happens to him. I say decent effort getting to 90. Sorry to those who captained him though...

Spuds11

i dosent matter is till get a decent score but was looking for that breakout score my best scores in supercoach is 2534 so far was looking good this week again  at least i got lucky with my ruck trade this week went from Giles to cox so am happy with that just hoping to break that magic 2600 barrier guess it have to happen on another week im probably on track for 2300 easy i am currently 1872/17 and captain with Chapman ablett Barlow franklin(piffer fwd  100 emg) and lake to come

NFI Police

Correct me if im wrong here guys....for all you guys who think it wasnt jones's tagging role that contributed heavily to the result, Watson is in the midfield, he creates most of essendons clearances which gets momentum and the ball going essendons way,which brings the bombers forward line into play. Jones culled both of those things tonight which gave the saints midfield a huge advantage. Clearances,inside 50's and contested possessions...win games

Rowan1812

Watson is very taggable but is scoring so well lately as people are tagging stanton and not him. He was tagged out of 3 quarters by crowelly and from memory was on 60 odd in the last quarter and just managed to shake the tag and got 120 as he was dominant in last quarter. People need to start tagging him because when he is tagged out of the game essendon generally lose.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: NFI Police on July 08, 2012, 10:20:07 AM
Correct me if im wrong here guys....for all you guys who think it wasnt jones's tagging role that contributed heavily to the result, Watson is in the midfield, he creates most of essendons clearances which gets momentum and the ball going essendons way,which brings the bombers forward line into play. Jones culled both of those things tonight which gave the saints midfield a huge advantage. Clearances,inside 50's and contested possessions...win games
Did you watch the game? Jones didn't do a hard tag on Jobe, it was a team effort by the Saints midfield.
The whole team had a shocker and does anyone else notice how the flowering ball always bounces the wrong way when a team is having a bad game. Sometimes everything just goes against you!

Kenny27

Quote from: NFI Police on July 08, 2012, 10:20:07 AM

Essendon won the clearances for the night 35 to 33, Watson had a equal team high 5 clearances with only Dal Santo getting more with 6.

The guy only has 2 shoulders he cant carry them every week. He was still solid with the 2nd most touches for the bombers in 79% time on ground.